First Berry White Closet Grow

I'm fairly certain this is nute burn. I have not added any, but there were nutrients in the soil. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile964951503.jpg

420-magazine-mobile853399029.jpg

I think the one leaf that has spots all over is from water splash. It's the "burnt tips" & "crossing fingers" I'm concerned about. Thanks all!

Looks like Claudette definitely has nute burn. I'll be flushing her the next few weeks. **Thanks to sage advice from the faq forum!

Just read that roots do not like light so I just used electrical tape around the bottoms of the seedling containers to keep light out. Humidity has risen to 28%. Yay

There was a thread going somewhere on here about marijuana roots in light . Marijuana roots are OK with light it's the air that they don't like. Look up a little bit more about it. It's quite interesting

Sent with my Light and Love Happy Growing

RH is 33% ~ it's been fluctuating so much. Temp dropped about 3° from this morning to 77°

I had germinated a few bag seeds a few days ago & one of the roots was sticking out of the grow cubes so I tried planting it in soil... I accidentally snapped the little root part sticking out of the bottom . . . . I still planted it hoping it would bounce back. But there are 2 others sprouting. I'm experimenting with different germination processes & this time I just stuck the seed into the grow cubes. It took a lot longer to pop than the paper towel/ziplock method that I will probably stick to. These bag seeds will be experimentation before I send off for anything real. Good thing I have about 10 more to experiment with!

Question: should I wait for Claudette's soil to dry before doing a flush? The soil is still pretty damp despite being watered almost a week ago... I can't find anything that tells whether to wait for watering time to do it or asap... please help!

Let the soil dry in Claudette's pot. If it seems moist then it's definitely to soon to water. It will be even wetter at the bottom.

The seedlings are following your light. They'll be ok but you may want to prop them up. For your next hardware purchase I would recommend getting some of those clip on lights like savingson has and stock up on 6500k cfls. The 100 watt equivalent is really nice. Plants that are in the stages yours are in need lots of 6500k spectrum. Especially those seedlings. You can get the clip on and cfl right up close. Within an inch or two and that will keep them shorter (most of the time) and stouter.

The white spots might be Powdery Mildew. It may also be residual stuff from the earlier splashing. I see a much larger stain in the first pic above the spots and to the right. You may want to research some PM cures just in case. I never get it here so I can't help much, but chances are you may have the cure in your cupboards lol.

The more I look at that soil the more I think you will have issues with watering. It will work and you may even get it to work well for you, but all that wood will make it harder to be consistent. Sound like it holds water for a long time when it should be drying within a few days considering your temp and humidity. But as before patience :) I think my primary focus at this point would be a better soil and clip on lights with 6500k cfl's. Maybe carefully swab off a few of those spots with alcohol too. Just in case. If it is PM you want to get it early.

All in all hell yeah!!! :high-five:

You'll do just fine :) We just have to figure out what works best for you. The light is fine. Seeds do sprout outside and the sun is pretty far away lol. Just remember more blue when you can. You may have to get creative with getting your seedlings closer. Something else to consider may be LST (low stress training). They are primed for it. :eyebrowsmile:

Okay electro... I found the milk & baking soda treatments... would one of those be okay? Can't afford (and don't want) fungicides. I've been reading up on organic growing so I'd like not to introduce chemicals.
** I hope you realize you're my official guru now! ~namaste~

Back
Top Bottom