Fifth: G13 Haze & Sixth: Bonus Seed

I currently have three in the Grow-Cab, which I will revert to vegetating after I harvest the top colas. The flowering is coming along very slowly, but it is flowering...

IMG_033113.JPG

I have been holding out thin hopes that the G13s would yield something, because I didn't want to admit to myself that these last six months were a complete waste of time and money. BUT THEY WERE.

Trashing the Cab Grow, and starting seeds.

Annie is still beautiful, the MOST beautiful of any plant that I have flowered these last 10 months of growing medicine. Now, if if I can only get her to the harvest.

Moved the retarded G13s outside, the last good chance to recover.

OK, I took growing off for the summer, sort o'. I now have 8 seeds planted in rockwool with a few others germinating in a paper towel. I have switched to the CFL grow light. I will get 8 sprouts growing strong in the grow cabinets, and then move them to the grow tent for another 4 weeks of vegging before flowering.

Annie was being assailed by gnats again, so I dropped in a vinegar gnat trap. No signs of stress or distress, only calyxes getting ready to swell.

I will get clones going in the grow cabinet to round out the legal count. This time, it all will succeed... But in a new journal.

I like big buds and I cannot lie. I have to keep telling myself this is only flowering week 3. Sure, she is all pistols now... But note that this is the most beautiful cannabis plant I have ever seen in person. Really.

photo-418.JPG
20120911_185950.jpg
IMG_0337-001.JPG

Orphan Annie at 11 days, 19, 23 and today 33 days since she was first sent into her twelves.

Orphan_Annie_at_11_days.JPG
Orphan_Annie_at_19_days_Pistils_1.JPG
Orphan_Annie_at_23_days_Buds_2.JPG

Is there anything wrong with my girl for as young as she is?

Orphan_Annie_at_33_days_Buds1.JPG

DAY 40

Leaves are turning yellow, drying out and falling. To my inexperienced eyes, this looks normal--at least it looks like my one other successful grow at this stage. What say you, about my short little Orphan Annie? A recent nitrogen boost didn't seem to do much.

How bad does she look? Give me the bad news Doc. Do you think she will make it to harvest?

DAY 40

Leaves are turning yellow, drying out and falling. To my inexperienced eyes, this looks normal--at least it looks like my one other successful grow at this stage. What say you, about my short little Orphan Annie? A recent nitrogen boost didn't seem to do much.

How bad does she look? Give me the bad news Doc. Do you think she will make it to harvest?

20121004_194524.jpg

Day 57. Lower buds are solid, at least half as large as terminal cola. Trichomes are visible on bud ad some on leaves. She is supposed to swell the most in the next two weeks...I can't wait.
1021120655-1.jpg

Tomorrow will be 9-weeks. She is the most beautiful plant I have ever grown in my LIFE.

I am holding off the temptation to cut her down, weigh her dry and send her into reveg. She is but a week from getting heavier, frostier nuggets.

OK, my first seed to success *ever* is complete.

I'm disappointed that the yield is slightly less than an ounce (25 grams) dry (assuming a 70% water weight loss). Still I'm thrilled.
DSCF88751.JPG

I am so pleased with my grow experience with her, I'm sending her into re-veg (my first try ever).
DSCF8874.JPG

By the looks and the smell of the buds, I'm convinced now this orphan girl is Lemon Ice--not the most boutique strain in the world...but I'm sure she'll do two to three ounces on her next grow after reveg.

This thread is done!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom