First Grow - 2x250 Watt CFL With Supplementing LEDs

DAY 44

another round of lst; the center is really starting to fill in with new growth tips :D
DSCF01258.JPG

so can't wait to see how much i get off of this. its supposed to be a medium-height quick flowering plant, any guesses as to what the final yield might be?

from what i have read, .5-1g per watt, right? on paper i have 700 watts of lighting. from the wall im pulling about 500 watts (according to my wall meter). so call it 250 grams by that rule, about 9 oz. now granted im new at this, but that seems kinda of optimistic to me.....

Just a bit. From the one plant, with cfl and led strips, might be closer to 1-2 oz dried. The gram per watt is when you run high wattage in equivalent space and plants or veg forever. If you were to fill a 4x4 tent with buds and a 600 watt light (hps or led) you could potentially get 600 grams or more out of your grow. But that takes some real time and commitment because of the long veg times you would need to achieve that yield. When you figure in the time spent to veg a plant to yield over a pound, you've put 6 months in to it just growing and pruning and training. Or the SOG grower has tons of plants to take care of to reach the same goal. You will get your GPW eventually, but it probably won't happen with those large CFL bulbs. It wasn't my intention to insult your hopes, I just wanted to be honest. I truly hope you surpass my prediction by a huge ammount! Look forward to smoking what you grew and be proud of what you did, just don't judge the success of your grow by the yield.

haha not dashing my hopes by any means, ive been sitting here thinking to myself "there is no way....." thank you for the info! i would be more than happy with anything over 2 oz though since its all for personal use :volcano-smiley:

as for lights, i would love to go to MH/HPS, and i even have plenty of vertical space for it, but what screws me is the fact that the only ventilation i have to that room is a fan in the doorway. im concerned it would skyrocket temps in there if i tried :/

Temps would be high if you couldn't exhaust the heat efficiently. But you are running about 500 watts now and if you can keep your temps under control with that many watts, it might be worth looking into a 400 watt light with digital ballast. Might raise temps a bit, but adding a cool tube or air cooled hood and running the heat out a window or into the room would help maintain the right temps. Your room would be hot as hell, but if it gets cold in winter at least you wouldnt have to heat your room... :)Just a thought.

subbed, plant is looking great. Im running CFLs as well. I have a fan running directly on the bulbs 24/7. You would really be surprised how much you can lower temps by ventilating your light. I can keep my hand on the bulbs for as long as i want.

Thank you man :welcome:

i do have a fan on her; two honeywell power air circulators, one at the door which pulls in cool air, and one on the floor below the setup which both keeps the leaves rustling and vents cool air up to the bulbs, which keeps it right where i want it.

I think a hid set-up would push the temps a little to high for your current set up and you're doing great with cfl's. Just my 2 cents but I wouldn't change your lighting with out adding in ac or a nice ventilation setup. I have heard great things about the cool tube just don't have one so that could work for you but I'm not 100%.

You're doing great can't wait to see you flower them! You're much more patient than I am. I'm constantly fighting an internal battle to flip the switch. :cheer:

blazin, i started LST on day 17, and tied her down in between the 3rd and 4th set of leaves (the 5 finger and first set of 7 finger leaves)

Thanks, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom