First grow have questions

Sundoggy777

420 Member
This will be my very first grow, and I don’t know how much light to put on auto grow seedlings that have not sprouted yet. They will be geminated. Can I raise my led really high and set to vegetative state ? It’s a 2x4x 80 inches high. My light is brand new still in box.

Welcome Sundoggy777 to 420 magazine. Try this for that question!

Nice. I have the kind xl750. I have four autos under it that are just pre harvest. Love it.

You should be fine with the light a bit up. 20 inches should be fine. If you can dim it I would maybe have it lower and with more blue and white spectrum than red. If you are really worried, put a CFL over them until they are rooted. Check my journal out I started 4 autos under my kind but used small led bulbs first.

By the time I started my pineapple Express, I just started it under the Kind with the rest

Nice. I have the kind xl750. I have four autos under it that are just pre harvest. Love it.

You should be fine with the light a bit up. 20 inches should be fine. If you can dim it I would maybe have it lower and with more blue and white spectrum than red. If you are really worried, put a CFL over them until they are rooted. Check my journal out I started 4 autos under my kind but used small led bulbs first.

By the time I started my pineapple Express, I just started it under the Kind with the rest

I will try with 20 inches up. I couldn’t really find anything online to help. Thank you!

Standard practice is 24" - 30" above for seedlings, 18" - 24" for Veg (when they are about 2 weeks old), & 12" - 18" for Flower. If you look up any of the lights on the Mars Hydro Lights that's the info they give. KIND are good lights. At one time I would have considered them the best but I think QB's have taken over. White light seems so much better & more natural so a lot of people seem to be switching over (myself included). I sold my 2 - Advanced Platinum P-900's that I paid $1050 each for & bought 2 - Mars Hydro lights TSW 2000's & I think they are doing a better job at 1/4th the price.

Standard practice is 24" - 30" above for seedlings, 18" - 24" for Veg (when they are about 2 weeks old), & 12" - 18" for Flower. If you look up any of the lights on the Mars Hydro Lights that's the info they give. KIND are good lights. At one time I would have considered them the best but I think QB's have taken over. White light seems so much better & more natural so a lot of people seem to be switching over (myself included). I sold my 2 - Advanced Platinum P-900's that I paid $1050 each for & bought 2 - Mars Hydro lights TSW 2000's & I think they are doing a better job at 1/4th the price.

I just wanted to thank you for the complete information!

Back
Top Bottom