First Ever Indoor Grow: Moved Pots From Outdoors To In

Don't forget the Chinese safety boots
420-magazine-mobile919497041.jpg

I took some clones 11 days ago now, I removed them from the humidity some 2 days ago and it's looking like I've got 3 maybe 4 out six that has survived. So now they are for 24 hrs without foliage feeding and I can see new leave growth so I can assume they have rooted? What's the process now if I want too put them into soil? Should I trim the old foliage off and bury the stem as far as I can??? Shall I just put the whole cube into soil or attempt to remove it from the Rockpool?
420-magazine-mobile2137112513.jpg

Just wait. Wait until you see roots out the bottom. It's not necessary to foliar feed clone cuttings, or to feed them at all IMO, and is actually counterproductive to rooting. If some died it's probably from rot caused by overwatering. RW should be light, not wet. Roots form when relatively dry. When it's wet they rot

Thanks Weasel, I made this mini dwc to experiment lol and I have popped two of my clones in there, is it a bad idea to have Rockwool as a medium, I've put in some sphagnum peatmoss in aswell to fill the container.
Made it all with things I had laying around the place from my aquarium setups.
420-magazine-mobile677482525.jpg
420-magazine-mobile54167724.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1693149134.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1906297990.jpg

They are only 2L containers but they need to be low because in the veg room there is not much headroom for the plants.

Sorry for the bombardment of question but you have been really helpful Weaselcracker, I've also spotted some small white ant type things on the soil in with my main two girls, there are not many I think I've only seen 2-3 at any one time crawling around the top of the pot. They do look kind of like spider mites but there isn't any sign of activity on the plant or leaves itself.
I've purchased some of this stuff
420-magazine-mobile1507872162.jpg

Think it will be safe on the plant and should I put it through soil when I water her next?

That doesn't sound like mites. Maybe thrips? Google thrips and see if those look the same - I haven't had those myself.
I didn't have any luck with pyrethrum vs the mites (which I did have). Not sure how well it works on thrips. I think there are other/better ways than pyrethrum- and thrips are easier to solve than mites. But confirm what you have first.

That doesn't sound like mites. Maybe thrips? Google thrips and see if those look the same - I haven't had those myself.
I didn't have any luck with pyrethrum vs the mites (which I did have). Not sure how well it works on thrips. I think there are other/better ways than pyrethrum- and thrips are easier to solve than mites. But confirm what you have first.

Yep I'm pretty much 100% convinced they are thrips now, I've seen one flying around in the room and squished it thought it was just a sand fly which are common here

I may be mixing this up with whiteflies- but if I remember right- it's possible the cure is to break their life cycle by covering the surface of the soil with sand or diatomaceous earth. But best to google it.
They sound reasonably easy to deal with. Unlike spider mites.

I sprayed the entire room with the stuff and also gave the top layer of soil a really good spray, then after about 4 hours I felt bad about all potential poison all over my buds lol, ended up giving the foliage a good spray with water to wash it off!! this morning the plants still look healthy and I couldn't find any of the little critters.

Moving on with the journal my clones still aren't poking out roots and I accidently let the Rockwool dry out too much so only have two clones left that look like they might make it. I've read through your journals also Weasel and I'm going to do it your way give the cubes a soak then shake excess water out and let them sit on a bed of perlite.

Question about good bacteria.

That might work. You may be better to make up a tray of wet perlite a few inches deep (but with drainage so its not a tub of water) and put the RW cubes down in it flush with the surface. You may still need to dribble a few drops of water in the cubes but it's should stop them from getting 100% dry.

I sprayed the entire room with the stuff and also gave the top layer of soil a really good spray, then after about 4 hours I felt bad about all potential poison all over my buds lol, ended up giving the foliage a good spray with water to wash it off!! this morning the plants still look healthy and I couldn't find any of the little critters.

Moving on with the journal my clones still aren't poking out roots and I accidently let the Rockwool dry out too much so only have two clones left that look like they might make it. I've read through your journals also Weasel and I'm going to do it your way give the cubes a soak then shake excess water out and let them sit on a bed of perlite.

When I needed to save a broken clone, I basically had to redo the cloning process. The guy at the hydro shop told me to put it in sealed environment after recutting and using root hormone with a root cube. It worked! Let me know if you need more info on what I did.

IMG_75328.JPG

When I needed to save a broken clone, I basically had to redo the cloning process. The guy at the hydro shop told me to put it in sealed environment after recutting and using root hormone with a root cube. It worked! Let me know if you need more info on what I did.

IMG_75328.JPG

Thanks Agemon, I've taken an extra 15 clones so I have 17 total lol, I'm planning on choosing the four best performers of them. Have the rockwool sitting in a bed of perlite/peatmoss in a fully sealed environment.

Been away for a few day and came back and the flower room is stinking!! Although I have noticed a lot of leaf burn. I have been feeding 1/8 diluted N compared too what I was feeding in veg. Ph is 6.5-7.
Could it possibly be a side affect of the bug spray?

420-magazine-mobile1272008970.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1643502483.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2111124318.jpg

I'm doing a bit of a high stress training experiment in this baby too because it seemed to be growing 10x faster then the rest of my baby's.
420-magazine-mobile1364862589.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1044253214.jpg

If you can zoom in on the flowering girl you can see even the stems of sugar leaves are turning a darkish color

The tip burn is from overfeeding. Sativas generally (not all) need about half as much feed as indicas, and especially don't like much N in flowering. Yours look like they've had a bit too much.

Thanks Weaselcracker I've been looking into it and it looks like a Nutrient burn for sure but I can't see any signs of nitrogen toxicity. Maybe it's from too much potash (K). I noticed a lot of the pistils are turning dark red also.
420-magazine-mobile554839727.jpg

I'm useing searles premium potting mix on these ones which has a slow release fertiliser, although they were potted September last year so the 8 month slow release would still be working plus I have been feeding Nutes too!!
Our Range | The Widest Range of Tools, Lighting & Gardening Products

Do you think I should just let them go or would it be worth repotting into my new blend I have made of soil/perlite/vermiculite/peatmoss?

Yeah I don't see any major N overdose at all. Just by the photos- the leaves look quite dark green. This isn't really normal for sativas- they're usually kind of a mid level green- unlike indicas which can be quite dark. Photos can be deceiving though.

Back
Top Bottom