First Grow - CFL - Bag Seed - Hempy Coco

Well I had a brain fart, I got so happy to find the 5'X5' tent did not pay attention to the fact they went from 60" high in the 4'X4' ones i saw to 78" on the 5 foot. I have a 75" clearance to the joists and water lines down to 73" where I wish to put it. Break out the tools time to do what I did best in my career IMPROVISE and make it work. Hey if it don't fit force it, if it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Broke out the hacksaw and chopped 5.75 off the height. Now my tent will have baggy drawers but it will fit. Now I had a blast cutting a old reflector from a 4" floro in half with the hacksaw but damned if I can find my jigsaw blades. Add some old hardware and the light kit from a ceiling fan found in the trash and presto changeo a new light for the tent. Remember boys and girls Sparky says "never forget to ground the reflector" just to be safe. I put the three 150W Equiv 2700K's in it and will go get hardware to hang it today.
First the tent, I was super impressed with the quality of material;
006679.JPG

003891.JPG

And my Frankenstein Light
005786.JPG

:peacetwo:

I will add a couple work light clip-ons to the sides to add more light asap.

The move is done. It is beginning to look like a real grow I'm so happy with the progress. I put everyone in the tent, yes all of them I am going to keep the light cycle for a week or so more while I mickey mouse some sort of cabinet for veg on top of a workbench I have so I don't have to bend to tend them. All though if everything goes well growing my own meds could allow me some slight bending. I'll just have to suck it up when I have to work in the tent. Here they are in their new home;
DSCF5406.JPG

DSCF54081.JPG

I am going to need more light, time to save the pennies and go HPS. Got to look in to what is recommended for 5X5, maybe 1000W with 50%,75% and 100% settings.
Beth has a lot more room to breathe. I'm keeping the light a little higher than before to get her to reach some.
DSCF5407.JPG

The last 6 standing crew
DSCF5409.JPG

and two @ almost 3 weeks and one @ one week
DSCF5410.JPG

they all have more room, heck I'm only using 1/4 of the tent for them. The lights are now: three 150W 2700K CFLs, two 100W 2700K CFLs and four 100W 6500K CFLs for a total of 950W way to low for flower never mind when I take some away for the veg cab. All Watts are incandescent equivalents unfortunately. and the fan is back on timer with the lights. Took it out cause closet was too small.

Most of the crew and the two 3 week olds are looking a little droopy at the larger leaf tips, some just barely. Beth has no signs of it. I am thinking it is due to going a little to dry before watering. I didn't water yesterday morning but waited until after the move in the late afternoon. I have been skipping a day in between watering and the cups maybe to small to skip now with 3.5" to 5" plants sucking it up. They will get water just after lights on from now on until they go to 2 liter or 2.5 gal buckets later this week. I have plenty of room for the larger buckets now But am waiting on some store racks for 2 liter bottles which would be nice to hold them while they're smaller plants. I will be installing the 6" fan to exhaust the tent today. The RH in the tent was up to 80% but it dropped into the mid 60's with door open for one minute so air exchange should get that with in reasonable levels. I expected a RH issue due to it being in a field stone foundation basement 160ish years old. Temp was 68 deg over night and 74 after lights were on for 2 hours, it is lower than the closet was but good for future cooling when I go to HID lighting. I'll wait to see what temps do today with a full day of lights burning and will see if I need to add a heat source with the ventilation running. :peace:

Wow, you're moving right along...congrats. In my experience, "drooping" is more likely over watering. A wilting, dry kinda thing is more like under watering. If the humidity's that high, I'd be careful watering. Go with what's been working. Also, leave the door open; don't get pre-occupied with trying to "max out" a new toy. The tent can't be anything but an improvement even losing light on one outa six sides, lol. Open the door some, put the fan at a distance & you'll still be oodles better than you were without jeopardizing your plants' happiness.

Just my two cents worth no more than a penny...if that, lmfao!

Cheers,
John

Well with the exhaust fan running it stayed at 70 deg and RH dropped to 50%. A bit cool but warm weather isn't here just yet but the basement stays cooler so temps should be good for the warmer weather and will worry about heat next winter if I haven't switched to HID by then. The droop must be the water + RH cause they were dry but not too long I think. It was very minor just getting sensitive to any changes that appear. will tuck them in before lights out and see if it improved some. They were a bit better by 2pm this afternoon than this morning when I noticed it. :peace:

P.S. I just checked in on them and very little droop left. The Hempys drainage must have kept them for too much damage. I put a branch into a coco starter puck 2 days ago when I found it hanging off Beth don't know how I broke it. Still looks perky so far and may have grown a tiny bit. I haven't gotten any clone stuff yet so just some drain off water from the bucket and cover in prop tray. If it makes it and main plant is female cool if not oh well both cost me nothing and taught me lots. I may switch to 12/12 since the younger will veg until mature and see how it goes and start some bought quality strain seeds flavors yet to be determined but leaning toward two of these strains Nirvana Bubblelicious(possibly an auto), Black Jack, Medusa or White Widow.

Moved the six to 2 liter Bottles today. They were getting root bound in those cups. I had a brain fart and forgot to transfer the numbers to the bottles so everyone is nameless as of now. Will try to sort it out by height tomorrow. Still waiting on father in law to get me racks to hold up the bottles.
IMAG02388.jpg

Beth is thick and green and is taking up triple the water of two weeks a go when moved to bucket.
IMAG024314.jpg

IMAG02419.jpg

:peace:

Well I finally got off my butt and took my daughters old changing table and built a temp veg box, it aint great but it will due so I can go 12/12 light cycle in the tent.
IMAG025412.jpg

That took 2 lights away from the monster contraption leaving 2 100W 6500K, 3 100W 2700K and 3 150W 2700K.
IMAG024410.jpg

I wanted to take clones, add light,...but no more funds available for now so gotta go with what I got. lights in the tent will go off at 8PM tonight starting the first 12 hr dark cycle. Count down to gender ID. Beth is filling out nicely and needed an other trim yesterday.
IMAG024517.jpg

:peace:

Added two 125W CFLs, and a 4" circulation fan($6 bucks at wally world) to tent, also got a 16 spot self watering seed tray and a new timer for the veg box. The timer I have been using was from my dad, I remember using it 40 yrs ago when we went on vacations so I was shocked it worked at all, it was time to update to a newer one.
I was worried the 6 in the tent were kind of "limp" and tired looking the past couple days and was hopping it was the shock of moving to 2 Liter bottles on the 15th. Today the 18th everyone looks perky and awake. Beth never showed shock from moving so I was not sure what to expect. first night of 12/12 and the temp got a bit lower than the past (61 deg) and my RH is still high (60 to 71%). Warm weather is coming to N.E. soon and I will be venting the basement with exhaust and fresh air intake and hope those will bring my numbers into line. :peace:

Quick update. We're in a holding pattern, Growth but no signs of gender in the tent yet, 15 seeds are still sleeping, the 1 seedling is not growing and looks like it has a Iron def according to the picture chart (turned yellow from center of leaf outwards), and the 2 young ones in veg are looking happy now with 3 lights instead of two. Everyone got a drink today, just over a gallon over all 1/4 tsp SuperThrive and PH'd at 5.8 :peace:

Nice, keep your eyes out for pistils or a stick and balls. Also you are going to want to start saving for more light if you haven't already, you need at least 100 actual watts, not equivalent, for each plant if you want fully dense nugs

Just came from a friends hydro shop and they got a bunch of used 400W lights from $60 up. Looks like a hole lot of people upgraded to 600W, LOL. That with the lights I have now (256W) would just make it. thinking I need to shop a 1000W since I plan to flower 6 a month minimum meaning 12 in the tent at a time. Maybe 2 of those 400W HPS and some hanging CFL's for side fill in between Plants. Good thing is it is 10 feet to the panel so electric is easy.

Had to lose some leaves on Beth, she was so thick leaves that got wet weren't drying and it was super shaded. But I took as few as I think i needed to. Got clone compound and hope to pull a few clones off tomorrow or Thursday if I can get a domed tray. It's just a wing and a prayer with Beth but I will get some light into the lower plant with this trim combined with clipping clones soon. No sign of sex yet but cloning will be my next new thing to practice and learn. I also trimmed three of the six two liter ones at different levels one more than the next and so on. This way I can judge how best to trim or not for use on future plants. I am out to learn what will work best for me to get the best results for the work. :peace:

Beth seems to like the hair cut and bushed right back out.
IMAG027213.jpg

IMAG027110.jpg

Seems no matter what I do to her she keeps on truckin' on. getting dense up close
IMAG027415.jpg

Seeds are popping, two little ones hanging out chillin' and the sick one is coming back around with no effort on my part.
IMAG026611.jpg

Trying to figure out how to get an HPS set up and get something worth growing both cost money that is hard to find right now. :peace:

Got Clone gel, dome, tray and rock wool cubes so cut 5 clones off Beth.
IMAG027513.jpg

She is not showing sex yet but I need to get cloning added to my list of achievements. I think one possibly two of the younger 2 liter crew are showing their sex and it aint good. Correct me if I am wrong but I don't like what I think I see on the next to the tallest plant 10+" tall. Here is what I believe to be my first bouncing baby boy:thedoubletake:
IMAG027713.jpg

The second possible boy is smaller (8+") and so are the nads so I couldn't get a good picture but I am impressed with the pics from my cell phone, it takes 3D too. The plants look wild in 3D on it. Hope to find better news tomorrow with the 5 still standing. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom