First Ever Grow: DWC With Remo Nutes & Ethos Seeds

Yeah this grow is a learning experience for me all around. Being my first grow its to be expected I mess up somewhere along the lines. As long as I don’t kill the things they’ll produce. And I’ll be happy. Next grow I know what not to do. I just checked your grow out. Skipped some pages just to see progress but I intend on scrolling thru harder now. You had a lot of growth down below I can see why you wish you lollipopped.
Look how many grows I’ve had in five years , been here 3 mos. screwed up three times now in one grow !

Look how many grows I’ve had in five years , been here 3 mos. screwed up three times now in one grow !

I’ve made a few mistakes I’ll learn from so far. Did you do any lst or bending of branches? Your plants just grew outwards a lot more than mine. I’m worried I’ll be too close once they start flowering. Not sure how I’ll keep them spread out properly. Most branches are too tough to even bend now. I might have to use yo-yos to pull stuff colas apart.

This is what it looks like now. Post defol. I didn’t completely chop it up. I feel like I left enough to not effect it negatively
89A95A7E-2E58-49C0-ADC9-03685E0E72E8.jpeg

I’ve really hoping to get more stretch. It’s only been 6-7 days of 12-12. I’d love another foot. Would allow me some room to bend colas into better spots.
You’ll get that foot maybe plus . And yes lst

You’ll get that foot maybe plus .

I hope so lol. I know stretch is fairly strain dependant. Gotta put in my amazon order for yo-yos and plant ties. These cobs are doing a fine job so far. Drivers get pretty hot. Kind or wish I bought a sIze up so they didn’t get so hot. Wouldn’t strain them as hard.

This kind k5 750 raises the tent temp 7 degrees, heater set at 68 degrees lights on 75 degrees most the time . Looked at the cobs actually all the sponsors except perfect sun wouldn’t let me in !

This kind k5 750 raises the tent temp 7 degrees, heater set at 68 degrees lights on 75 degrees most the time . Looked at the cobs actually all the sponsors except perfect sun wouldn’t let me in !

I didn’t do much research for pre built cobs. I constructed mine with heatsinks, chips, holders and built a frame from aluminum angle. I’m in about $5-600 Canadian for the light and drivers. 350 actual watts. My tent is bright. I seen those kind lights. Couldn’t believe the prices lol

I didn’t do much research for pre built cobs. I constructed mine with heatsinks, chips, holders and built a frame from aluminum angle. I’m in about $5-600 Canadian for the light and drivers. 350 actual watts. My tent is bright. I seen those kind lights. Couldn’t believe the prices lol
I like that build your own , you could build your own foot print.

I’m sure your cob will do the job for you.

Yeah I’m more than happy with it so far. It’s best attribute is low heat. I can understand why the all in one lights raise the temps so much. My drivers are hot as hell, but I mounted them outside the tent. No heat concerns. I’m below 80 with heat in house set at 68-69. Summer will be much of the same with ac set lower yet. Lol

I like that build your own , you could build your own foot print.

Yeah that was a big thing for me. Helps with the foot print. There isn’t one big centre hot spot this way. Each light has its own centre and the overlap covers everything else. Tent is 39”x39”. I think my frame was 28” square.
F6B7C2A2-917E-46F7-A77D-D5DEED421A5D.jpeg

Plus in the early stages I was only running the middle 3 cause that’s how I had them wired. Middle 3 on one driver, outside 4 on the other.

Yeah I’m more than happy with it so far. It’s best attribute is low heat. I can understand why the all in one lights raise the temps so much. My drivers are hot as hell, but I mounted them outside the tent. No heat concerns. I’m below 80 with heat in house set at 68-69. Summer will be much of the same with ac set lower yet. Lol

Yeah that was a big thing for me. Helps with the foot print. There isn’t one big centre hot spot this way. Each light has its own centre and the overlap covers everything else. Tent is 39”x39”. I think my frame was 28” square.
F6B7C2A2-917E-46F7-A77D-D5DEED421A5D.jpeg

Plus in the early stages I was only running the middle 3 cause that’s how I had them wired. Middle 3 on one driver, outside 4 on the other.
Guys like you can and did some teaching !

Is that a Timber?

Negative. I couldn’t justify spending the money on pre built setups. I ordered the cobs, holders, heatsinks and reflectors (which I didn’t end up using) from Kingbrite on alibaba from China. For all the heatsinks and chips and everything it was $320ish Canadian shipped.
I bought the cheaper chips. Citizens are like $12 a piece compared to $30-40 for cree or veros. Figured they all do the same thing why pay 3x the price.

Then I ordered my drivers from Mouser. Free shipping to Canada was nice and saved me some money. Cost like $140. Had to order some potentiometers for the dimming lead.

Bought the aluminum locally for $20 cut to size then drilled the holes and mounted everything. Riveted the Frame together then took it back to the local shop and had them tig weld the corners for strength.

Nice build brother!

Thanks, I appreciate it. It Just took a lot of reading on the internet about drivers and wiring and what not. Once you learn it, you can’t unlearn it.

I do pride myself in that light setup. Everything else was kinda purchase and place, the light actually took effort.

The pre built are usually 4-6 cob lights and the footprints of the frames weren’t to my liking. Neither were the $400usd price tags for a 4x vero29 build. I probably came in under that price for 7x Citizen Clu048 1212.

I need a good cob to cover a 4 x 4

Well if you’ve got the money and want to build I’d suggest sourcing things the same way I did. The prebuilt are simple tho. Just buy and assemble. This way envolves work but is more gratifying.

The setup I have would be fine in a 4x4. You could even add 2 more and just make the layout 3x3x3 rows instead of 2 on the ends like I did.

The wattage kinda depends on the drivers. I’m running mine at 1400mA which was roughly 50w in these cobs. Veros are 52v and not 36v like these citizens so they are stronger. I’m pretty sure their best efficiency was around 100w each.

If you do decide to make the jump let me know I can help. I’ve ran into some good info on different forums for cobs. Different chips can handle different power. Lots of people run more cobs but run them softer than I am. More cobs= more money tho. Lol

I’m running HLG Quantum’s now I built from kit. Cobs should be fairly simple.

Oh nice. Quantum boards are solid too. They were just coming to be when I ordered my cobs. Are you running 4 in a 4x4?

Would be much of the same quality of light.

And they are very similar in the building and wiring aspect I do believe.

Back
Top Bottom