First Grow - 400W Mars II LED

- Day 55 / Day 15 of Flowering -

Appreciate all the love over the last few days. Lots of new faces hopping aboard which is always great to see. Here's just a quick update: The girls are looking fantastic! No issues with deficiencies, growth, etc. I'm hoping the stretch period starts to die down since I may run the risk of running out of tent space. Anyway, here are some shots of how they currently sit:

image151.jpeg
image_6_22.jpeg
image_5_26.jpeg
image_4_30.jpeg

image_1_44.jpeg

Also decided to do some lolipopping to clear all the bud sites that aren't getting enough light. Hopefully this will pack on the weight for the colas up top:

image_3_34.jpeg
image_2_46.jpeg

Back into their home they go:

image_9_18.jpeg
image_8_19.jpeg
image_7_23.jpeg

Until next time fellow green thumbs...:bong:

-Buck

- Day 50 / Day 10 of Flowering -

HIGH y'all, been a minute since I posted some developments on the girls so I pulled them out of the tent and decided to set them up for a photo shoot. The weather in August out in So Cal has been treating my tent fairly well given the heat, since I've managed to keep my temps with 80-82* with the lights on while getting 75-77* with them off (running my lights at night). Humidity has been ranging around 48-55% so not planning on any forthcoming mold issues because I get great air circulation between my oscillating and inline fans. My watering schedule has been altered as well. Instead of going once every 6-7 days with nutes, I've decided to add a clean ph'd watering every 3-4 days as needed. Always checking soil moisture with your finger and weight of the pot has given me better instincts when it's time to water/feed.

Here's some updated pics of the 3 bad bitches:

Talk about STRETCHING!! All 3 have easily doubled in size since I flipped the switch over and are drinking water as fast as they're growing. I still have enough height in my tent, but I'm hoping these are heading towards the end of their stretch period.
image150.jpeg

The tallest one of the three. Looks like she's sporting some sativa characteristics? I'm going to throw out a guess that this one is BB x NL:
image_4_29.jpeg

Close up of the growth:
image_3_33.jpeg

This babe is definitely indica given it's stature and leaves. I'm going to throw this one out as Barney's LSD. No supporting evidence to back such a claim, but I'll roll the dice.
image_2_45.jpeg

Pretty little buds forming up nicely!
image_1_43.jpeg

Last but not least, lady #3 which singles her out to Royal Queen's Critical. No clue if I'm right.
image_6_21.jpeg

Showing off some of her pistils:
image_5_25.jpeg

Another top/bud site close up:
image_7_22.jpeg

Things seem to moving right along without any hiccups to report as of yet. I'll keep updated as much as I can while the girls continue to gorge themselves and pack on the weight. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks for stopping by as always!

Much love,

-Buck

Great shots and great grow! Subbed late I see - oh well got here for the grand finale! +reps man on these great grow shots

Thanks for the Video. Looks like maybe I need to up my temps. I have been keeping them around 75f.

I've been ranging around 77-86 between lights on and off over the whole course of my grow due to limited ventilation options growing in a walk in closet with a grow tent. I haven't noticed anything heat stress issues currently, but it was an issue when these ladies were seedlings. They seem to be enjoying those temps so far.

Good Morning BuckSwope,

Your girls are looking fine. A bit of a long stretch but hopefully that just means huge colas.

As for the extra Cal/Mag, how much are you using and when to apply. I just have not seen this issue with my Mars II 1200. Maybe it is just the soil I using that has a higher content of Cal/Mag.

I am along for the ride now so do good and avoid evil my cannabis brother.

Maui

Good Morning BuckSwope,

Your girls are looking fine. A bit of a long stretch but hopefully that just means huge colas.

As for the extra Cal/Mag, how much are you using and when to apply. I just have not seen this issue with my Mars II 1200. Maybe it is just the soil I using that has a higher content of Cal/Mag.

I am along for the ride now so do good and avoid evil my cannabis brother.

Maui

Morning Maui,

Thanks for stopping on by. Hope all is well with you man. I've been using Earth Juice's Cal-n-Mag following their guidelines on the bottle of 1.5 tsp per gal every watering, which is once every 6-7 days for me. I've been doing some reading on the strains I'm growing and apparently other growers were mentioning a big stretch period for Barney's LSD (my guess is the middle one in my pics above; I forgot to label which strain is which before germing). Do you think I'm adding too much Cal/Mag which might be aiding in such a stretch? Any advice you can give, I'm all ears

Beautiful grow man love your lights a couple buddies of mine are running 2lush LEDS they're pretty nice but I gotta get hps under my belt first cuz that stuff is pricey lol

Thanks man! Some of these LED companies out there charge a grip, but some of the sponsors here @ 420 have great LEDs that are durable and are much cheaper than what you're used to seeing (mine was $178 shipped thru eBay). If you decided you want to venture into LEDs, let me know and I'll help you pick one out for your grow room/budget.

Morning Maui,

Thanks for stopping on by. Hope all is well with you man. I've been using Earth Juice's Cal-n-Mag following their guidelines on the bottle of 1.5 tsp per gal every watering, which is once every 6-7 days for me. I've been doing some reading on the strains I'm growing and apparently other growers were mentioning a big stretch period for Barney's LSD (my guess is the middle one in my pics above; I forgot to label which strain is which before germing). Do you think I'm adding too much Cal/Mag which might be aiding in such a stretch? Any advice you can give, I'm all ears

It could just be the strain and I can't honestly answer as I have never used Cal/Mag. I went online and reread about my Mars II and there was not mention of using Cal/Mag but I do have the full spectrum light with IR and white so maybe that is why I haven't had an issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stretch, just hope them girls fill in brother.

You are doing great bro, keep it up.

Maui

Beautiful grow man love your lights a couple buddies of mine are running 2lush LEDS they're pretty nice but I gotta get hps under my belt first cuz that stuff is pricey lol

Believe it or not they are not that much more than a HID. Lets see, with my old 600 W and the fan to go with it I was right at 350 new. I bought the Mars II 1200 for 479 shipped. For me it was worth the extra cost as it will all work out in the end cost wise.

Just be careful to look at ALL the available LED's because there are some out there for 4 x that amount and quite frankly I doubt that they are any better.

Maui

Nice looking ladies.

I was about to go LED, but for a first time an underpowered LED for your tent size might be discouraging. I was about to get the 900w TOPLED for a 4x4 space (not enough power for decent flowering phase - but that was my budget limit), and still, I would need to get some CFL's sorted for vegging (to avoiding stretching towards LED).
Pros would be temperature wise (wouldn't need much more fan's or a bigger exhaustion fan) and reducing electrical bill (not by much)
Cons would be price. and TOPLED has increased their shipping rates to Europe (like + 80 dollars) which made me back-out.

The solution for me comes as a MH/HPS 600w system for my 1st and 2nd grow, gathering some $$$ to invest in some quality spectrum LED that can fulfill my needs.

It could just be the strain and I can't honestly answer as I have never used Cal/Mag. I went online and reread about my Mars II and there was not mention of using Cal/Mag but I do have the full spectrum light with IR and white so maybe that is why I haven't had an issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about the stretch, just hope them girls fill in brother.

You are doing great bro, keep it up.

Maui

Appreciate the kind words man. I'm hoping they produce some wicked colas. I've been reading about reducing the flowering light cycle as the days go on to help mimic Mother Nature. There's a lot of debating on whether it actually makes any improvements on bud quality, but I figure I might experiment a little after the stretch to see what buds are produced.

Nice looking ladies.

I was about to go LED, but for a first time an underpowered LED for your tent size might be discouraging. I was about to get the 900w TOPLED for a 4x4 space (not enough power for decent flowering phase - but that was my budget limit), and still, I would need to get some CFL's sorted for vegging (to avoiding stretching towards LED).
Pros would be temperature wise (wouldn't need much more fan's or a bigger exhaustion fan) and reducing electrical bill (not by much)
Cons would be price. and TOPLED has increased their shipping rates to Europe (like + 80 dollars) which made me back-out.

The solution for me comes as a MH/HPS 600w system for my 1st and 2nd grow, gathering some $$$ to invest in some quality spectrum LED that can fulfill my needs.

Understandable, especially with the extra shipping fee. Gotta be able to go with what you can afford and I'm sure your current system is able to pump out some stellar bud. My main factors for deciding to go LED were mainly for stealth/heat issues and electricity savings in the long run since I know my monthly bill would be much more if I was running a HPS system. Hopefully you'll be able to grab that LED sooner rather than later. My manufacturer claims that the best results they received for bud quality/yield are to mix HPS with LED. Wish I had the funds and space to experiment.

Back
Top Bottom