First Grow Ever - Crop King Seeds Sour Jack Feminine

Week #8
She is recovering well and looking much better this week. You can see some of the damage from a couple of weeks back, but the new growth is healthy and she has gown another inch, but still only 7" tall. I am preparing to install a screen over her, thinking that I will place it about 2" over her current height so that I have room to prune under the screen, but I'm wondering how long it will take before she will reach the screen. At her current rate of growth, it may be two more weeks. Also, I am wondering what will happen when I switch the light cycle to 12/12, being a predominately sativa strain I expected her to be much taller already. I think she is short, due to the more than sufficient light that I am using, and suspect that she may not fill the screen until after I switch to a 12/12 light cycle. What should I expect when I switch to the 12/12 light cycle? How much will she stretch?
Day_54a1.JPG

Day_54b1.JPG

You can expect a healthy plant to come close to double or tripling in size depending on genetics, lights, nutes, and general plant healthiness. My girls grew about 8-10 inches in the first 2 weeks of flowering

I would also be careful with your topping and training..you don't wanna shock her too much and slow her down more than it seems she already may have been

so from what i have learned from other peoples journals was, depending on your veg time if you go with 24 hours on,, you will notice a bigger stretch than when u go from lets say, 18/6

GrnThmbs and Lemon Scent, Thanks for the information. I don't plan on much pruning and I am planning to go from 24 on, to 12/12, so it will be interesting to see what she does. Think that I will give her another 10 days, then make the switch. Sounds like this Sour Jack strain has an extremely long flowering time, so I don't want to wait too long before making the switch. Thanks again for the input!

Week #9
Hard to believe I almost killed her just two weeks ago. She has taken off and growing well again, now that I have my pH control under control. (See picture below.) Lots of new growth, she is starting to get taller and the grow room smells wonderful again! I have built my screen and one side of my plant is thin, due to the leaves that I trimmed after almost killing her, so I have started pulling her that way. My thought is that I will pull the main stem towards the thin side of the plant and allow the fuller side of the plant to thrive. Essentially using Low Stress Techniques (LST) with a Screen of Green (SCROG.)

While she is just now reaching the screen and it is still near empty, the temperatures outside are starting to drop and this is allowing for cooler temperatures in the grow room as well. While she is a Sativa dominant strain, right now she is short and becoming rather bushy. Being a sativa, I am concerned about her stretch when I change to flower mode, so my plan is to read up on changing to flower again, get my nutes in place and switch her to a 12/12 light cycle next week. If she stretches 2-3X her current height when I make the lighting switch, my small 1.5’ X 2’ screen should fill nicely.

Everyone here has been super helpful and I appreciate all the input! If there are other things that I should consider, as I make the switch to flower, please let me know!

Day_6110.JPG

Good Morning Spaceman,

She's looking good! Glad to see she's back up and apparently growing well.

In terms of changing your photo period; you've addressed the concerns most of us have at one point or another. Obviously you have a plan and barring any issues, I'm sure it's going to work out just fine for you. Keep up the good work; slow and steady wins the race.

Have a great weekend!

Week #1 Flower (Change to Flower)
Changed the light two days ago and waiting to see what happens. I have to travel for work for a few days and will not be able to watch or post these until I return, so I am a little anxious. There is a little yellowing of some tips and a couple of leaves. Next time, I will definitely be taking more time to choose a good soil. This unknown organic mixture is tough. Sometimes I think she is getting nutrient burn, even though I have not added any nutrients, then I worry about nutrient deficiencies, due to lockup, because the pH is so high and seems to climb as the organic matter decays. I have been adding vinegar to help lower the pH. Anyway, she may not be as healthy as some, but seems to be doing alright.

Here are two pictures, the first a close up and the second showing the entire set-up. I added a PVC watering system with holes drilled in the bottom, to make it easier to water all the way around the plant, even in these tight quarters.
Flower_Day_2a.JPG

Flower_Day_2d.JPG

Week #2 Flower
When I returned from my travels, she had grown a little and was showing some stress with yellowing and a few brown tips curling up. I added some new nutrients 1-4-1 and more vinegar. Here are the latest pictures, she is showing some signs of stress but looking better than when I returned and I will keep an eye on her and share again next week.
Flower_Day_11c.JPG

Flower_Day_11b1.jpg

Flower_Day_11a.JPG

Week #3 Flower
While she is still rather small, there is a lot of budding potential here.

Tonight I shortened the legs on the screen and adjusted the plant to get better light to the budding areas. I also lowered the light (300W LED) about 8" to ensure the intensity, because she has not filled the screen and there is no benefit to lighting the unoccupied corners. I have noticed new budding branches stretching out from under the main cola, which is the reason for the adjustments tonight.

From what I am reading, Sour Jack has a long flowering time. CKS states 9 weeks, but many of the logs and advice that I am hearing puts it at closer to 15+ weeks. On a positive note, this past weekend I took a few leaves that I trimmed off her and while not cured and very harsh, they provided a nice, uplifting, energetic and happy buzz. I can hardly wait to get some actual cured buds!

Here are the latest pictures. By the way, she looks a little twisted due to the adjustments that I just made tonight.
Flower_Day_17i.jpg

Flower_Day_17h.jpg

Flower_Day_17g.jpg

Flower_Day_17f.jpg

Flower_Day_17e.jpg

Flower_Day_17c.jpg

Flower_Day_17b.jpg

Flower_Day_17a.jpg

Week #4 Flower
Starting to add more nutrients and she is responding well. She may not be large, but I think she has about a dozen bud sites and I am looking forward to seeing them fatten up. I love the frosty look of some of these young flowers. Looks like she will be one big bud when she is done.
Flower_Day_28e.jpg
Flower_Day_28d.jpg
Flower_Day_28c.jpg
Flower_Day_28b.jpg
Flower_Day_28a.jpg

Starting Week #6 of Flowering
No pictures this week, but my single girl has 14 flowers that are developing well. Most are starting to fatten up nicely and while I read stories of Sour Jack flowering for 15 weeks, I doubt she will take 10. If she keeps developing at this rate, maybe only 9 weeks. I'm starting to read about drying and curing now.

Week #7 Flower
Just starting week #7 of flowering and her 14 flowers are looking nice! Crop King Seed is looking to be correct about the 9 week Flowering time. While the trichomes are still crystal clear, they are very abundant and the buds are forming nicely. I may wait to see some trichomes turning milky, but based on my experience with some of the leaves, I am not too concerned about the need to wait. Around week #8, I may pick one and test it out. I will let you know.

Found a single Lady Bug in my grow room today. That means good luck, right?:cheer:
Also found a couple smaller buds low down on my girl and I think these will make good test buds. The main cola and some of the others are starting to thicken up. Been giving a little extra nutes, because she seemed to be scavenging from the leaves, to supply her flowers. Think I have a little burn now, so flushed a little and will lay off the nutes for a while. Took some pictures today and will post them next week.

Week #9
Still looking really good. Removed the screen and the watering system, because I don't think they were really needed, she trained well and is really spread out now, with flowers everywhere. I would include a picture, but I let my son borrow the truck last night and when he took my keys, he also took the key to the grow room, so I couldn't get in to take a picture.

Week #10 of Flower
I turned my lights to 12/12 over 10 weeks ago. Now I have some beautiful buds and she is looking very nice. Unfortunately, my ventilation system isn't keeping up with her strong aroma. So a couple days ago, I started a final flush. Plan to harvest next week and start my drying and curing. Tried some leaves the other night, which were excellent. I pulled my first small bud and it is drying now, so I can sample it. Can't wait! Merry Christmas!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom