First grow need help

Izraphel420

Hey guys so this is my first grow and like most first grows I have little money so I'm using CFCs However I think I have a decent balance at least now anyway. So my first idea/build was horrible I didn't have correct airflow nor proper room or anything so it was basically a disaster. Btw this is a semi stealth grow I'm 18 and have my own place(been on my own since 16) and so I'm no to concerned about smell but I just don't want it to be BAD. Anyway this is my first build.
image9615.jpeg
it was pretty bad anyway I got sick of it fast and decided to try a mini fridge build because I had an extra here is my current build.

Lights: CFL (2) 42 watt (bright white) both putting out 2480 lumens a peice and (3) 23 watt CFL (daylight or cool light) putting out 1200 lumens a peice.

Does it have ventilation? Yes, I cut a 4 inch hole in the back and placed an inline fane inside to blow hot air out. And there are two passive Intake holes in the bottom about two inches wide a peice. I also have a small desk fan blowing on the bulbs to keep them from overheating as my other box was getting 105f.

Odor control? None I really need help on this I tried making a carbon filter myself but it didn't allow enough air to pas through it does anyone have any suggestions because I need a carbon filter because the smell will get bad and that can't happen remember it's only a 4 inch inline not a 6
Here are the pics of my current build.
image9616.jpeg

image9617.jpeg

image9618.jpeg

So I know CFL isn't the way to go but it the only light I can afford as of now. The plant I have now is about one week into veg but I just ordered 3 fem auto northern lights from herbies I heard they are a good seed bank so we'll see I'm not sure wether I'm going to finish this bag seed plant or not though might just go straight to the NL because I know what it will do. Anyway you guys this is my first grow so please help with advise and experience because this is something I wanted to do for a LONG Time. thanks guys! **sorry the pics are sideways I have no idea why.

Keep the bags seed going gain experience before wasting money.. Worst ways it goes bad, but I bet you learn! As your on a budget seems silly to waste what could become a healthy plant ... Definitely look into LST to keep her (prey it's a her) short. Cfl is probably the best way to go in such a small growing space anything more would cook you baby and cause serious temp issues in a confined space like yours ... The issue with the filter is space again unless your willing to instal outside the fridges confines really ? You could try one of the many available odour nutrolizing gels available pretty cheap from a hydro store or online ? Looks like your plants doing well so far ! It's germinated and growing !! That's a hurdle in itself
Maybe get your light closer to prevent stretch other then that good luck :thumb:

cd:peace:gg

Hi Izraphel420,

Welcome to the 420 Magazine community of members. :welcome:

I have to agree with pretty much everything Cdogg said. Growing out the bagseed will provide invaluable experience. I also agree that any odor from just one plant can be masked with virtually any simple gel or deodorizer type product. Most plants won't even develop a really noticeable smell until after 30 days or so. Moving the plants (or lights) so they are closer together will help keep the plant short and tight. With CFL's you should be get the plants within a couple inches of the lights without harm.

Be well and happy growing!

Keep the bags seed going gain experience before wasting money.. Worst ways it goes bad, but I bet you learn! As your on a budget seems silly to waste what could become a healthy plant ... Definitely look into LST to keep her (prey it's a her) short. Cfl is probably the best way to go in such a small growing space anything more would cook you baby and cause serious temp issues in a confined space like yours ... The issue with the filter is space again unless your willing to instal outside the fridges confines really ? You could try one of the many available odour nutrolizing gels available pretty cheap from a hydro store or online ? Looks like your plants doing well so far ! It's germinated and growing !! That's a hurdle in itself
Maybe get your light closer to prevent stretch other then that good luck :thumb:

cd:peace:gg

Thanks for the input Cdogg and TanR I appreciate it one thing I love about this site is everyone is friendly and helpful and this world needs more of that! Anyway I'm going to follow your lead and keep the bag seed it does seem like a waste to let her go if it's a male I'll drop him like scar did mufassa. Anyway what I plan on doing about the smell is to lead the intake fan and lead it outside through the wall and just send that odor right on out. How bad would the odor be outside do you think? I plan on growing like two or three plants at a time my plan is to put them in one big rectangular pot that would cover the whole bottom part (area where bagseed Betty is now) that way the plants have good room to stretch their roots and still have up to two feet or so to grow out of soil. I've seen good grows with multiple plants in simular pot sizes. I'm looking up LST now to see what it is.

The smell would be hardly noticeable for the first few weeks at all from that point a gel should help, flowering won't be so easy ... Be sure to duct away from passing foot traffic ! That bloody wind carries her smell well.
Lst is low stress training .. The abreviation covers many tricks in most cases to keeping your plants low whist increasing yield. Perfect for a stealth grow ! One big pot would work I just prefer seperate so I can control each plant individually that way hopefully if one has a problem I can contain it . Although It will be fine just water evenly.
I'm pretty new to this forum and your right by far the friendliest and most helpful .. I've browsed so many and seen bitching and unhelpful comments so far none on here just honest help and opinions.
Last of all "like scar did mufasa" :rofl:

For your space I would stick to 1 larger plant or 2 small/medium plants for a decent yield. More than that you will have so much vegetation the CFL's may struggle to penetrate the canopy. I would also steer away from multiple plants in a single container. More often than not it complicates things later in the grow. It can be done but it is less than optimal.

You've got a good start so far. I look forward to seeing what you do!

/Obi

Back
Top Bottom