First Grow - CFL - Bag Seed - Hempy Coco

Looking good, the plants look better in those photos, I'd make sure you give me some water with some N. clones look ok but iBook over 200 clones using cups or a humidity dome, and I promise you will love yourself if you make yourself a cloner out of a 5 gal bucket and a fountain pump. They clones are ready in 10-14 days and the roots are always very nice and healthy, example...
27106.jpg

That one is at 14 days, roots were wayyyy too long haha.

Keep it green

Ran right out and bought Organicare brand Nitrex for the N deficiency and General Hydroponics Kool Bloom 2-45-28, Then I told the wife about it. Gave both to the girls when I got home to flush out this mornings water/feed and replace with the new additives in regular mix for watering. I am hoping this helps save what little green leaves are left and the KB help the buds grow out to their full potential. The M.G. shake and feed + worked wonders up until third week of flower just like Smokzalot's OC+ 2ltr hempy run, then deficiencies start to show up. I should have acted sooner but was distracted with school, a regular Eng course crammed into 4 weeks so did not think to act for 5 or 6 days after the first started to show. Though it was just that plant then the others on by one. Thanks :thanks: for the help once again Thawk. :peace:

Well its been a few days, A couple burnt from nutes while a couple didnt. The newest youngest one was 7" when I put her in and she is growing and has leaves 9" across, no burn. the yellowing I think has stopped not much left to turn. Beth is yellowing still and tallest only yellowed a tiny bit. I cut back on plant food and just using N and kool bloom for now. They are starting to look nice to me
IMAG04806.jpg

IMAG04776.jpg

IMAG04794.jpg

What is going on here? Clones beginning to look like a pepper plant. What did I do to cause this, anyone? On two of the last three clones I took.
IMAG04688.jpg
IMAG04697.jpg

:peace:

The big girls are looking very nice, kudos to you sir, but I see what you mean about the clones. That has happened to some of mine before and I believe it has to do with the temps and the nutes. I'll do a little looking up and see if I can find anything.

Thanks T, but that one is the best of the lot. Friday ends week 5 of flower and Beth is still losing leaf daily, so far mostly the larger fans as for the smaller leaf tight to the stems they are only slight yellowing and may have stopped I hope. She is lost enough leaf to get 700-1000 lumens at the soil level.
IMAG04894.jpg

IMAG04851.jpg

there is a brown spot on the tallest cola on Beth Could it be sun burn?
IMAG04884.jpg
IMAG04875.jpg

I am giving Beth and the newbie Ph'd water with superthrive (1/4 tsp), Organicare Nitrex (2 tsp) and Kool Bloom (1/4 tsp) per gallon. the crew get just SuperThrive and 1 tsp Nitrex. The 1st and 2nd best 2ltr crew got burnt from the stronger mix and the worst two don't have enough leaves to show burn on. I was too slow on the draw with the yellowing.# 0ne of the crew is looking good though. the yellowing was minor on her and was caught in time. her buds are double the size of Beth's. But Beth seems to be passing it in ripening, her hairs are turning reddish brown at a faster rate than the other. The newbie has jumped to 12" high with those super wide 9" leaves.
IMAG04904.jpg

Even the smaller good one of the 2ltr's buds are larger than Beths and she got taco leaf with nute burn:
IMAG04863.jpg

I will be trying to invest in quality clones and good hydro nutes hoping I can control it better and get some healthy plants next go. :peace:

I agree with that, good nutes and proper medium would alleviate a lot of your worries and make it quite a bit easier to control. But you seem like your doing pretty good. I am unsure about the brown spot. Likely a nutrient or ph imbalance

Well the brown spot increased and spread to two of the other tops so I chopped it out to try and stop it from spreading any further. I know that may hurt my yield but until I know what it is it has to go. It appears fast half way out in the middle of the leaf and when brown it is dry and crumbles. Now she is even across the top and perhaps lower buds will get a bit more robust. Hopefully that has stoped it on her and I'll have three little sample buds in a few days all be it a bit to early. :peace:

Beth is looking bad, going bald as it were. Is she gone and just drying in place? 95% of the hairs are red now. It looks like branches half trimmed after harvest. Question is, do I chop her now?
IMAG05196.jpg
IMAG05219.jpg
IMAG05271.jpg

I am leaning towards N dif on her and three others only one is coming back, then nute burn trying to fix the Nitrogen. The one on the right got the same everything but is going strong
IMAG05174.jpg
IMAG05186.jpg

It did show slight nute burn but recovered quickly.:peace:

Beth looks to be gone my friend, my diagnosis. Ph lockout due to type of soil... I have seen that same thing multiple times and it is always a ph lockout that's caused it. As far as the others I would try flushing the soil before giving any more nutes. It there are still slow release fers they could be killing you right now... Your one healthy girl looks great though... Good job

I chopped her today. What I found was the branch that broke was not as tight as I though and it was dead and dry inside. Some of the smaller branches were almost ready to snap like it was drying for 4 or 5 day already. She has not been taking up much water at all and that should have told me she was gone. I quick dried the tops I chopped the other day and they do the job or at least may take the edge off. I'm not totally sure if it was this or I was still crispy from earlier. She had airy light buds where as the 2 ltr one is rock hard buds with golf ball or larger diameter up top. all white hairs so far and not losing any more leaf or signs of burn dark rich green. I will easily get double the yield of Beth in a lot less buds, and that = less work trimming. The latest addition loves the tent and has jumped 8.5 inches in a week to 16" and is sprouting out white hairs. :peace:

Well not much changing in the last week but two days ago the newer girl that went from 7" to 24" in 16 days wilted like she was shot. She had shown some nute burn on the tips so I gave her a big dose of straight PH'd water the next day limp leaves. I do believe she kicked the bucket due to homicidal drowning. So sad. Took 4 clones from the next one that went in the tent and 4 days later they did not wilt or die on me, pretty happy with my second try and the parent plant looks to be showing as a girl (fingers crossed) which is good since I didn't wait to know sex before clipping. #1 2ltr crew is looking wonderful, two weeks max I hope. She's got super dense buds, and trics starting to get cloudy but not very "frosty" looking to the naked eye. Put the four clones that recovered first in the tent, leaves just coming back to normal but they love the stronger light and are taking off. The two Beth clones are starting to recover finally, they shriveled to nothing due to lack of humidity(not spraying enough) and were just sticks and a tiny little green spec where leaves should have been, they look like a re-veg old plant but happy now. And four new seedlings in veg to add to the family. Having great luck with girl/boy ratio lately hope it keeps up.:peace:

Hey, buddy, I got your message in my thread, and figured I'd come take a look over here.

Okay, I read a little on what's been going on. Nute burn, N def, Broken plant, others just wilting away. So bring me up to speed. as of right now, what are we doing to remedy this situation?

I know you're in Coco hempies. Are there also DWC hempies, or are they all regular?
I know you're using BPN nutes, I assume you are on Monster Bloom, but are there any tweaks still in effect to correct imbalances?
What is your pH right now?
How often are you watering?
Are you letting them dry at all between watering?
When was your last flush?
Are you seeing any green stuff in your coco?
Are you seeing any white stuff in your coco?
Is there any sort of slime or foul smell in your coco?
The plants that are dying, what strain are we working with, and can you post some current, white light hi res pics, please.
The ones that are green... are these a different strain?
Between the ones that are dying and the ones that are still green, are you doing anything different between the two?

I may think of more questions, but these will give me a good idea of your situation as it stands currently.

Thanks jandre2k3, I couldn't get the BPN and went with a time release (I know now B-A-D) following Smokzalot "2ltr hempy K.I.S.S. method". They are all hempy with straight coco. I have been watering when bottles were light and dry on top inch or two. As for the two trouble plants they took 2+ cups of water every day until three days ago. Water is Ph'd at 5.8 with 1/4 tsp SuperThrive. I added some nitrate and kool bloom to the water in the tent twice one week ago and twice two weeks ago. I flushed the wilted girl after showing burn after that and that is when she drooped over night. I imediately went back to straight water and ST. I am going to try to nurse the rest of them all ready in bottles with the Crap ferts through but My 85 yr old mom just surprised me with new coco and Gen Hydro floro series Gro, micro and bloom from a local store. What Saints moms are. So I will be going at the clones with better stuff and more control of their feeds when they go to veg. I gave the yellow girl a drink of 5.8 water and ST as usual but added 2 tsp of nitrate for a N boost. that one plant has gotten a touch of KoolBloom also a week ago. They all got some N today most are at week one or two, seeing that the N def shows week three I hope this will fix it for them before it hits the new girls. I did get a touch of green on top of the coco in veg but have not seen any in flower since I got the 1000W HPS for my new 5x5 tent. I didn't mean to clutter your journal with sorrows, my apologies, just venting I guess because I just saw the yellow and was like WTF, I'm killing another one? LOL. You have your self a fine day and thank you, Thom. :peace:

Okay, for Hydro, I have had some problems with pH using the GH flora series, but as you're not using a res and watering straight into the pots, so you might get good results with a more complete line and only mixing as you use it.

So in your current flowering plants, you're using Osmocote + or just Osmocote?

Is it the:

Osmocote® Plus Multi-Purpose Plant Food
Fertilizer Analysis
15-9-12 plus 9 other essential nutrients.

or the:
Osmocote® Flower & Vegetable Smart-Release® Plant Food
Fertilizer Analysis
14-14-14

It is actually MG shake and feed plus. Same ingredients and micro's as OC+ made by the same company in a different bottle. Did a comparison with Smokz before I bought it since I couldn't find the OC+ in my area. As soon as I get some money I am calling Cory for some BPN. But since I got these for free they will work for now with careful watching. I am out of school for the summer so I can concentrate on my plants more now. I'll be mixing about a gallon at a time, I don't mind mixing daily if need be. My State sets my "Mature" plant(having flowers or buds) limit at 12 plants but haven't gotten over 6 so far so I don't need a big res., and I'll make a weaker mix for the clone/seedling box. I will keep a eye on the Ph though thanks for the heads up.:peace:

For some reason it seems seedlings that have purple stems grow fast?? There must be a genetic code in these kind of seeds, as ive seen and had seeds that had more green stalks from seed, and they are slower but thicker in size. Maybe difference between indica/sativa percentage strain say 20% indica/80 sativa?? I may be wrong on the whole but just as a thought most my purp stalk plants are fast growers..

For some reason it seems seedlings that have purple stems grow fast?? There must be a genetic code in these kind of seeds, as ive seen and had seeds that had more green stalks from seed, and they are slower but thicker in size. Maybe difference between indica/sativa percentage strain say 20% indica/80 sativa?? I may be wrong on the whole but just as a thought most my purp stalk plants are fast growers..
I've had identical seeds from the same mother grow at different speeds. Red, purple, or green, stems seemed to make little difference.

I can tell you this.
1) Chlorophyll is the green that we see that makes plants green and this will cover up any other color that might be present in the plant.... When leaves, "Turn" it is the receding chlorophyll that allows us to see the other colors.
2) If a plant is not getting enough light it will stretch until it gets better light.

This in mind, I posit that the "purple stemmed" stalks could be showing less chlorophyll allowing us to see the other color underneath. For this reason the plant could be stretching to get better light, so it seems to be growing faster, when it actuality, it is just lengthening node distance to get better light for that particular plant.

This would also explain the shorter, denser growth from the green-stemmed seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom