Feral's Journal Of Insanity & Some Growing

Yeah. I was going to put my tents on 18/6 but haven't ever got around to putting a timer in. Don't even know if I have one. Lol. Should have. Want to get some electronic ones with batteries so if there is power outages they don't go off schedule. I wish I had a bit more in flower too but it's given me some room to sex some of those seeds so not totally wasted space. It's hard keeping everything full, sometimes it just doesn't work out as you plan. I'm sure you will make the most of it.

i flicked my timer onto manual the other week so i could work in there during dark hours and completely forgot about it till the other day :rofl: Yeah i will get the hang of keeping things full soon hopefully :rofl: I know now to try fill the veg tent up as much as possible to get me through winter, summer will be easily caught back up as i can use the natural light source in the sky :) i should start seeing some of the mango's popping up over the next few days too so will probably just start throwing them in there till i get some others ready

Tbh I'm just going to make my own, i can get the rosin plates, heating elements, dual controller enail setup delivered for about $350 from china, it bolts onto a shop press (bearing press) which i can pick up just about anywhere over here that will do about 20,000 lbs pressure, way more than what is needed :thumb: Id love to sell some seeds but I'm not going to sell anything that is untested ;)

That's not bad for all that and from China...nice :thumb: Yeah that's a fair enough point bro. Don't want to be dodgy ;)

That's not bad for all that and from China...nice :thumb: Yeah that's a fair enough point bro. Don't want to be dodgy ;)

Yeah man its not bad, all up looking at about $500-600 for the full setup ;) I may be able to get it all even cheaper though as i might be able to get the plates custom made, its essentially just 2 blocks of aluminium drilled to house heating elements which i have a mate that can machine it all up for me ;) Tbh the seeds i have made so far will not be sold, they are just for friends that want to try them, not true breeding, just taking 2 strains of someone elses and crossing them with no selections involved, some will be awesome and others wont even be worth growing out :rofl:

Yeah man its not bad, all up looking at about $500-600 for the full setup ;) I may be able to get it all even cheaper though as i might be able to get the plates custom made, its essentially just 2 blocks of aluminium drilled to house heating elements which i have a mate that can machine it all up for me ;) Tbh the seeds i have made so far will not be sold, they are just for friends that want to try them, not true breeding, just taking 2 strains of someone elses and crossing them with no selections involved, some will be awesome and others wont even be worth growing out :rofl:

That's alright I guess? Lol I haven't really looked into how much rosin presses are because they are most likely too expensive for me right now :rofl: It's good to have mates that can do that sought of thing aye :thumb: You know I'm up for trying anything of yours mate ;) Too right mate, taking 2 strains from someone else and then 'breeding' it and calling it your own isn't worth much. Selection makes all the difference plus the amount of seeds you have to pop to find the coota pheno...jesus titty fucking christ it takes a lot of time too. I read a thread about male selection (MNS forum) and just the male selection alone can take years. That alone would put people off but it gets me excited that I'll have something to do for years to come :high-five:

Wow man.. looking great :passitleft:

That's alright I guess? Lol I haven't really looked into how much rosin presses are because they are most likely too expensive for me right now :rofl: It's good to have mates that can do that sought of thing aye :thumb: You know I'm up for trying anything of yours mate ;) Too right mate, taking 2 strains from someone else and then 'breeding' it and calling it your own isn't worth much. Selection makes all the difference plus the amount of seeds you have to pop to find the coota pheno...jesus titty fucking christ it takes a lot of time too. I read a thread about male selection (MNS forum) and just the male selection alone can take years. That alone would put people off but it gets me excited that I'll have something to do for years to come :high-five:

Yeah for a full pre built machine you are looking at way more than that delivered over here, closer to $1000 for a cheapie which i have heard don't last long due to their cheap frame bending, not being able to hold the pressure ;) that's still talking manual pump and everything, closer to 2000 for a cheap air press, for anything decent you are looking at about +5000 :thumb: The only problem with the cheap china presses is the frame and not the rosin plates etc so to get around that you use a shop press which is built to withstand that kinda pressure ;) I didn't get that many seeds from this round so far but defo will have a few for you to choose from :) Yeah anything to do with breeding takes a lot of time, i see it the same way, its going to keep me busy for the rest of my life and i love it, feels like i have a purpose :rofl: True selection is starting for me as soon as these first mango seeds pop :thumb: saying that though i say play around and cross as many strains together as you can while you are searching, you never know, you may stumble onto something amazing in the process, you just never know :high-five:

Wow man.. looking great :passitleft:

Thanks Grizz, coming along alright, missing my big sativa hybrids though :rofl:

:passitleft:

Yeah for a full pre built machine you are looking at way more than that delivered over here, closer to $1000 for a cheapie which i have heard don't last long due to their cheap frame bending, not being able to hold the pressure ;) that's still talking manual pump and everything, closer to 2000 for a cheap air press, for anything decent you are looking at about +5000 :thumb: The only problem with the cheap china presses is the frame and not the rosin plates etc so to get around that you use a shop press which is built to withstand that kinda pressure ;) I didn't get that many seeds from this round so far but defo will have a few for you to choose from :) Yeah anything to do with breeding takes a lot of time, i see it the same way, its going to keep me busy for the rest of my life and i love it, feels like i have a purpose :rofl: True selection is starting for me as soon as these first mango seeds pop :thumb: saying that though i say play around and cross as many strains together as you can while you are searching, you never know, you may stumble onto something amazing in the process, you just never know :high-five: :passitleft:

Yeah fuck that then lol. 5k for a decent one is bullshit :rofl: Smart thinking mate and saves you about $4000 :high-five: ;) Sounds awesome man, I actually have a few here I could probably send you if you want. I'd have to look through them but off the bat I know the Afghani #1 produced a lot of seeds (last outdoor season harvest) have no idea what it got pollinated by though haha. Pollen can travel from 200-300km soooo it could be literally anything :rofl: Up to you though. Maybe wait until we can swap and trade so it's fair all around? Idk :rofl: Well proper breeding anyway. Anyone can be a novice breeder but to be a master breeder takes a lot of time and effort, well worth it though :) I know what you mean man, we're all 'cannabis warriors' in our own sense. Especially those whom continue to do what they do in more illegal situations ;) Ohhhhh yeah buddy can't wait to see those mangoes popping :high-five: You said you dropped 18? How many cracked and germ'd the best? That's the beauty about open pollination, you can have a huge amount of variety in a small space because of how far pollen can travel, so it makes for exciting grows. The mystery of "I don't know what the fuck did but something pollinated this plant and it wasn't my plants...I've got not fucking males" makes for an exciting tale in a sense :thumb:

Afghani's sound interesting, could be anything the seed produces :) First thing id do is drop in a whole heap and see if you get a male, if all are fem you will find the plant possibly hermied and pollinated itself or a nearby plant hermied etc and created fem seed :thumb: If you find males you could end up with anything, might be something amazing :) I dropped in 18 mangos but i had them bubbling away for about 3 days so may not even see germination from them, got my seedling dome going now and is much better for them so will drop in more if they don't go ;) i wont be doing open pollination with these ones just yet, will probably select a few different females and males down the track and try breed out the undesirable phenotypes along the way :thumb:

Afghani's sound interesting, could be anything the seed produces :) First thing id do is drop in a whole heap and see if you get a male, if all are fem you will find the plant possibly hermied and pollinated itself or a nearby plant hermied etc and created fem seed :thumb: If you find males you could end up with anything, might be something amazing :) I dropped in 18 mangos but i had them bubbling away for about 3 days so may not even see germination from them, got my seedling dome going now and is much better for them so will drop in more if they don't go ;) i wont be doing open pollination with these ones just yet, will probably select a few different females and males down the track and try breed out the undesirable phenotypes along the way :thumb:

It was the freebies from herbies afghani which I believe is Sensi Seeds Afghani #1 just FYI. Hmmmmm that's a good idea bro, I should do that when I get around to growing them :high-five: I'm definitely interested but I have a fair few seeds I want to try out and since they are pretty new they can just chill for a bit ;) 3 days is too long I think but you never know, something might pop. The seedling dome will help a lot being great for humidity, crossing my fingers for some of your older beans to go man! Maybe try that GA3 or what ever it is. One step at a time bro, I didn't even mean for those outdoor ones to get slighty pollinated so that was more of a fluke open pollination :rofl: Keen to see what you get :high-five:

I think i have some of them same seeds from an order at herbies a while back before they lost their CC payment options, almost impossible to order from them now ;) I went in and had a look at the pots in the dome before, unpotted one of the mangos and it had cracked open and has a short tail coming out, all looks good so it went back into the pot :rofl: free space where White Jack was, I couldn't help myself and dropped in another seed, no soak or bubble, straight into coco, it was the Red Afro from Tropical seeds ;) got the dome sitting on a heatmat too so its perfect in there for them :high-five:

Screenshot_5294.png

Screenshot_5297.png

Screenshot_5298.png

It's always the ultra frost with you mate, top work as ever

Just popping by so say how do

Here's progress so far in mine ;)

Looking like my aim of cultivating some Feral style colas is on track

Thanks mate :high-five: holy crap they are looking awesome, loving it mate, got some full on awesome colas happening there, well done :bravo: I was just over in your journal catching up too :) so glad you didn't tie them down :high-five:

Hehe there is literally no room to tie em over anyhow - if i bent those fat fukkers over they would block the light on the buds next to em :/ and probably snap the stems are so thick

I have got two more boxes of yo-yos to get in later tonight - getting em all nicely spaced out and been removing any big fan leaves that block light from buds, now there is good central growth going on

I think i have some of them same seeds from an order at herbies a while back before they lost their CC payment options, almost impossible to order from them now ;) I went in and had a look at the pots in the dome before, unpotted one of the mangos and it had cracked open and has a short tail coming out, all looks good so it went back into the pot :rofl: free space where White Jack was, I couldn't help myself and dropped in another seed, no soak or bubble, straight into coco, it was the Red Afro from Tropical seeds ;) got the dome sitting on a heatmat too so its perfect in there for them :high-five:

Ah okay no worries mate, will still be interesting to find out what pollinated mine :) Lol RIP Herbies :rofl: :party: Nice one! First seed to show any sign of actual growth. Congratulations :party: Let's see how red this afro really is :high-five: Be carefull not to cook the seeds in there as I've done it before, lost 8 bought seeds and they were from herbies lol, so expensive :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom