First Grow - 400W Mars II LED

thanks I wasn't sure but I thought that's what the standard was. thinking bout switching over to led

Anytime! I know I'm only a short time into my grow, but this LED looks to be on par with all the other great reviews I've read on 420. Keep your eyes peeled on this journal. It might be the tipping point on your decision. ;)

- Day 10 -

It was time to water yesterday so ph'd some water down to 6.5 during the night cycle. When I woke up this morning, I noticed very small yellowish spots on my biggest baby (currently on during day cycle since I run my light at night). Could this be due to my struggle with heat stress, beginnings of a ph issue, or light burn? Temps have been consistent around 84 w/ an uptick to 86 on occasion and my LED has been moved up. Just trying to catch it before it gets out of control.

image11855.jpg

image11853.jpg

- Day 13 -

To start day 13 (I run my lights at night), I decided to top my girls today since all were starting on their 4th or 5th node. I noticed a possible issue with one of my girls but it looks as though it's about the same. I tested the ph of the soil runoff which registered around 6.5 according to my ph test kit so I don't believe it's the start of any ph related issues. My guess is that it was some light burn from a previous watering where some got onto the leaves. The other 2 girls are looking great with no signs of any issues that I can tell. I'm planning on transplanting within the next few days after they recover from their topping. I'm having a blast with this! I wish I got into growing a lot sooner, but I guess being late to the party is never a bad thing. Hope you all had a great weekend!

image11890.jpg

Topped shot #1
image11892.jpg

Topped shot #2
image11891.jpg

- Day 18 -

Since my last entry, I've transplanted all 3 plants into 2.5 gal pots using FFOF since I noticed the leaves and branches were starting to get a little droopy. Other than that, everything else has been pretty uneventful. No issues of shock/stress from topping or transplant as far as I can tell. There still seems to be a slight curl on some of the leaves which is still probably dealing with some high temps, but nearly not as noticeable as before. Luckily, the heat wave has subsided for the most part so I'm able to keep my temps consistently between 81-82 w/ a little uptick to 84 with relatively the same humidity readings in the low to mid 40s with lights on and low to mid 50s with lights off. Soil runoff is around 6.5 on all 3. Here's a few shots of how they're looking with their new tops

image12018.jpg

image12017.jpg

image12016.jpg

Have a safe weekend everyone!

-Buck

- Day 22 -

Hey guys, hope those following are doing well. Just a quick update: plants have responded well to topping so I decided to start LSTing 2 of the girls. One won't get any LST since it's already bushy and short as hell so I fimmed that one as an experiment. We'll see what happens. Onto the gallery...

I apologize that I don't know which plant is which strain. If anyone wants to take a guess, the 3 are: Critical, NL x Big Bud and LSD. This one has been topped and started LSTing yesterday
image12121.jpg

This one is my tallest/fastest growing out of the three. This side branch shot out real long so hopefully some tops will fill that area in nicely:
image12122.jpg

Last but not least, here's the midget. Going strong with no issues other than being a dwarf. She will only be fimmed. Still deciding whether to fim again when she gets a bit bigger.
image12120.jpg

Thinking about letting these veg for another 2-3 weeks before I flip the switch. I've also been thinking about changing my flowering nutes to Iguana Juice Bloom instead of Fox Farms. Any suggestions?

- Day 27 -

Looks like the ladies are starting to suffer from some nute deficiencies. Some of the very small lower fan leaves are starting to get holes with some brown and yellowing as well:

image146.jpeg

imag2.jpeg

I have Earth Juice Grow, Bloom, and Catalyst along the way with some Cal-Mag as well. I decided to nix the idea of going all FF for my nute game simply because I want to go with keeping everything organic without having to stress too much about messing with pH. Plus, I was sold on ledtester's wickedly thorough and informative thread regarding different nutrients available to us. Also, according to topLED, they suggest using more Cal-Mag when using the Mars 2 so we'll see if that rectifies the issues. They're ready for a drink, but planning on holding off tomorrow when everything arrives.

- Day 32 -

I finally received my line of Earth Juice nutrients (Grow, Bloom and Catalyst) along with Botincare Cal Mag Plus. I'm definitely learning my lessons along the way with my first grow :thedoubletake:. Cal Mag Plus contains EDTA which basically kills any organic matter in your soil if you continue to use it. Pairing that with Earth Juice will simply negate the organic side of the nutrients (is there a face palm smiley here?) so I decided to grab Earth Juice's Cal n Mag since that is considered organic. Couple with the fact that Earth Juice needs a few steps to make it shine such as brewing as a nute tea so you don't shock the hell out of your plants by giving them a super acidic feed (again my bad for not checking pH!), I hopefully have fixed a few things so I can finally put down the gun and stop shooting myself in the god damn foot. Picked up an air pump, air stone, and a 3 gal bucket so I can brew my nute tea to, not only to add stability to pH, but also propagating good fungi and bacteria.

Here are the ladies right now. This one seems to be my best with barely any issues besides the beginning of maybe nute lockout with some burnt leaves:
image213.jpeg

image710.jpeg

This baby is showing the most signs of the pH issue. Some leaves have holes, but some are showing copperish/brown/yellowing spots:
image311.jpeg

image147.jpeg

image610.jpeg

The last one is right in the middle of dealing with some issues. Same symptoms as the one above, but less damaging:
image511.jpeg

image411.jpeg

I've read that with organics, you don't need to flush, but with the pH out of whack, should I go that route or wait to brew a nute tea and feed the girls at a stable pH? Just trying to get everything straightened out before I flip them over to flower. As always, thanks for checking in!

-Buck

- Day 37 -

Since the last entry, I picked up Earth Juice Cal-n-Mag and Natural Up. I didn't ph or brew my Earth Juice mix previously which definitely led to some issues as shown in my previous posts. I brewed my nute tea for 24 hours and then upped the ph to 6-6.5 using Natural Up. Plants seem to be responding well so hopefully my earlier pH issues will start getting under control. Otherwise, the new growth is looking good while adding a nice aroma to the tent.:kiss: My plan is to flip the switch when the next time the girls are ready for a drink.

Current temps: 81* Lights On / 77* Lights Off
Current humidity: 42-45% Lights On / 50-52% Lights Off

Stay tuned...

- Day 40 / Day 1 of Flowering -

I'm super stoked to be flipping the switch today to start budding! Just aerated a nice early flowering tea over the last 36 hours (courtesy of the 3 Little Birds' Earth Juice guide) to feed the girls in preparation. Here's a few updated shots of the plants on their day. They seem to be nice and bushy (topped twice with very limited amounts of LST) ranging roughly 12 inches tall at this point. Can't wait to post some bud pics!

image12752.jpg

image12751.jpg

image12750.jpg

- Day 45 / Day 5 of Flowering -

Just wanted to share some pics with you all on the progress of these little ladies. Since the switch to 12/12, these babies have really started to branch out and get super bushy. So far, all is going well from what I can tell. A big thanks to everyone who contributes on this board daily. If it wasn't for you guys taking time out of your day to help spread your knowledge, I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have today. Hope all is well with you guys!

Anyone want to take a stab at which strain is which since I foolishly forgot to label them? The options are Big Bud x NL, Critical, and LSD
image_11_5.jpeg

image_12_5.jpeg

image_10_7.jpeg

image_7_21.jpeg

image_6_20.jpeg

image_5_24.jpeg

image_8_18.jpeg

image_9_17.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom