First Grow Week 1 Bloom: Raspberry Cough, Sterling Haze, BlackJack & A Freebie

Re: First Grow - Week 1 Bloom - Raspberry Cough - Sterling Haze - BlackJack & A Freeb

Nice grow you have going. Very nice setup. I am on my first grow also and have height issues with mine. I decided I wanted more variety in my grow so I started some seeds three weeks later than the first ones. The oldest ones have 7 weeks veg time. They are 20 days in flowering and still stretching. I had no idea they would grow that tall being indica's. My younger ones are sitting on top 5 gallon buckets to get my canopy even. Im going to try to bend mine over in the next couple days if they don't stop stretching. I'll be checking in to see how your grow turns out.
Yeah super crop them it won't hurt the If your that early bend them to the point where you want them to be it will also slow the stretching process because it disrupts the plants and it will have to go fix itself

Sent from my LG-H830 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: First Grow - Week 1 Bloom - Raspberry Cough - Sterling Haze - BlackJack & A Freeb

I've had to cut buds off because they out grew the area and were literally on my light

Sent from my LG-H830 using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thank you. I will try the super cropping. How did your plant respond when you had to cut buds off and what stage in flowering was you.

Thank you. I will try the super cropping. How did your plant respond when you had to cut buds off and what stage in flowering was you.
They did ok it just made a nugs like 4 inches down turn into tops. And I was on like week 5

CannaBomb62000000

Week 6. It looks like Augusta, Artemise, Florette, Josephine and Angela have finally stopped growing taller and filling out with more flowers. Yes, I named them.

I have one plant that got too tall bent at an angle to get it back under the light. That's as far as I'll go. I don't dare cut anything. I tried supercropping in veg with mixed results because of poor technique. I don't want to try it again at this point.

They have not filled out much since the last photos, so I won't add any until the difference is more dramatic.

I read about "backbuilding" here and decided to try it on some of the flowers on Florette to see what difference it makes, assuming I did it correctly.

Go here to find out about "backbuilding" if it's new to you.
LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

I've learned a lot with this grow -- what I'm doing right and what I could do differently or more correctly. I'm already looking forward to the next grow, no matter how this one will turn out.

One thing I know for certain is that five plants, especially three sativa doms, is too much for a 4 x 4 tent. Next grow will be 4 plants max. Not sure if I wil go with some artful training and manifolding or SCROG. I didn't do a very good job with the screen but I I know better now.

I pinched between finger and thumb, crushing the stem on the thumb side and bending it. What some of the stems did is straighten back up, with only a small crook in them. I'm guessing that I need to pinch harder.... I did not snap any.

I used to run a CO2 system with a 20 lb tank for the plants in my 44-gallon aquarium and the plants grew so prolificaly that I stopped using it. The plants were constantly outgrowing the tank, slowing water circulation etc., it got to be too much bother.

I decided to try a DIY CO2 generator to see whether it will produce enough CO2 to make a noticeable difference in my tent. Who knows, one of these days I might be able to afford a real CO2 four burner. My tent is in the basement, only feet from a natural gas line a plumber could tap in to.

I'm sure it's not new to many people here, but I used:
1 Two-liter bottle
1 One-liter bottle
3/4 Cup sugar
1 TSP yeast
6 Cups of hot water
Couple feet of airline tubing.

Ingredients go into the two-liter bottle with six cuts of hot water. Shake well. Fill the one-liter bottle about half way with water (needs not be hot). Put one hole in the two-liter bottle cap big enough to fit the tubing snugly. Put two similar holes in the one-liter bottle cap.

Insert tube into cap of two-liter bottle a few inches. Insert other end of tube into the one-liter bottle so that the tube touches the bottom (you want the opening end to always be submerged). Insert a second length of airline tubing into the second hole in the one-liter bottle cap. If tubing fit is not tight, use a glue, tape, whatever to seal.

I taped the bottles together for stability.

Voila. I should have thought of doing something like this, or experimenting with CO2 grow pads, earlier because I know CO2 can make a helluva difference.

IMG_125935.JPG
IMG_126130.JPG

I wish I knew then what I know now about choosing the right strains to grow. I chose sativa dominant strains because I was chasing THC. Now I know, that there are lots of sativa/indica hybrids that are potent and a lot easier to grow. I also want to look into strains that don't take as long as sativa doms.

Earlier I wrote that I would be adding FloraBloom to the FloraSeries. I meant KoolBloom. Already using FloraBloom with FlorGro and FloraMicro. Been adding KoolBloom according to directions for that past two weeks.

Into week 7. The seeds supplier says these strains go 9-11 weeks. I already know that I have at least 4 weeks to go, perhaps a week or two after that.

How ever long it takes, it seems like forever (I'm as antsy as a kid on Christmas eve).

IMG_1266_-_Version_2.JPG

In week 8 and just sitting here watching the flowers grow. Not much else to report.

week8top.jpg

week8top2.jpg

This is the top of the pkant I call Augusta. She started in the back left corner of a 4 x4 tent, and she grew so tall that I have her curving toward the front to the tent, under the intake fan and filter. She's right under a different LED than where she started out. Top of the plant is not happy to be so close to the light but she doesn't seem to be hurting much.

week8top1.jpg

It's a jungle in my tent.

The plant tops are definitely too close to the light but the lights are up as high as they will go. These plants grow out of control after flowering and I did not do a good job of training and using the screen properly. I don't think there's anything I can do about it but if you have ideas, please tell me.

I don't think toxicity is an issue. I've been careful with nutrients all along and have followed a recommended schedule. My PPM is generally around 1100-1200 with PH 5.5-6.1 at this stage. I don't have any burnt leaf tips and the only leaves that are curling are right under the lights and there aren't many of those.

In week 8 and just sitting here watching the flowers grow. Not much else to report.

week8top.jpg

week8top2.jpg

This is the top of the pkant I call Augusta. She started in the back left corner of a 4 x4 tent, and she grew so tall that I have her curving toward the front to the tent, under the intake fan and filter. She's right under a different LED than where she started out. Top of the plant is not happy to be so close to the light but she doesn't seem to be hurting much.

week8top1.jpg

It's a jungle in my tent.
Very nice! Looks like you will have a great harvest.

The plant tops are definitely too close to the light but the lights are up as high as they will go. These plants grow out of control after flowering and I did not do a good job of training and using the screen properly. I don't think there's anything I can do about it but if you have ideas, please tell me.

I don't think toxicity is an issue. I've been careful with nutrients all along and have followed a recommended schedule. My PPM is generally around 1100-1200 with PH 5.5-6.1 at this stage. I don't have any burnt leaf tips and the only leaves that are curling are right under the lights and there aren't many of those.
Yeah probably just the light. I don't really ever go over 1000 ppms sometimes ill kinda go a bit over that but I try to keep them around 850 to 950 depending on what stage of flower they are in. Anything more than that can hurt your roots. Yeah that light is way too close and sometimes you have to cut buds off or super crop if they get to out a control. But its up to you. Grow looks great other than that.

CannaBomb62000000

I started removing male to new area to collect pollen freezen use qutip Mark bud pollinate only one for future seed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've learned enough now that I should choose plants more wisely so I wouldn't have to worry about the plants getting too close to the light. I've tried various techniques topping, tripping, supercropping, SCROG, and more with different degrees of success. It took me a while, but I understand better what I need to do.

I had modest goals for my first grow and I think I'll achieve them.

I've grown sences I was 14 years old and now I'm 52 years old and there is always room for growth and fine tuning your skills that's what grow pot has become to me.and that's what makes it interesting. So grow on and be safe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Tomorrow is start of week 11 in flower. Colas are filling it. I thought I would be ready to harvest by now but I have a couple of weeks to go I think. A few beauty shots taken at the front of the tent.

IMG_144238.jpg
IMG_144136.jpg
IMG_144034.jpg

Today is the first day of week 11 in bloom. Pistils have been slowing turning from white to browns and reds. About 40-ish percent of trichomes are slightly cloudy and it shouldn't be long now. Three palnts have done amazingly well for my first time; two plants have colas but they are very small. I've written those off at this point. Three plants grew so tall and fast, they pretty much overshadowed the other two and gave them little room to grow out. I hope to harvest the big three and let the other two go another week and see if they have anything left to develop.

IMG_150930.JPG
IMG_149536.JPG

Nice thread braw!
Following it up. Tell me, what is the NPK ratio you used during veg and flowering? I'm Looking into making a hydroponic system and this would help a lot.
Keep on Smoking!

Back
Top Bottom