First Grow Journal - Crown Royal

I am in a tent and i was trying to lower the rh, you are saying raising it will kill them also? im currently around 50-55%rh and i had a low of 40 last week

Thanks so much for this journal! I'm about a month behind you with some of the same strains. Crown Royal, Ice Wreck, White Cookies, and Dark Angel. CR and IW maybe 3-4 weeks in. The other two just went into paper towels yesterday. I'm really liking the CR thus far. Yours are beautiful!

Thanks EG i really appreciate that if you have a journal going add it to your sig so people can follow it
here is my crown royal mother i am trying to snag clones from
mother-crown-royal.jpg

I am in a tent and i was trying to lower the rh, you are saying raising it will kill them also? im currently around 50-55%rh and i had a low of 40 last week

Yes, obviously as the buds really begin to fatten up you want low RH so things don't mold/mildew. Since she is taking damage right now I don't know what it would hurt to raise the RH for a day or 2. Mites cannot take high RH, they swell up and die. I would raise it really high for a day or 2. Those mites wont like that shit at all.

Matter of fact heres a post I just found where someone has done it.

"At lights off i reduced the exhaust time to 15min every 1.5hr. After 36hrs the humid setteled at 80-92%. All i did there was skip an on cycle. Lights continued back on/off for the next on cycle w/ outdoor temp 55-60 w/ grow tempts 85-90deg and 70-80% during on cycle. With the lights off the temp stayed 65-70 but the humid 80-90%. I did this for 36 more hrs for total of 3 days. I then ran the exhaust 24hrs for about 2 day with humid down to 40%. I figured anything that didn't drown from the excess moisture would come from the cracks to dry out. I don't know if the drying helped but for fear of mold i did it anyway. Then i hit those suckers again for two days, high temp/high humid. When i was done there were no signs. Either they died or left. It was like they were never there. Except for the spotted leaves there were no signs they had been there. The bud survived and finished bug free."

FL thanks alot man i really appreciate the help, i will raise the humidity in the tent for a few days and lower it and raise it off and on for the next few weeks, i will still spray just as a precaution, currently the tent looks fine i killed the one that had them and none others show anything.
I guess it is possible that the attack on this one plant happened early i saw her suffering but i attributed it to the light not bugs, but i had a period of humidity of 80-90 the freaking walls were wet, then i got it under control and now im around 50-55rh and i thought the plant looked like it was getting better but i panicked when i saw the web and just killed the bitch but i think the problem may have been resolved before i even noticed it, might be hopeful thinking

FL thanks alot man i really appreciate the help, i will raise the humidity in the tent for a few days and lower it and raise it off and on for the next few weeks, i will still spray just as a precaution, currently the tent looks fine i killed the one that had them and none others show anything.
I guess it is possible that the attack on this one plant happened early i saw her suffering but i attributed it to the light not bugs, but i had a period of humidity of 80-90 the freaking walls were wet, then i got it under control and now im around 50-55rh and i thought the plant looked like it was getting better but i panicked when i saw the web and just killed the bitch but i think the problem may have been resolved before i even noticed it, might be hopeful thinking

I have this image in my head (whatever you look like) a guy looking in his tent, sees webs, immediately grabs that plant and heads to the door screaming all in about 10 seconds.
:rofl:

That is not all that far off, at first i was like o its only in this one little spot, so i pulled her out to douche her with neem oil and after spraying her i saw all the webs all over her, and i was like mother f&ck*r and through her into the freezing cold, gonna take a look at the root ball maybe tonight

that tall one is the crown royal i fimmed she had quite a growth spurt as you can see, as did the one to her right but the others were/are under a shitty ballast, new one is on the way. I do not see any signs of spider mites or anything else they all look amazingly healthy

My girls had a pretty shitty morning, first they got a hot batch of nutes in the 1550 range, then something happened and each of my buckets flooded over and there was a couple gallons of water in the bottom of my tent. So i drained a bunch of nutes added some water dropped the ppm to 1150, and now i have to figure out why my buckets overfilled, this is the first time this has happened and the only thing that changed was the amount of water in the main rez, but the fill bucket is supposed to dictate the height of the water.
O well i will figure it out, hopefully the hot nutes wont bother them too much

Hope you figure it out and all goes well man. I'm a dirt farmer so I don't have much input in the hydro department.. but sending good vibes! Just remember, it makes us better at what we do lol. Been telling myself that for over 25 years. One would think I'd be pretty dang good by now.. heh. All I can say is I have really good moments and some really really bad.

well the good thing is with hydro things can change fast, but with soil there is a week lag to see results from what you just did, I have zero patience so i always fail with soil, i am currently succeeding with my first hydro (this journal). So its already much better. the fill cycle is about to happen so i am going to watch how much water is being filled and hopefully its all good and things continue well ;-)

I would do hydro again but for the last 15 or so years I haven't been able to be close enough to things due to a long commute. About 55 hours a week away from things.. and it's not my only thing growing lol. I usually am impatient during the first month of something new but otherwise slow is good for me. Usually by the last week I'm like "slow down damn it. Not ready yet." lol. Mycology has taught me well in regards to patience and quick reaction times so I guess the only thing holding me back is not being able to be right there every minute. Plus even my groove has a groove in it now. Hard to reprogram lol. Once the auto-flower conspiracy assimilates me the rest of the way I may try hydro again.

the brand is called exhale, not sure what the culture is but i do know they like it, whatever it gives off anyway i will be getting another to add in a couple weeks to strengthen it

the borg are back so i sprayed the plant liberally with sns 217, they have not affected the plants yet but im going to kill these mother fers they will rue the day they entered my tent and attacked my lil girlz

Back
Top Bottom