First Grow - CFL - Bag Seed - Hempy Coco

Right on Thawk, today I didn't even need magnification to see them, so I chopped him this morning. I couldn't see for sure on the 2nd one so we'll see what tonight brings. he was the first to show and like you told me it showed as soon as the branches were staggered. the others are still even branching and no signs yet. the clones look a little sad, we'll see how they play out. it was just a test to get hands on experience with cloning and they may still be boys so I'm not to concerned one way or the other

I thought I was seeing the same thing on the second 2 ltr one and one on Beth too so I dug deeper into it and I may have jumpped the gun killing the one today. I could not see the calyx on the examples of sex I found to use. What I saw on them may be just the calyx before it sprouts the cross hair. Can you say dumb a%#. I think I am going to wait a few more days before doing anything else stupid.
:peace:

Thanks Thawk, and yes I have had them in flower for 7+ days. I just jumped the gun a little I think, but they fit under the light better now there is only 6 total. I think I may go with the 2.5 gal buckets from now on once I have an adequate lighting footprint for the 25 sq ft. tent. If I put them tight together they will still have individual elbow room where as the 2 ltr stack closer. To far apart and they are outside of lighting footprint and I worry they may tip over. Saw a PVC pipe rig that holds 2 ltr bottles upside down in Dadums "6 Pack 2L Hybrid Hempy Rack Unknown Strain" journal. The piping can be used to space them out while it connects them together and drains out one outlet keeping a Hempy res level equal across the bottles and cleaning up run off to a minimum. If I run six to harvest at a time 2 rigs of 6 will work to keep the tent in perpetual grow harvesting 6 every 4-5 weeks giving me 8-10 weeks of flower per group. I think that will work if I stick to Indica dominant plants. I am allowed 12 mature "Having buds or flowers" under state law so that will keep me legal.

I think I am seeing white hairs or a hallucination due to lack of meds and wishful thinking.
IMAG029113.jpg
IMAG029311.jpg
IMAG029212.jpg

I know the pics are not great on cell phones but Can anyone tell yet if these are these female hairs? I read that males don't get any hairs so it would imply Beth is a girl. Please let me be right I can no longer afford to keep myself in meds from the street. The other one now known as #1 seems to have a hair or two so took a clone today just in case I am wrong on Beth and right on #1.:peace:
IMAG030011.jpg

Happy day here for Beth and #1 they both have pronounced white hairs. A few spots on Beth and only the top for #1 but they are visible. I got a mediocre shot of one but the phone wanted to take fuzzy pictures today.
IMAG0309_1.jpg

That's the best one I got and not the most developed spot but I am sure about these two but will keep an eye out for signs of hermi on them. The others are stretching but no signs yet, with males tendency to show first I have hope for them.
Beth has got 11 or so bud sites even with the two mains an inch and inch and a half higher. I have smoked for over 30 years and never saw the growth process before. I am amazed seeing the buds starting to form and the leaves around the bud sites are starting to get a frosty glisten to them.
:party:

P.S.
My wife now wants me to put this much effort into stuff around the house.:hmmmm: I may have just boned myself :peace:

Just ordered a 1000W HPS light kit. Got free shipping thru amazon but for $3.99 upgraded to one day air and it will get here Wed due to today's holiday. Time to build a larger veg area no that I can pull some fixtures from the tent. Finally got some almost seedless meds that give me such a boost w/pain relief that I cleaned the hole first floor of the house before Beth woke up.
Happy wife, happy life :thumb:

Hung the 100W HPS in the tent. Holy crap it's bright. In ten min temp shot up to 90 deg. Turned on the 4" fan and plugged in the 5 inch fan and poof lights out! Seems I found the tripping point of the breaker. I changed out the the old 15 amp breaker with a 20 amp one. It is safe due to the fact the I ran 12 gauge romex to feed the outlets but was to lazy to install the larger breaker and just used a spare one all ready in the panel. There was four incandescent bulbs on the circuit so I changed them with CFL's I pulled from the tent so that dropped 3A off the load. I also took the outage as a opportunity to switch the ballast to 75% to combat the heat along with the two small fans one blowing straight up to mix the air and one across the plants. Temps dropped to 82 (with door open) and humidity dropped from 84% to 56%. I have been having trouble with the humidity and will have to see what affect the light has on it. I heard it would rise due to evaporation increasing with the heat. I was given a dehumidifier yesterday that isn't working but I will see what I can do to repair it. The compressor isn't kicking on but it may just be a control board I hope. two more are showing pods I should be able to tell their sex within a couple days. One may look male. :peace:

Oh yeah its hot. I used to change the 400W ones on the highways and even 400W is smoking hot, as in the box would turn black and char as I used it to unscrew the old lamps that were cycling. Well at 75 % it seems to be holding at 85 deg but I opened up the other two screened vents on the sides at wall bottom and the increased air flow should lower that some more. I am going to put another 6" exhaust fan in the second upper wall vent that should drop temps further. These will both go into two separate Ona bucket set ups, with the 6" ducts will go in thru the 5 gal bucket covers and out the sides, or two DIY carbon filters which ever I can swing first.

Quick update. I sat looking at temp gauge and had a brain storm. Move the Black cased thermometer out of direct light. Put it up higher in the tent than the hood and presto temp dropped to 78 RH went back up a bit to 60% from 51%. If this is the case I will try to jack the light back up to 100% seeing that there was only 2 degree difference after a hour running with door closed but not until I get another 6" inline fan.:peace:

Re: First grow, CFL/Bag seed, Hempy coco

Sorry for the last reply was getting used to the sites setup. Your plants look great nad it seems you have it all under control, fantastic job. :) I was also reading about the pods showing sex if I could get anyone to delve deeper into that subject and perhaps show some pics with the differances that would be awsome! Thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom