First Grow - 2x250 Watt CFL With Supplementing LEDs

To me it looks like calcium deficiency but I'd wait for a pro to answer.

How's your ph been? Did you change anything recently? Just trying to think of things that would help the experienced guys help answer.

Ps not sure how that pic got in my last post it's not even mine lol that's a grow I've been following

Looks like calcium def. Your cfl should be good about 4" away but the led will probably need about 10" to mix the spectrum correctly. When running any LED you will want to use extra cal/mag/iron. I use MagiCal by technaflora but you can use anything with those 3 in it. Once you start supplementing the cal/mag, take off the old growth with the damage so you can watch the new growth and see if you corrected it. Your deficiency isn't much, but left untreated it could start to damage the plant. Also ph your water/nutes everytime you water or feed. I didn't believe in it till a few weeks back, but now I am a firm believer! Your temps will be fine up to about 90*. Remember these plants grow outside in really hot weather. 80-85 is about what most will recommend, with a 10* drop in night temps.

thank you guam, that is very helpful. if the cfl's are a little far, itll be fine i think with bulbs that big. as for the cal mag, yea ill definitely get her some ASAP. i do Ph (i usually dont have to because local water is slighty alkaline and the nutes compensate pretty well to between 6.0-6.5 anyway, and my outgoing water is always bang on 6.5. Temp is also good, i keep my apt pretty cool at night (northerner living in a southern state, God help me). Will hopefully fix the issue and get some pics in!

UPDATE: i did just get the genhydro 3-part flora, one of which is nitrogen and calcium. answer seems pretty obvious.

12 hours after giving her the new nutes, she seems to really have responded. still a little bit of curling in the tips, but the leaves are all much darker and healthier looking, and all the leaves are noticeable larger. It may be hard to see in the pictures. I also apologize for my camera, it has a good macro lens, but it has a very limited field of focus. so i can get nice closeups, or i can be standing like six feet away. thats the only way it will be clear >.<

DSCF00628.JPG

DSCF00619.JPG

DSCF006010.JPG

if anyone is interested, the two on the left are what i was using, the three in the middle are the new genhydro nutes. using as bottle directs. on the right is a juniper clipping i stole from my neighbor :) practicing cloning, and gonna grow a little bonsai out of it i think
DSCF00596.JPG

DAY 35

today i walked in to see that, in response to the switch in nutrients, she has grown almost a full inch in every direction! leaves are a much healthier shade of green than before, and with how bushy she was becoming i decided it was time for another round of LST. At this point, i have all 13 main colas growing horizontally outwards, just like i had hoped, and she is now becoming wider than the pot she is in

DSCF00795.JPG

DSCF00786.JPG

DSCF00828.JPG

DSCF00848.JPG

DSCF00854.JPG

DAY 37

Hey folks wanted to give another update on how she's doing. Havent changed much about her setup, but i did rearrange some foliage for these photos; to give a better view of how she is taking shape, rather than a clusterf*** of green. Still doing very well, still growing very quickly, leaves looking very healthy after the nute switch

DSCF00885.JPG

DSCF00907.JPG

DSCF00919.JPG

DSCF00926.JPG

it actually led me to a LST question, and may have to do with personal opinion, so please i would love to hear what people have to say.

for LST, is it better to arrange the leaves to make a nice canopy to absorb light, and encourage faster growth, or move fan leaves aside to open the possibility of more bud sites?

AND ON THE FORTIETH DAY....

did some more defoliating today; she is just so bushy its unreal. these are the AFTER pictures.
DSCF01137.JPG

DSCF01187.JPG

but the real big news today is that (about 6 weeks in, as expected) she has pre-flowers now! think i am going to let her recover a bit, let some of the lower nodes fill in and swap her to flower in the next week or so.
DSCF01165.JPG

DSCF01176.JPG

DAY 42

nothin major today, just wanted to show how she is really opening up into a single plant SOG like i wanted. many new growth tips!
DSCF01209.JPG

thinking another 1-2 weeks of veg, i looked it up and this is a short flowering plant. if anyone wants to know more about the strain, here is a link. they have the info, even if you can't get it. should be a good smoke.
Dr Seedsman Feminised Freebie - Cannabis & Marijuana Seeds :: Seedsman

Back
Top Bottom