First Ever Grow: 2 In Homemade Bubbleponics & 2 In Soil

Don't despair! Hydro almost always grows faster than soil. Of course, environmental conditions and genetics will play a part as well, but the ready availability of water, dissolved oxygen, and soluble nutrients means the plant can uptake more quickly than in soil. There are positives and negatives to both, though!

I tried soil my first 3 grows. On my second hydro grow right now. I feel it's a little more work keeping up on res changes, adding the right amount of nutes, and keeping the pH in an acceptable range but I like the control and the shorter grow times. I don't seem to have a knack for soil - yet. .

Whichever you go with, as long as you're enjoying yourself you can't go wrong. Or stick with both!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

thanks mate, all looking good this morning, I read in a forum last night to start at 18/6 and work down an hour a day to 12/12 to avoid stress for the plants...what are your thoughts on this?

Just a quick update with few pics- all seems to be going good, have started the flip, taking an hour off the timer every morning and night till i get to 12/12, no sign of roots from the clones yet, guessing it could take a white to see roots sticking out through root cubes?!

IMG_324312.JPG
IMG_324213.JPG
IMG_324113.JPG
IMG_323812.JPG
IMG_323912.JPG
IMG_324014.JPG
IMG_323714.JPG
IMG_323611.JPG

hey guys, just update with some pics, a clone has finally rootes (yay!!) it was the biggest of them all though, the only problem is that i dropped 4 of them and mixed them up so i no longer know who is who, the ladies in flower seem to be doing ok, domina stretching less than lsg, I trimmed out some of the small stuff underneath that was getting no light and she is looking better today. like an idiot today i was working in the house and switched all the electric off without a second thought, It was only off for 5 mins, hope this wont give me any hermies......

Is it just me? Or why would you LST fan leaves? I don't lst fan leaves, just the stalks that contain possible colas.

Thank a veteran.

yes the pic at beggining was before i really did my research but any of the other photos its either main cola or new colas that have been trained, i stopped training the soil grow as they were growing so slow compared to hydro and I wanted them to gain a bit of height, but the 2 hydro plants which now are bushes. I have tried to keep around 6 main shoots but there are a few underneath aswell that are not getting lots of light so will prob come off at some point soon

thanks mate, i started taking an hour off a day then read on several different sites that theres no point and its a waste of time so i just flipped to 12/12 in the end, they are showing some nice pystyls now NL has got loads already and she was the runt of the litter, guess she was making roots, nice plant mate looks nice and bushy, what kind of light do you have her Under? my problem today is that in my homemade clone box i have not yet had time to sort out ventilation and they are showing signs of mould in soil

its totally up to you mate depending on you height restrictions etc, did you start from seed or clone? some people say its best to wait till the nodes are a-symetrical when the stems from your main stem come out slightly higher than the other, if you Google it you will find some images, or untill they become sexually mature (show their first signs of sex) but that could mean waiting untill she gets quite big but i wouldnt stress too much about it and just change when you get to the height you like bearing in mind that she could double or triple in height during the flowering stretch period. im also a noob so i could be wrong but have done a fair bit of research on this.

just read that she is an auto strain so i dont think it matters you can leave her constantly on 18/6 and she will still flower when shes ready. You might actually be better leaving light on long as it will let you get to harvest quicker, anyone else here got any input on this?

I'm on 22/2 right now and she seems to be like it. She is growing out not up, was thinking about raising the lights a little tonight when I get home from work. There is so much growth under neath the main stem around the bottom,. I heard that's a good thing from a guy at work, but everyone has their own opinion and there are so msmy different ways lol.
I gave her a feeding today as well, so next feeding will be bloom, or bud nutes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I have this problem atm, black domina is so bushy that im having to prune her every other day and each time theres as much as the first but if i just let her grow she gets so tights that no light can get through and the leaves twist around trying to get to the top for light. I give her a gently pruning/thinning out just untill i can just see the res down through the top, LSD next door to her is stretching like crazy now and is looking great, not too cramped and some real nice tops 6 or 7 of them and i havnt really had to touch her. The problem is that im having to move my light up and up beacause of LSD but domina is staying same height but i can not seperate them as they are in same reservoir, I guess i should have stuck to same strain in same res. Im also glad i did not grow any more than 4 in my 1.2x1.2 tent as they are starting to fill it up, looking a bit like a scrog setup without the netting.

got couple of update pics, flowers starting to look tasty, can see LSD is the sativa pheno, She has stretched to more than 3x now....

yes have ordered a microscope to keep a check on trichomes but still few weeks to go i rekon, not even any orange pistils yet cant wait though :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom