First Grow - Advice Welcome

Cali024

What's up 420MAG!

Super excited about my first official grow and even more excited to share it with everyone and hope that it brings as much information and answers as possible.

I just put 12 girls (clones) under the light yesterday and things are going so so. I'm going to share with you my set up and what my strategy is, all help is very much appreciated.

Materials:

-SunHut 4 x 8 tent
-Ushio 600 watt full spectrum mh conversion bulb
-Digilume 600 watt dimmable ballast
-Sunlight Supply Low Ryder 6" Hood
-Active Air 6" in-inline fan
-insulated ducting
-oscillating fan

Clones:

(4) Blueberry OG
(4) Blue Cheese
(4) Pineapple Express

They have been under the light a total of 20 hours so far. having a little trouble keeping the tent below 80 so i shut it off for the last 4 hours of its cycle in hopes to cool things down a bit. There is 1 Blueberry OG that looks super healthy and is sprouting new healthy leaves. The rest are iffy and im not sure how long they will last. The clone guy had them in RW cubes but put each cube in a solo cup of soil for me.

I chose Vermisoil to veg. I've almost changed my mind into going 60% coco 40% perlite and buying a cookie cutter nutrient package. Would that be better then trusting vermisoil? I have a couple pics if anyone is interested. These pics could use a lot of criticism. Thanks again everyone!

What's up 420MAG!

Super excited about my first official grow and even more excited to share it with everyone and hope that it brings as much information and answers as possible.

I just put 12 girls (clones) under the light yesterday and things are going so so. I'm going to share with you my set up and what my strategy is, all help is very much appreciated.

Materials:

-SunHut 4 x 8 tent
-Ushio 600 watt full spectrum mh conversion bulb
-Digilume 600 watt dimmable ballast
-Sunlight Supply Low Ryder 6" Hood
-Active Air 6" in-inline fan
-insulated ducting
-oscillating fan

Clones:

(4) Blueberry OG
(4) Blue Cheese
(4) Pineapple Express

They have been under the light a total of 20 hours so far. having a little trouble keeping the tent below 80 so i shut it off for the last 4 hours of its cycle in hopes to cool things down a bit. There is 1 Blueberry OG that looks super healthy and is sprouting new healthy leaves. The rest are iffy and im not sure how long they will last. The clone guy had them in RW cubes but put each cube in a solo cup of soil for me.

I chose Vermisoil to veg. I've almost changed my mind into going 60% coco 40% perlite and buying a cookie cutter nutrient package. Would that be better then trusting vermisoil? I have a couple pics if anyone is interested. These pics could use a lot of criticism. Thanks again everyone!

Hey Cali024!

Very nice explanation of your setup and I would "highly" lol suggest starting a grow journal. Sounds like you have a really nice setup for your first grow and if you get a journal going, you can have people follow along and help along the way, plus you will meet some great members :)

Here is the links you need for that...
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Now to help with your temperature issue. How do you have your ventilation hooked up? can you take any photos and upload them? Where does the hot exhaust air exit to? What is the room temperature that the tent is in? vs the temp inside the tent?

For clone stages, since you have a dimmable ballast, you don't need to run the light at a full 600w either. You can dim it down to about half that and your plants will do just fine. As they get larger you can start bumping the wattage up and this will help you for the time being keeping it cool. Also for veg all you need to run is 18/6 schedule. Its not really necessary to run more than that, some may argue that point, but this will also keep your temps down slightly. If you can run your daylight time during the evening through night and morning it may help to keep your tent cool as well by having their dark period during mid day when its the hottest part of the day.

80F is not too bad, mid 70s is optimal according to most places I've read, but my tents run about 81F with no issues at all.

Give the clones some time to spread their roots, usually when I transplant clones it takes almost a week to 2 weeks to really see any significant growth, and then all of a sudden they seem to explode with growth around week 3. I can't really comment on the vermisoil or coco mixtures because I haven't used either and I do my soil slightly different than most. But I am sure some others will chime in as well :)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom