First Grow - 2x250 Watt CFL With Supplementing LEDs

DAY 47

For this last veg sprint, i have been really pushing her. i have not done any more defoliation, just constantly rearranging leaves so new growth is getting light, but i have been putting the lights down as a close as i dare from heat, and have been feeding her nutes with every watering for the last few weeks (i drain to waste a lot each time), and she has been taking it like a champ, really taking over the space. can't wait to see her flowering stretch. couple days to the switch!
DSCF01294.JPG

Hey frost nice to see a fellow Wow'er interested in the beauty and majesty of nature!
very nice LST setup you have going im going to be following you from here out as i currently have a couple seedlings im getting ready to either LST or SCROG, and knowledge is power!

geesh i wish i could get stalks like that on mine ! that is massive !

cannot wait to see what it looks like during flower !
cheers man and best of luck for the rest of your journey !
:lot-o-toke::peace::party::ganjamon:

So no pics of this setup today, but i swapped out the bulbs to the 2700k's, so i could set up my seedlings in a separate area under one of the 6400k's, which i will post later on under that grow. still waiting a few days to swap the schedule

In addition to swapping the bulbs, i have started to change the temperature schedule to 70-75 during the day and 60-65 at night for flowering stage, and last but not least i put a dehumidifier in the grow space, which i have heard from numerous sources is one of the few real ways you can influence resin production- dropping the humidity in the flowering stage to 20-30%. here's hoping it lives up to the hype! :thumb:

DAY 50 (last day of veg!)

alright folks, been 50 days, got the 2700k bulbs in, switch the timer and tonight she will be going to bed on 12/12.

Now the real show starts! will continue training for the first week or two while she stretches and she should be ready for harvest in about 8 weeks! here is how she looks going into flower
DSCF01385.JPG

and a side view to compare her to her 3-gallon pot
DSCF01396.JPG

i also posted this on my perpetual journal, but i finally ordered some seeds for myself, and went with S.A.G.E., a long flowering but big-bud strain which is known for its unique sandalwood aroma. if anyone has grown it before i would love to hear any advice or comments about it!

keep coming back for more flowering goodness over the next few weeks!

High Frostbourne!

Read thru the whole journal and congrats on getting her to flowering stage in pretty good shape. If done in DWC would have filled more of that shelf but she isn't that much of a stretcher.

On the first page you had pics of her soaking wet then the next page some problems with what looked like the start of some fungal growth. I never spray plants other that cuttings or to battle bugs like I'm doing now with one free-range plant. Spraying also washes Ca out of the leaves. As Ca is an immobile nutrient it can't steal from nearby leaves and local Ca deficiencies can result prompting unwary growers to add lots more and then block P, Mg manganese and iron. Calcium is one of the most misdiagnosed things I see around here and other that the particular instance I just mentioned a real deficiency affects new growth first. Dark green new leaves that will discolour, then contort, shrivel and die. Buds will be very slow to develop if in flowering. Too much Ca early in life stunts growth. Most tap water has enough Ca and Mg that adding CalMag is redundant and can lead to toxicity.

That bud booster stuff has the ratios of P and K more suited to tomatoes than pot but then GH makes it's nutes for veggies and flowers, not for pot, so that's what they make. Now that they are owned by Miracle Grow it can only get better! :;):

Looking forward to seeing how she does in stage II and it looks like she should do pretty good but don't expect more than a couple oz. Should be pretty decent smoke and tide you over until your other grow starts producing a lot more each crop. :passitleft:

L8r

Back
Top Bottom