First Grow. Phototron box.

It's really nice to see someone dedicated to their journal! I love seeing step by step from the beginning! Keep up the good work! + Rep!

thanks. yeah im new to the site, and ive been around growing multiple times, but this is my first real grow, so i like the help. no to mention my buddy has grown outdoors for years, and indoors for about 3 or 4 now. so hes alot of help.

has anyone heard of hyponex soil? its what i bought seemed better then MG since im trying to steer away from those products.

Greets Weedy!!

Congrats on your tron grow. One thing you need to consider when using a tron is flushing. If you grow directly in the tray, you'll need to water with H2O only for at least two weeks before harvest and even then, it won't be a good as a true flush would be. I've tried soil grown weed that was harvested unflushed and it was not pleasant, with lots of crackles, pops and a funny taste.

Personally, I think it's better to use a pot that's close in diameter to your bottom tray, perhaps an few inches taller. This way you can remove the plant and flush. Trons actually have screws in the top so you can pop the top right off. I removed the screws in the top of my tron and never put them back in.

Another advantage is that you can start with smaller pots and work your way up. You could even sex them out in the smaller pots before you move the lady into a larger pot for flowering. I think one female is most appropriate for a tron. There's really not enough light or room for any more than one plant. I can't see any advantage to growing more that one in there, except maybe for variety. You may sacrifice a little yield by growing more than one, unless you prudently trim and bend (you're gonna be doing that anyway). ;)

Those are just few of my random tron thoughts. Hope they might be of some assistance to you and good luck!!

:peace:

Harry

Greets Weedy!!

Congrats on your tron grow. One thing you need to consider when using a tron is flushing. If you grow directly in the tray, you'll need to water with H2O only for at least two weeks before harvest and even then, it won't be a good as a true flush would be. I've tried soil grown weed that was harvested unflushed and it was not pleasant, with lots of crackles, pops and a funny taste.

Personally, I think it's better to use a pot that's close in diameter to your bottom tray, perhaps an few inches taller. This way you can remove the plant and flush. Trons actually have screws in the top so you can pop the top right off. I removed the screws in the top of my tron and never put them back in.

Another advantage is that you can start with smaller pots and work your way up. You could even sex them out in the smaller pots before you move the lady into a larger pot for flowering. I think one female is most appropriate for a tron. There's really not enough light or room for any more than one plant. I can't see any advantage to growing more that one in there, except maybe for variety. You may sacrifice a little yield by growing more than one, unless you prudently trim and bend (you're gonna be doing that anyway). ;)

Those are just few of my random tron thoughts. Hope they might be of some assistance to you and good luck!!

Harry

thanks man i appreciate the comment. i will definetly keep that in mind next time. i already have the seeds in the soil now. i guess well see what happens. my next grow will probably be with pots. also you grow with a tron? how do you have your airflow set up? along with the carbon filter. thanks. any input would be appreciated.:thanks::roorrip:

also you grow with a tron? how do you have your airflow set up? along with the carbon filter. thanks. any input would be appreciated.:thanks::roorrip:

I only use my old tron for seedlings, cloning and some very initial vegging. I did flower out a male in it recently so I didn't need to worry about flushing that. I was just collecting pollen.

A couple of CFL's on a splitter would be good but it will limit your already limited height. The xtra light might make up for that, in terms of denser buds. I've seen a few peeps stick a LED panel in the top but not sure how much good that will do ya..

A couple of PC case fans should work well for venting the unit. You can easily find the diagram for powering them with a wall-wart (cell phone charger and such). No idea on the filter. I don't use 'em.

Here's a couple of tron grows all journaled up you might want to check out..

RageMonkey's Phototron & homeade bubbler experiment Northern Lights

Old Phototron Experiment

Harry

I only use my old tron for seedlings, cloning and some very initial vegging. I did flower out a male in it recently so I didn't need to worry about flushing that. I was just collecting pollen.

A couple of CFL's on a splitter would be good but it will limit your already limited height. The xtra light might make up for that, in terms of denser buds. I've seen a few peeps stick a LED panel in the top but not sure how much good that will do ya..

A couple of PC case fans should work well for venting the unit. You can easily find the diagram for powering them with a wall-wart (cell phone charger and such). No idea on the filter. I don't use 'em.

Here's a couple of tron grows all journaled up you might want to check out..

RageMonkey's Phototron & homeade bubbler experiment Northern Lights

Old Phototron Experiment

Harry

thanks alot man. i already checked those journals also. lots of good ideas for my next grow. i added one extra cfl already at the top ive looked for the spiltter and havent found out yet. i want to find a four way or two two ways at least, and have 4 extra cfls at the top, 2 with cool, and 2 with warm. idk thought it sounded nice.:roorrip:

Hello Weedy.I have an old tron like that,it's been good to me.I added 4 daylight cfl's to my tron by using splitters.100 watt equivalency bulbs.
I could have done better but the stuff I produced with little effort was seriously nice.
Look at my old phototron grow from my sig.
Good luck,can't wait to see it. ;)
I must have posted this just as ya'll did.Lol.You can get those two way splitters from walmart or lowes or any hardware store. :)

Hello Weedy.I have an old tron like that,it's been good to me.I added 4 daylight cfl's to my tron by using splitters.100 watt equivalency bulbs.
I could have done better but the stuff I produced with little effort was seriously nice.
Look at my old phototron grow from my sig.
Good luck,can't wait to see it. ;)
I must have posted this just as ya'll did.Lol.You can get those two way splitters from walmart or lowes or any hardware store. :)

yeah i definitely read all they way through your old tron experiment. looked like it all came out nice. ok but heres my question for you, did you flush it at any time? or just use pure h2o at the end. oh and yeah im going today probably t get some two way splitters. do you think itd be better to run 4 cool bulbs for veg, and 4 daylight for flowering?

either way the seeds are in the ground we shall see what happens.!!:roorrip:

yeah i definitely read all they way through your old tron experiment. looked like it all came out nice. ok but heres my question for you, did you flush it at any time? or just use pure h2o at the end. oh and yeah im going today probably t get some two way splitters. do you think itd be better to run 4 cool bulbs for veg, and 4 daylight for flowering?

either way the seeds are in the ground we shall see what happens.!!:roorrip:

I had the soil directly in the box so no flushing,just straight h20 at the end.
I like the daylights for the entire grow. :smokin:

I had the soil directly in the box so no flushing,just straight h20 at the end.
I like the daylights for the entire grow. :smokin:

ok thanks minus. you seem to have a good grip on the tron. :thanks:

have they poped up yet? i cant wait 2 see them ! LOOKS GOOD!

yes 3 of the 6 im starting have sprouted. figured ill have to weed the males out.

ill be posting pics in a little bit.:roorrip:

good job on ur first indoor grow op looks like its going well. how many do u plan 2 have in tne tron? loos like ur havein alot fun 4 ur first grow ! theres always problems but well be here 2 help

Back
Top Bottom