First Ever Grow: DWC With Remo Nutes & Ethos Seeds

While I’m bored I figure I’ll do as much of a synopsis as I can about my grow setup.

Tent was a mars hydro 39”x39”x6ft.

I ordered my Citizen Clu048 1212 90cri cobs from Kingbrite on Alibaba. I think the cobs, holders and heatsinks cost me 300-350$ Canadian.

I ordered my drivers from mouser. I think they cost me $100-150ish. Got the hlg 240 c1400 and a hlg 185 c1400.

Built the cob frame myself (sort of). Paid $20 for the aluminum from a local metal shop. Drilled and riveted the pieces together and took back to get tig welded corners for strength.

Vivosun 4” in-line fan, 4”phresh carbon filter.

Got a few fans for air circulation.

Built a 2 plant dwc tote. 15lpm air pump with 4x4” air stones. 2 discs, 2 round stones.

Seeds are ethos genetics purchased from seedsherenow.

Using the full Remo nutrient lineup. Added hydroguard and flying skull Z9. Using RO water jugs.

Anything I missed feel free to ask.

There’s a brown spot on my second, younger plant. Not sure what it could be..? Calcium? I thought calcium was usually spotting tho.
E89AADF9-3282-4452-8BE7-CCFF0295892A.jpeg

Also at what point should I remove the huge fan leaves? They’re blocking the lower nodes from the light?
3AD351C4-9F04-4089-96FE-016FFF6F3C39.jpeg
The one I read yesterday they stuffed the leaves out the way and the brown spot maybe left from the little root problem and that’s all it did to the plant !?

I’ll ask the question here again in hopes someone more experienced than me can tell me my best option.

The two fan leaves on left and right are from my highest node that I topped at. The 2 shoots are going at a decent pace but the underneath growth that’s trying to come through is getting blocked and interfered with by these 2 fan leaves and stems.

My question is should I snip these fan leaves back to the new growth shoots so it focuses more on them and not the fan leaves and stems coming off them. It’s getting pretty congested
ACF665BD-7DF1-448A-B3F0-6E10C90EAE8A.jpeg

I'm not sure which ones your talking about snipping, but I can tell
I’ll ask the question here again in hopes someone more experienced than me can tell me my best option.

The two fan leaves on left and right are from my highest node that I topped at. The 2 shoots are going at a decent pace but the underneath growth that’s trying to come through is getting blocked and interfered with by these 2 fan leaves and stems.

My question is should I snip these fan leaves back to the new growth shoots so it focuses more on them and not the fan leaves and stems coming off them. It’s getting pretty congested
ACF665BD-7DF1-448A-B3F0-6E10C90EAE8A.jpeg
I'm not sure which ones you're talking about snipping, but I can tell you this. The ones lying on the black part of the your lid are your power house source for your plant. Do. Not. Snip. Them. In fact if you can let them suppose themselves a bit more and not be so much lying on the lid. If not, do not stress... Those are your important leaves to remain when defoilating... :goodjob:

If you get into these journals you’ll see some of them scalp the plant . You have enough leaves you could take what you like . I see this a lot there not reading like journals to see what’s up!
“Patients “

Maybe let it drift up to 6.2-6.5 make sure there's plenty of calmag.

Ok. I did the res change and bumped it up to 550ppm this go round. Was at like 330 I think last time.

I’ll check ppm in an hour once everything settles. It might be around 6.2 as is so I’ll leave it there for a bit.

If my plants are getting kinda bushy and crowded should I try spreading them out a bit with tie downs? And how would I tie them down to a tote? Lol. Not much to grip on to.

Both my plants responded very well to being topped also. They are turning into quite the shrubs.
If you’re getting the magnesium spots like that try calibrating your ph pen. I just did mine for the first time in 6 months and it was out 1.2 lol. I’m lucky I’ve grown anything with it off like that. 5.85 is my go to typically so I’ve been actually running around 4.5-4.7.

Derp maybe I should read before I ask stupid questions lol, I run Scrog so I just we’ve in the netting. A trick I used when I grew in totes last year was to use plant ties ran across the top of the tote hooked onto the life and tied down to those. If I find I need to tie down before the net gets in I’ve turned to using plant yo-yos attached to the shelves my system sits on and then have the yo-yo pull downwards instead of lifting from above.

If you’re getting the magnesium spots like that try calibrating your ph pen. I just did mine for the first time in 6 months and it was out 1.2 lol. I’m lucky I’ve grown anything with it off like that. 5.85 is my go to typically so I’ve been actually running around 4.5-4.7.

Ya I will check my pen with the calibration solution to see if it comes back at the right ph. If it doesn’t then I’ll set it. I think it’s accurate tho. My other plant looks good it’s just that one that has the deficiency. Maybe it’s cause my bigger plant used it all lol.

I just took these pictures.
45D84A79-5256-4411-8CED-1940EC558470.jpeg
3A1A52B9-94F9-41AC-BC13-09A23A629BFE.jpeg

They’re looking good. I’m happy with the growth rate. I’m really not sure when to flip them. I know they’ll blow up in flower. I kind of want to spread them out a little so when they do stretch thwy won’t be jammed up.

Back
Top Bottom