First Grow - 2x250 Watt CFL With Supplementing LEDs

Thanks man! sorry i didnt have time for a real update earlier, been real busy with school starting this week >.<

a week into flowering, and she's starting to develop more preflowers all over, pistils sticking out all over the place, and as you can see, she has grown significantly in size :)

it appears i did get overzealous with the nutes, again. weirdly, i havent increased nutes, switched from 3/2/1 grow/micro/bloom ratio to 2/2/2 to transition her, and thats when the burn appeared. the other weird thing is that there is slight burning on about five of the middle-branch fan leaves (but the new growth still looks fine), so idk if its residual stuff showing from earlier on, or what, but it is def nute burn. ill get some pics up this afternoon.

i will say these 2700k bulbs produce significantly more heat than the 6400k. im actually having a small amount of trouble with heat; not that its getting too hot, but that it is impossible to put her on a 10 degree day/night temp difference. i have to keep the door closed at night and it just keeps all the heat in, so the room just constantly stays around 75 degrees. which i guess works, all around.

my s.a.g.e. seeds are on their way, my clones so far seem like they are all making it, though i havent seem roots yet, its been over a week ans they are all still alive, and my mother plant is just exploding, about to recieve her first topping, and hopefully making her first clone from that! will update that thread this afternoon. now i gotta go check up on everyone else's journals im behind in! haha

I don't have and 6500k bulbs to compare to, but my 2700k get pretty hot as well. Not real hot, but it brings up the closet temp a lot. Put a fan as close as possible to your bulbs, blowing directly on them. It will knock between 3-5 degrees off your room temp. I'm extremely sorry if ive already said this. (feel like I have) There are just so many grows I'm following.

i dont think you have , blazin. right now i have one fan in the doorway to draw in fresh air, and one a few feet away from the setup to keep a steady breeze across everything, but i can try a different setup that will keep most of the air on the bulbs, and see if that improves the temp. thanks for the recommendation
:thumb:

DAY 59/9 Flower

I told myself i was just gonna leave her be for the flowering stage, but i decided another round of LST would be appropriate, and im glad i did, because while tying her down yet again (giggity) i realized that those leaves that i thought were slightly nute burned, were actually leaves dying off from being choked out, and there were more than a few further in that were completely covered from light and dying off, so i decided that i would do one more round of defoliation. i think it was a good call; it wasnt very heavy pruning, but it was enough to open the plant up and now you can really see how many colas are developing
:lot-o-toke:
Here she is now
DSCF01565.JPG

DSCF01647.JPG

all the leaves i removed
DSCF01573.JPG

check out the wood i got
DSCF01657.JPG

and some nice flowers starting to develop on the mature branches
DSCF01584.JPG

DSCF01593.JPG

Keen observers may have noticed that a few of the colas against the back wall had been super cropped. since i was running low on the string i have been using to tie her down, and since this was always intended to be an experimental grow, i figured i would try some super cropping, so here are some close ups
DSCF01605.JPG

DSCF01636.JPG

DSCF01624.JPG

DSCF01616.JPG

all in all i think she is doing really well so far, and i so cant wait for harvest! she is growing so fast

No string, try twist ties. :)

She's looking nice. I just use a little HST to knock tops over too sometimes. The damage seems to make those tops grow bigger so why not eh.

:thumb:

L8r

that's a good idea, thanks OMU. but i also just found a full spool of 550 cord in my old stuff so im good :)
i had read that supercropping increases bud size, but idk i just never planned on doing it. it is useful for when you have a few colas stretching ahead like they think they are michael phelps or some shit hell nah bitch sit yo ass back down

so out of concern that nute burn was still involved, i decided to really flush her out. I put two full gallons of fresh pH'd water through the pot, then gave her a half gallon of light flowering stage nute water, this time also with a light dose of triacontinol (snow storm is the name brand), and im gonna keep a close eye on her for nute burn again, but she should be fine. i hope. i have no idea but im gonna hope pretending everything ok will make it so

Can I ask why you are growing your plant throw that thing..

you can and may. and i could justify it and say that the wire shelf is at a very convenient height, so i dont have to constantly bend over, it works well as an anchoring point for my LST, and keeps my whole setup off floor so there is more air circulation, but ultimately the truth is i was high af when i set it all up and i guess that looked like the best place for it :tokin:

Day 62/12 Flower

So i did it again... defoliated.... like i said i wasnt gonna do.... but i don't regret it, this thing is so overly dense, and all i did was open up all the buds to light... not like she is short on leaves!

here are some pics of after defoliation, and some closeups of some flowers. enjoy!

and PLEASE don't hesitate to stop on over at my other, perpetual DWC grow. would love some feedback on some clones i am stuggling with. cheers!

DSCF01757.JPG

DSCF01766.JPG

DSCF01776.JPG

DSCF01786.JPG

DSCF01795.JPG

DSCF01807.JPG

DSCF01827.JPG

gave her another dose of triacontanol today, with full flower nutes this time, and she is loving it. will post some more pics in a few days.

something i have been thinking about is the fact that i have absolutely no idea what is going on with the root system. the air pot means there arent any roots poking out anywhere, and theoretically stops them from circling, but i dont know for sure. i can't imagine how bad its gonna be when i take it out of its pot...

Back
Top Bottom