First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Just wanted to post a quick pic of all the plants my flowering area.

I just hung some mylar from the ceiling by folding and taping the ends and inserting a 5' PVC pipe, like a curtain rod through a curtain. It's basically 4 mylar curtains forming a box with dimensions of 5x5x8. It's open at the top & bottom to allow air circulation and you can see there's a HVAC duct at the very top to bring in air/cool/heat as needed. I have a 600w High Output Growbright HPS bulb in a fairly large open hood. I keep a 6" fan blowing under the light for better circulation and help with cooling.

This pic was taken through the translucent mylar...

flowerarea.jpg

There's 5 plants in there at the moment. The four I've posted pix of in this thread and a backup that I had. I decided to put her, Olive Oil (tall and skinny), in the middle. She's just finishing her stretch and I'm hoping she'll give me a few more nice bonus buds in this grow.

I also had to put 4 CFLs around the top of Miss Burley to give her some light to her main cola. I don't wanna raise my HID light any higher.

I got 'em packed in there high & tight, hoping for a good yield from a single 600w bulb. :smokin:

Harry

Holyshit Harry, you have a jungle on your hands.... Looking pretty damn sweet.... I can't wait to see what you get out of this... What a fine job you are doing there Mr. Harry.... Those suckers are just crazy big...:peace:

Thanks for props y'all and thx for fixing those thumbnails 420. I posted those before I realized I could just embed the full size images.

This is day 41 and I'm gonna hold out as long as I can but I'm nearly outta smoke and I may have to take one soon to get some meds. One looks to be fading fast anyway so sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. ;)

Harry

Yeah, it's worked out pretty good so far. I'm gonna try some vertical lighting in there at some point.

I snapped a couple of more pix of some maturing buds just before lights out tonight and I wanted to post them. They're starting to look pretty wicked.

wicked1.jpg

wicked2.jpg

wicked3.jpg

wicked4.jpg

They're staring to get real stanky too! :smokin: I remember the buds these seeds came from and they had just a touch of a skunky smell and flavor.

Kinda sweet & skunky, if you know what I mean. :smokin:

Harry

Well, I had to flush one of the 5 plants, Fast Betty. She was really starting to fade and the last emergency flush didn't help.

She showed a lot of potential until disaster stuck. :) I'll get something decent off her though and considering I have nothing, it will be welcomed. I figure I'll get a chance to wok on my harvesting and curing technique. lol

Oh yeah, and my smoking technique too! :smokin:

Here's some pix of the poor baby. Just a couple of more weeks and those buds would have tightened up. Dang!!

fastbetty1-day45.jpg

fastbetty2-day45.jpg

fastbetty3-day45.jpg

I flushed today and plan on chopping in 3 more days. What do y'all think?

The good news is that I still have four more in the flow area that're doing a lot better than Fast Betty. My favorite is Sheena of the Jungle. She is doing well and her buds are still swelling, getting very tight and frosty. She may be the best of this crop. She will be ready for harvest next and should be good to go in another 2 weeks (which will be 60 days flowering).

Plant 3 (Pokeymom) stopped growing for awhile but she is back to sucking up water and growing again. She looks good and will be ready around the same time as Sheena, but may end up with a little smaller buds.

Ms. Burley is mega-huge with a giant 2.5' main cola and insanely long and bud riddled secondary colas. The top tip is now between the floor joists and she's about 8.5' including the bucket. She is also extremely resilient, green and healthy from top to bottom and I expect her to produce massive quantities of buds. She's very slow, but she's methodical and I have no idea how long it might take her to mature. Hopefully, she's stopped growing vertically though.

Pix of her and the other plants soon :smokin:

Harry

Harry... beautiful looking plant, damn shame you may have to chop her early. Do ya think you can try like a 1/2 strength seaweed extract with the next watering and see if she perks up? She looks amazing now and it would be nice to see her finish if possible :) Can't wait to see the pictures of the other plants! Grate grow!
:peace: :ganjamon:

Yeah Be IRIE. I'm totally amazed that the one plant has grown from ~24" to 8'5" in 46 days. That is a quadruple stretch!! I have a mother plant that came from a 1st generation clone of Ms Burley. If she one comes in like I'm hoping for, maybe I'll do an entire grow with her clones. Lol. Growing four 8 footers might be fun. :smokin:

Then again, maybe not! ;)

Harry... beautiful looking plant, damn shame you may have to chop her early. Do ya think you can try like a 1/2 strength seaweed extract with the next watering and see if she perks up? She looks amazing now and it would be nice to see her finish if possible :) Can't wait to see the pictures of the other plants! Grate grow!

That is kinda what I was wondering and asking about. I guess I'm afraid that if I wait too long, she'll just go down hill and lose something. Looking at the pix, you can see that most of the fans are dead or dying. Does it look to y'all like it has any life left in it?

If y'all think it can go longer without damage, I'll let it go...

Thanks for the help!!

Harry

Update: Day 48 into flowering phase.

Fast Betty

I'm taking Fast Betty just before lights on tomorrow. She was stressed and everything I tired to do to alleviate the stress just made things worse. She was going downhill fast and I was left with no choice. She still looks very smokable, although the trichs were mostly cloudy with less than 5% amber and the buds were not at tight as they could have been if things had of gone more smoothly.

Here's some pixs..

The plant with an initial trim. You can see the dying leaves are right at the buds.

fbharv1.jpg

fbharv2.jpg

Some bud shots..

fbharv3.jpg

fbharv4.jpg

fbharv5.jpg

fbharv6.jpg

Sheena (of the jungle)

Sheena is doing much better than Fast Betty. Much fatter and chunkier buds with around 10% amber trichs. She looks like she will make it through 'til the end. I'm thinking she'll be ready around day 60.

Here's some pix of a few of her buds..

sheena1.jpg

sheena2.jpg

sheena3.jpg

sheena4.jpg

sheena5.jpg

sheena6.jpg

I think she's gonna be a real good one!!

Miss Burley

What can I say about her, except she's HUGE!! The cola is almost touching the insulation at a height of 8'5". There's really no telling when she'll be ready. She might take 90 days or longer. I have a feeling the yield from this Amazon Woman is gonna be incredible.

Here's a few pix from the top down..

msburleyp1.jpg

msburleyp2.jpg

msburleyp3.jpg

Her main cola..

msburleyp4.jpg

I really happy with the results so far, but I think I can do better. I'll post some pix of Roxanne she finishes up and will post some pix of the backup plant (Olive Oil) as she matures (2 weeks behind the rest).

Thanks to all the help you fine folks have given me!! :smokin:

Harry

Harry, your garden amazes me everytime I see it...Props to ya pal, You have done a good job dealing with those monsters,,, If I could I would rep you again.... I look forward to more monster grows of yours....You have some good times coming your way. You are going to have to have a trimming party, could'nt even imagine trimming all that.. It sure is good to imagine though...:peace:

HOLLY SHIT HARRY! Incredible! It is a shame about Fast Betty... but I'm sure she'll do you right with some amber in there. Almost looks like nute burn but could she be root-bound?

I can not believe the size of the buds on those girls. You must be treating them right man. Let me know if your hands get tired from trimming because I'll probably have about the same amount of trimming as you but it'll take about 3 of mine to your one :) And you are just using the 3 fox farm products right?

Harry, your garden amazes me everytime I see it...Props to ya pal, You have done a good job dealing with those monsters,,, If I could I would rep you again.... I look forward to more monster grows of yours....You have some good times coming your way. You are going to have to have a trimming party, could'nt even imagine trimming all that.. It sure is good to imagine though...:peace:
Thanks BE! I feel the same about your grow man. Your smart choice of strains and flawless execution on your current grow is what I hope to be able to do at some point.

HOLLY SHIT HARRY! Incredible! It is a shame about Fast Betty... but I'm sure she'll do you right with some amber in there. Almost looks like nute burn but could she be root-bound?
Well, I think it night be a little of both 4204all. I'm fairly certain my problems started due to over nuting them, and I think to a lesser extent, the pot sizes. Both are factors I need to contend with, and try to mitigate, on this next grow.

I can not believe the size of the buds on those girls. You must be treating them right man. Let me know if your hands get tired from trimming because I'll probably have about the same amount of trimming as you but it'll take about 3 of mine to your one :) And you are just using the 3 fox farm products right?
Yup, I'm just using the FF Nutes for soil 3 pack and FF ocean forest with 30% perlite and some additional potting soil added for bulk.

You're right. Miss Burley's buds are gonna be huge, I think. If she doesn't stop growing soon, I may have to cut a hole in the floor. I wonder how a glass dome with a giant cola growing inside would look in the middle of the den? :smokin:

:peace:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom