FF Soil & Nuts - 420 Blue Dream 2018

3rd shifter here too. I also do a ton of reading at work during the slow times. We'll probably run into each other here a lot during the wee hours of the morning. I'm on EST. When I'm online most I either run into insomniacs or site members from Australia.

You can really see the explosion of undergrowth since you topped her. Are you planning on running CFL's through the entire grow or moving to another type of light once you hit bloom?
Hey man, yea I'm EST as well. Yea 3rd shift is tough man. 2 years now and still not used to it. Yea I'm going to be running cfl's the whole time as it's hard to run anything else with the same I have. 2x2x4 grow tent. Not much height for anything else. Appreciate ya checking me out.

I understand the small tent woes. Mine is 32"x32"x63" but I still manage to cram up to 4 plants in it and 4 old style Mars Hydro 300 watt LED's in it (140 actual draw each). Height can become the biggest problem so I usually top and LST them to keep em as short as possible. I've still had strains that want to go strait up and in that case I have to change out my regular light hangers for some zip ties to gain about 6 more inches of headroom. With the LEDs I normally run them 12" from plant tops in bloom but I've had them as close as 8" when I couldn't raise them any further and they still didn't burn the plant. No way I could run a HPS bulb in there. Well maybe, but I'd have to scrog it out.

I understand the small tent woes. Mine is 32"x32"x63" but I still manage to cram up to 4 plants in it and 4 old style Mars Hydro 300 watt LED's in it (140 actual draw each). Height can become the biggest problem so I usually top and LST them to keep em as short as possible. I've still had strains that want to go strait up and in that case I have to change out my regular light hangers for some zip ties to gain about 6 more inches of headroom. With the LEDs I normally run them 12" from plant tops in bloom but I've had them as close as 8" when I couldn't raise them any further and they still didn't burn the plant. No way I could run a HPS bulb in there. Well maybe, but I'd have to scrog it out.
Yea man I really wanna get LED but I'm only working with about 41inches of space with the carbon filter and fan. Trust me I wanna talk the wife in getting a bigger tent.. my boy offered me a 2x4x6 grow tent but can't get the attic temps under control so the closet is where I grow. Hahaha

It must be blinding to look in there with all the CFLs right on top of the plant! I'm running some CFLs to start off too, but I just added in my 400w MH bulb. Looks like we started about the same time....I'll tag along if you don't mind.

Yea man I really wanna get LED but I'm only working with about 41inches of space with the carbon filter and fan. Trust me I wanna talk the wife in getting a bigger tent.. my boy offered me a 2x4x6 grow tent but can't get the attic temps under control so the closet is where I grow. Hahaha

Our setups are pretty similar. My filter and fan are taking up some space at the top of my tent too. I think you could go LED. Might have to use something shorter than the supplied hangers that come with most lights to gain a few more inches. Probably cost about the same as all the CFLs and fixtures you'll need too.

It must be blinding to look in there with all the CFLs right on top of the plant! I'm running some CFLs to start off too, but I just added in my 400w MH bulb. Looks like we started about the same time....I'll tag along if you don't mind.
Lol they are very blinding! I love love for you to tag along. Do you have a journal going as well that could follow?

Making it work! Your excitement is fun to watch. You will really struggle getting any penetration with those but your getting gre at coverage right now. If I were a betting man when she gets bigger, lights will find a way.
I had one other grow that grew amazing big buds with the same setup.. it was my first grow and I over stressed her out and she hermie on me bad. So it went to crap. Once I put her in the 10 gallon pot I will add 4 more lights and take 2 from them top and have 6 below and 8 above. Worked great last time. I believe I have more knowledge now not to hermie this one

Our setups are pretty similar. My filter and fan are taking up some space at the top of my tent too. I think you could go LED. Might have to use something shorter than the supplied hangers that come with most lights to gain a few more inches. Probably cost about the same as all the CFLs and fixtures you'll need too.
I would love that setup!!!

Check out BluePhoric's journal too. He has a couple grows now using only CFLs very successfully. He also has an interesting 're-veg' experiment going on at the moment.

Also I transplanted on Saturday and the top of her soil is still moist so I'm guessing I over watered.. all the time I put into studying and I'm letting my nervous and anxiousness get me and block out the everything I learned.. just need to take my relax and stop worrying so much. I must check on her 10 times a day.. hahaha then worry when I'm at work. And do nothing but studying while I'm working. Lol 3rd shift supervisor.
Sounds exactly like me lol. Im sure once my 2nd load is finished ill calm down a bit. Until then im on edge. Luckily my grow isnt where i live cos if it was id be in there every couple hours.

Hello everyone and thank you all so much for the support so far! Here is a update didnt get to update yesterday was super busy.
Here is a close shot of her beaching. Just impressive
Top shot of here and how her lower shots are coming through the top already!
Lower shots again coming out of the top.. she is growing bottoms up!
Sorry about the angle. Height of plant to pot maybe 5 inches. She is just getting super thick and wide.. so awesome to watch!

Check out BluePhoric's journal too. He has a couple grows now using only CFLs very successfully. He also has an interesting 're-veg' experiment going on at the moment.
Was just reading his journal. My god they look amazing.. I have to finish reading but thought I thank you for sending me the link!! That is super exciting to see!

Hey 420 community!! I haven't updated in a couple days. Been super busy dealing with life. So a lot has went on since the last update.. she has gotten double in size she has been topped and LST. Again as I always do I messed up.. was training her 2 main tops down and wasn't paying attention and pulled to far and ripped 1 of her main tops of. Good news is it didnt stop her. That happened on Saturday after I feed her half gallon of water with 1/2tsp of cal/mag ph6.5. This morning she has blew up and bounced right back.. I'm hoping it didnt put a ton of stress on her to hermie, I guess only time will tell. She is loving the light setup and the growth from everywhere is incredible. Stay tuned to this beautiful disaster I'm creating! Love this!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom