First Ever Grow: DWC With Remo Nutes & Ethos Seeds

I’m running 3x 260w kits in my 4x4

Yeah that would do the trick for sure. Are you trying to make another tent or substitute boards for cobs? My tent is 3x3 and I’m only at 350 watts peak lol. But I couldn’t imagine needing to add more light. It’s crazy bright.

Eventually I’ll move to a bigger flower room. Just looking around to see if cobs will give me better coverage than the boards.

In theory they would. The spacing between cobs would provide less hot spotting and better spread. The boards would still have a hot spot being a square board.

My theory is the more small individual light sources the better spread you’re going to get.

Boards are great for smaller grows, but would cost a fortune to cover an entire bedroom.
Oh most definitely. There is lots of people using cobs to cover large areas. Could just run rows of cobs From the ceiling.

Great looking plants!

Also - I may need to hit you up for some COB advice in a few months. I have been doing some research, but the build seemed crazy expensive compared to a prefab light. I notice that you hit up Alibaba instead of Amazon which was probably a lot more cost effective.

Tag me in for this one.

Great looking plants!

Also - I may need to hit you up for some COB advice in a few months. I have been doing some research, but the build seemed crazy expensive compared to a prefab light. I notice that you hit up Alibaba instead of Amazon which was probably a lot more cost effective.

Tag me in for this one.
Thanks. I think they’re growing pretty well.

Oh yes alibaba is the cheapest source for diy cobs in my searches. Mouser was the best for the drivers. You could get drivers from alibaba but I figured they’d just up the shipping cost due to their weight.

I guess it depends entire on what prefab light and what you’re looking to get. This was my best option. I originally was just gonna order a cheap Chinese blurple. Did some research and settled on cobs.

I’ll help as much as I can.

I don’t know much about it yet, but I feel like these are gonna be frosty. A week into flower and I can see the trics forming

Attachments

• 1171A1F3-2D76-4094-88FF-83A7D6E02B9A.jpeg
    1171A1F3-2D76-4094-88FF-83A7D6E02B9A.jpeg
    650.1 KB · Views: 66
Looks like a good mix between not taking up a large foot print and circulation.

Read the reviews and if they’re positive I’d say go for it.
Yeah that’s what I was thinking about it. The size and shape is real nice for a tent I figure. Wouldn’t take up needed room and it doesn’t need anything to clip onto or a shelf of sorts to sit on.

I’ll probably pull the trigger on it and some yo-yos tomorrow. Still don’t have much for pistols on the tops yet. First day on 12/12 was the 1st. There is pistils on the nodes just none on the top yet.

Give her a few days she’ll take off

Yeah I know it will go. I haven’t seen much stretch. Only 14” tall. I’d love another 14” lol that’s not looking likely. I think I had my ph too high for a few days. Was at 6.2 and didn’t seem to want to go down. Every time I added ph down and went down later to check it was still the same lol. I got it under 6 now and it burnt the tips minimally. So I’m assuming it wasn’t eating what was needed. Hope it didn’t kill the stretch having ph too high.

It’s possible, PH out of range will freak them out
Yeah I didn’t think 6.2 was that badly out until I dropped it and seen burn the next day. Obv meant they weren’t using that nutrient before at 6.2 sucks but chalk it up to another learning curve. Still think I’ll get more stretch just not as much as I was hoping for.

I’m looking into a way to setup a Scrog for next grow. I have the fluid transfer pump. I still don’t mind the 2 plant tote. Hasn’t caused me any struggles really. It’s either keep the tote or go to 2 pails and attach the Scrog to the pails lid or the lid of the tote. I think the pails might be easier if I want to swap pails for nute changes. Plus the pail lids have more strength. 2 plants can clearly fill my 3x3 with a 6 week veg from seed. Maybe even 4-5 weeks. I need to spread them out a bit more than they currently are and that will help forsure. Just a logistics issue of changing the nutes. Nute levels will be tough to tell also.

I might just mainline my next grow instead tho. Veg recovery times are fast on dwc so I think it’ll be alright. Won’t veg too much longer than the 6 weeks this one did. It’s got a tree trunk mainlining is an easy way to keep it clean and spaced. Plus they grow some donkey dicks that way. Lol

Back
Top Bottom