First Closet Grow

Re: First clost grow

Will take onouthrr picture today. She has been on 12/12 for about a week now. Gonna change the light ratio to all red today. See if that helps.

Hey Bun, she won't flower at this stage, no matter what light schedule/ ratio you use. Minimum time for a plant to mature to flower is 21 days and that would be a very lucky strike! Rule of thumb for me, expect to see flower when second-set of 7-blade leaves are matured.

Kinda lost my way for a couple of days. Been proper gutted went to check the lady yesterday and she had wilted so pulled her out.

The led was only a cheaply made Chinese thing so going old skool with the hid/hps got a 250 watt coming Monday. And gonna be starting a new grow with them. I hope it works out this time.

Barney. I kinda realised that when it was to late. I am quite a nieve person when things don't go my way and don't tend to listen. But this time I'm gonna do it all to the book and as I have seen it now the only way to progress is to learn from your own and others mistakes. When people tell you not to do something it kinda goes the other way.

So now I am gonna try it the easy way my soil has enough nutrient for 4-5 weeks so if I put it in the final pot to start I won't have to add nutrient till 2week into flower. And I am going to listen this time. Maybe it was because I read to much into it all and was just jumping all over the place.

In all reality you can go from seed to flower under 12/12, the plant will only flower when it is ready to flower. The only down side is you might not get a good haul from it because that 24/0 - 18/6 veg light cycle is important to build a good plant foundation. Also extended veg time (6+ weeks) gives you time to learn some really neat skills to increase yield: LST, Topping, FIM, and Super Cropping.

Excellent idea about switching lights, hoping over to a 250w hps/hm is a good move if your LED isn't working out. Trust me your plants will really love it. Just mind the heat and have a good vent system in place (your grow room should cycle all air every 5 mins).

user65379_pic216656_1258038545.jpg

Remember, to get good plants all you need is patience. As they say, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

Also if you don't mind me asking what is your current neut routine and what kinds you are using?

I wish you only the best of luck with your grow my man! :Namaste:

**Also when i posted a few pages back about neut pockets. Soil has some (sometimes enough) neuts to sustain the plant, but it can group up in pockets. When a root finds one of these pockets you can get seedling or transplant burns. It is normal and usually fixes itself over time as the plant gets bigger. A good flush can also fix the pocket problem.

It's great to see you learning. Eventually, getting it right will become second-nature. It definitely takes f*** ups to get there. I hate to advertise myself, but seeing as we use similar compost and seeing as your switching to HID, take a look at my journal. Everything I did is posted there. If its not written in there, I didn't do it. Best of luck for the future :peace:

gleipnir hey man how's things. I have seen them graphs when I was ordering my light think it was on 420. The only thing I don't understand is how mh/hps bulbs emit so much light? With the nutrient pockets I shouldn't have a problem as I vigorously mix the compost with perlite is it is all loose and mixed there are no clumps.

Cheers barney have had a little look but I have a very short attention span and its not easy reading all the time. But I am going to learn from other people but also I have to make the mistakes to learn. (But apt least I am only using bagseed.) so not really wasting much money.

My new lights are turning up today. Good to see you here kingjohnc. Will update in a few hours once set the light up.

Cheers ottothief I actually can't wait for the girls to grow. I am gonna be teeming some new seeds tonight they should be through in a couple of days. I have got one that I started out doors. As he is only a seedling she should be fine with the move.

Hey boblove good to see you here.

Well installed the noes light yesterday and it had been on for 6hrs and it was really hot in there 35.2 so I am looking into getting a carbon filter so I can extract some of that heat maybe it will bring it down to 28 which will be brilliant. I will have it on the timer the light is on so it will only come on when the heat starts to rise.

Also I am only using fresh water which has been left for a couple of day so the chlorine can evaporate.

I plan on only using nutrients 4 times on these girls on e on the 5 week of veg and 2 on the 5-6 week of flower.

Back
Top Bottom