First Ever Grow: DWC With Remo Nutes & Ethos Seeds

I always left mine open for several
Hours before I close them back up.
You can secure your scrog with bungee cord, makes it adjustable and fast.

I like the negative pressure. With a couple fans inside. But I have to worry about the smells. If you don’t have to worry about that maybe u can keep it open with a couple fans.

I mean I don’t care if it smells I got nobody to hide from. Just wondering for the sake of extra air available inside.

Visual update

Super frosty and bulking up

I think I’m gonna do one big defol tomorrow then let it ride the rest of the way.

CB03FC07-3020-4568-98DB-BFF4E05D4CAB.jpeg
78BDA82C-9FD5-4C4E-A4A2-3EB63AB6D9BE.jpeg
AC7F7AF8-E135-4314-98ED-C3D49ED7D71F.jpeg
82EEA39A-5CD1-4590-9EB1-C6A124CF9FB0.jpeg

@Steve Jobs I am joining you a bit late but looks like you have a similar set up as mine. I did a top feed but now I am thinking is a bit too much for the seeds to germinate. I ended up truning mine off and once in a while I turn it on when I see the paid rooter starting to look dry.

Great work on the LST and topping! Plants look great!

@Steve Jobs I am joining you a bit late but looks like you have a similar set up as mine. I did a top feed but now I am thinking is a bit too much for the seeds to germinate. I ended up truning mine off and once in a while I turn it on when I see the paid rooter starting to look dry.

Great work on the LST and topping! Plants look great!

Thanks. I also had a top feed but it was too much as well. I just kept the water levels high enough for the bubble splash to keep things wet.

I needed to do more lst to keep things a little more even. I think I may scrog my next grow.

@Steve Jobs how are things going? I am not doing so well right now and potentially battling some root rot on my seedlings!

Dang that’s rough. Root rot already on seedlings? Feel free to post a pic.

I was just coming on to throw a few update pics up.

Aside from some burn, they’re doing well I’d wager. The last picture is the worst of the burn. I had my ppms up around 7-800 for 2 weeks probably and I think once my ph dropped to 5.5 they really started to burn. I removed some water and added just plain RO to balance it out and I’m at 430 now. I’m not entirely sure where the happy spot is but clearly 7-800 was too hot. I’m at 5.8 now.

I’m going to do a full res change tomorrow when I wake up cause I’ve had ph drops lately. I haven’t done a full change since Jan 1 when I flipped. When I res change I’m going to keep it up around 6.0 for a few days.

They don’t have a crazy smell in the air but if I get a bit of sticky fingers from moving them around it has a really big fruity smell.
Also I’ve been getting some purple edging on the leaves on the left plant.

C1E79DFE-7F8D-4ECA-A0E6-F779FD6B4409.jpeg
E9A1C34E-2510-40ED-973B-1A8A5EB5F0B6.jpeg
535291B2-6F4D-40D6-B8ED-ECE00465BC17.jpeg
BE62346E-9F85-420B-B6A7-CE10F2ADADD1.jpeg

Looking good Steve. You’ll be done soon. What are you going to pop next?

Thanks. Yeah I figure I’m still a month away at least. 4-6 weeks probably.

I have another ethos strain Zsweet Inzanity. I think I’ll pop 2 of them and mainline them. Then I’ll be ordering more.

I want to get bubble bomb from bomb seeds. Bubblegum has always been a want since I bought some way back when that absolutely reeked of double bubble. They have the best bubblegum looking plants.

Thanks. Yeah I figure I’m still a month away at least. 4-6 weeks probably.

I have another ethos strain Zsweet Inzanity. I think I’ll pop 2 of them and mainline them. Then I’ll be ordering more.

I want to get bubble bomb from bomb seeds. Bubblegum has always been a want since I bought some way back when that absolutely reeked of double bubble. They have the best bubblegum looking plants.

I’ll definitely be watching closely I think I’m going to buy the Zsweet Inzanity next. The pics I’ve seen look ridiculous.

I’ll definitely be watching closely I think I’m going to buy the Zsweet Inzanity next. The pics I’ve seen look ridiculous.

Honestly everything I’ve seen from ethos is frosty as hell and they’re apparently big big yielders. Their seeds are not cheap that’s forsure. Cost me $220 Canadian for 2 packs thru Seedsherenow.com. They have a massive selection of ethos. I wasted half my seeds from learning what not to do lol they all popped tho.

Next order I’m going thru seedsupreme from the uk. They have very good prices and a crazy selection of breeders.

Like I said I want to try the bubble bomb, bomb seeds look very good too. All the picks I’ve seen from bomb look exactly that, the bomb.

I also am going to order some Barney’s farm cause I know they’re super reputable genetics.

Alright so did a res change to 500ppm, but I feel like 1/3-1/2 of that is cal mag possibly. Ph it to 6.2 cause I’ve been closer to 5.5 lately so I figured I’ll run it a bit higher for different nutrient uptake values.

My res was a little slippery on the bottom and the stones were a bit brown but I feel like it may be just root and nutrient degradation. It’s certainly not harmful. My roots still look fine. They’re brownish but that’s just from the nutes. Been that way for a while now.

Thanks. I think they’re growing pretty well.

Oh yes alibaba is the cheapest source for diy cobs in my searches. Mouser was the best for the drivers. You could get drivers from alibaba but I figured they’d just up the shipping cost due to their weight.

I guess it depends entire on what prefab light and what you’re looking to get. This was my best option. I originally was just gonna order a cheap Chinese blurple. Did some research and settled on cobs.

I’ll help as much as I can.
What was the shipping cost?

Back
Top Bottom