First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

I have friends and relatives that do just that. pardon the reference, but they simply hang the buds In The Shed for a week and call it good.

The horror, the horror.....

LOL...ah youth! But of course, you basically do. Just not completely dry (depending on the ambient RH in your neighborhood) :). And then the ever-opaque burping!

I read that is the secret, get the RH to 62% in the jar and then burb daily for months.

Actually the burping cycle is supposed to be for about 4 weeks after dry. Then when the jar is @ 62% close and do not open until ready to consume. The burp will change the rH so when burp process is over leave it alone at 62%.

Actually the burping cycle is supposed to be for about 4 weeks after dry. Then when the jar is @ 62% close and do not open until ready to consume. The burp will change the rH so when burp process is over leave it alone at 62%.

Thanks for the info, Wally. Obviously, I need to do some re-reading before the big event arrives. :ciao:

Once it gets down to 62% I'm good with a week of burping personally. Four weeks would drive me nuts!

Maybe it is because of the learning curve being my first grow but I find it is quite a commitment of time and effort to grow so if I wasn't retired I think the whole thing would get to me but having the time I am really enjoying it.

The french ticklers work great for training as well Homer, aka pipe cleaners.

View media item 1644665
The soft rubber ones... Canadian Tire typically stocks them, so if you happen to pass by one in your neighborhood call ahead with the product code shown for availability.

View media item 1644666

The french ticklers work great for training as well Homer, aka pipe cleaners.

View media item 1644665
The soft rubber ones... Canadian Tire typically stocks them, so if you happen to pass by one in your neighborhood call ahead with the product code shown for availability.

View media item 1644666

I actually looked at those Soft Touch Twist Ties today at Canadian tire and it just didn’t seem like they were strong enough. It didn’t seem to me like I would even be able to push them into my soil. Have you used them?

When it comes to getting away from wire tie downs I’m starting to feel like Kramer in the episode where everyone wanted him to wear a yellow ribbon, LOL. Next time I am at the dollar store I will ask the girl to see her selection of French Ticklers!!! :ciao:

Hey, Asesino…. Glad you stopped by. Here is a pic of one of my quadlines; let me know your expert opinion. So far the method is working out pretty good but on my other plant I have had a few broken branches. D‘oh!!

!cid_62c2a909-6372-46c3-8dfd-c10966a3f038@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Yes, Shed has given me some great advice along with lots of other people which I am very grateful for so I really try not to be a contrarian but this insistence that I use a softer wire has me perplexed because everyone seems to agree but I don’t really see why. If I could just drive to a store I would get some and in fact today I was out and I went to two big-box hardware stores and there was nothing available in the horticulture departments.

The only thing they had was house wiring and that stuff is about a dollar a foot plus the insulation has to be stripped and the bare ground wire is useless. And as I said in a previous post I am monitoring my plants and the wire does not seem to be causing any damage besides people supercrop their branches by squeezing and bending the plants and that doesn’t seem to hurt them so why is wire seen as being so damaging. I’m not being difficult and if I could find some stuff locally I would buy it but I don’t see the point of going to the expense and trouble of getting house wiring to replace something that seems to be doing just fine. To me, it seems like the old wait an hour before you go swimming or you’ll get cramps kind of thinking but does anyone know anyone who got cramps from swimming after eating?? Can anybody show me a thread where somebody used bare wire and had catastrophic results? I’m really not being argumentative I just don’t understand why everyone is so adamant about this when it’s not hurting my plants so far. I have been trying to think of something I could put on the end of my bailing wire like maybe some duct tape to soften it.

And I have to give credit to @TriangleCheese because I tried his back building method by topping half my buds and it looks like it made a significant difference in bud size. These two pictures are on my two main top branches from my plant that I topped so theoretically they should be the same size but the bud that was topped definitely is significantly more full.

!cid_bf0ace08-bf78-4239-9c8c-105b4d0b2558@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
!cid_b6719bef-401a-4e19-8181-5b43233c0c76@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg
You could definitely just use a little duct tape around the bailing wire where it comes on contact with the plant. As the plant continues to grow, if the wire isn’t moved much, aka once the plant gets trained to the edge of the pot, it will begin to cut into the branch. It won’t break it but as the branches keep expanding the wire continually cuts the branch and it basically keeps an open wound going on which the plant will use energy to constantly try and repair. A little tiny bit of barrier between the wire and plant will cause that to not happen.

An example from a chefs point of view is cinnamon rolls. When you make home made ones, when you go to cut them from the large roll into the smaller buns you don’t want to use a knife because you smoosh them as you cut causing them to not be perfectly circular. The trick of the trade is to use floss to cut them instead. Small wires will cut into things. Bailing wire is pretty thick and smooth but eventually as the branch expands and the wire doesn’t give it will cause a wound. Duct tape is a great idea and should rectify that for cheap.

You could definitely just use a little duct tape around the bailing wire where it comes on contact with the plant. As the plant continues to grow, if the wire isn’t moved much, aka once the plant gets trained to the edge of the pot, it will begin to cut into the branch. It won’t break it but as the branches keep expanding the wire continually cuts the branch and it basically keeps an open wound going on which the plant will use energy to constantly try and repair. A little tiny bit of barrier between the wire and plant will cause that to not happen.

An example from a chefs point of view is cinnamon rolls. When you make home made ones, when you go to cut them from the large roll into the smaller buns you don’t want to use a knife because you smoosh them as you cut causing them to not be perfectly circular. The trick of the trade is to use floss to cut them instead. Small wires will cut into things. Bailing wire is pretty thick and smooth but eventually as the branch expands and the wire doesn’t give it will cause a wound. Duct tape is a great idea and should rectify that for cheap.

Thanks for the explanation Asesino. What you say does make sense. Till now everyone agreed I should not be using it but no one has really articulated why. I will give the tape method a try.

I'm pretty sure MrS will not take responsibility for any fallout from that interaction...

No, but I am sure he will take lots of enjoyment from it.... :laugh:

It takes a village. Or 1 Ase!

I think I was just called a child..... I resent that as I stand here stamping my feet and holding my breath!!! ;)

Yeah, it had me wonder... :laugh::rofl::nomo::rofl:

Here here.. Have a lollipop :)
:laugh::rofl:

For the last time I am not a child so no Birdie, I do not want a lollipop...... ummm.... what flavour it is???? :drool:

Back
Top Bottom