Fighting low humidity when it's -36c outside

Budcheeks

I grow in the east coast Canada. I grow indoors in the winter and at times its -30 outside and all the heat running in the house its a battle with humidity ,light on all good, light off humidity threw the roof increase air flow all is good,lights on she be dry lol but if I don't do nothing let the plants take care of themselves they hold a nice 39 to 45% humidity I know my spring summer fall grow is better faster growth but im thinking in the winter i can deal with the lower humidy just wondering if anyone else ran into this and found a good consisted system or should I just leaf well alone sorry

Me to. Nor'easters are just plain brutal! My grow is away from my home and i just do my best to moderate the heat and try to keep that humidity spike in check. I heat my home with wood and it's like a rollercoaster until April.

I’ve given up fighting with humidity and honestly think my plants grow better. You can see mine is 29%. No complaints. These are autos.

81E06BF2-E1AD-4424-93BF-A5F0CEED8D6D.jpeg

F1625B32-1CB6-4967-9631-3BF8BAD46DA8.jpeg

4992F567-8CA3-4368-988D-245B774AFF3B.jpeg

10C068A3-EB6D-4154-B1B3-B593A7090A05.jpeg

A couple years back the polar vortex was dominate in my area of southern ontario and bought myself a cool mister and threw it in my tent. Seem to help boost it a bit would sometimes need to refill twice a day. I know some will wet a towel and hang it from the top of the tent to add some moisture into their tent too. Best of luck with your grow

Glad I don't have to deal with -30 but this year living in Ontario it's been such a mild winter so far I haven't really even needed it but when my humidity gets too low in the winter I just turn on my little humidifier in my grow room and it keeps the plants in a slightly moister area but it makes the whole house more bearable.

I find if I keep the house between 30 and 40% humidity in the winter and below 50% in the summer my plants are happy and that's pretty much what they suggest for your house anyways. You really need to buy a hygrometer.

Here is the little unit I bought last year.

30 -40 % humidity is just fine as long as your temps are below 80 degree with lights on i grow all the time with a 36-37 % humidity all the time with temps around 76 degree , plus once your plants are in flower you will need the lower humidity to to prevent moldy buds

Back
Top Bottom