First Grow!

Here's what i'm thinking has happened

I am currently using this feeding schedule feed,feed,water so i am feeding more than straight ph'd water now when my nutes go in i drop the ph to 6.2 (always have) because it says so on the side of the nutes bottle,from what i understand with the ph,my nuted water being below 6.5 has dropped the soil ph because it is being fed more than watered,from what i read calcium and magnesium would be locked out below 6.5 that's why i was thinking mag deficency.

Sneak prevew of tomorrows photo shoot
PP (big girl)
DSC_07976.JPG

And stevie the mazar
DSC_07986.JPG

abit late to the party mate but great journal so far. some really good info's picked up, it only took me the whole day from start to finish. lol

about the leaves, looks more like a ph problem than anything else. imho. this is based on the spotty/patched look of the burns. but i could be wrong.

hi momo welcome :cheesygrinsmiley: better late than never :cheesygrinsmiley:

Does it take that long to read it ! ha ha ! As long as you picked up some info my journal has served it's perpous winner winner chicken dinner !! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cheers for your input,don't think it's a ph problem tbh mate i use a digital ph meter and my girls are real nute hungry,one thing i have been spot on with is my ph levels,however they are due a feed tomorrow so i will check the run off just to be sure :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cheers :peace: VG :peace:

:blunt:

That's what i was swaying towards SABO :cheesygrinsmiley:

I have read that the plant uses more magnesium during flowering and it peaks at round about 3 weeks into flower,i don't know how much truth is in that but combined with what i was thinking neways i'm more inclined to think it is mag def,if anyone could correct me and i'm wrong would be greatly appreciated :Namaste:

it does take the whole day if you keep forgetting where you were a minute ago. :roorrip:

ahh im glad it isnt a ph problem then, its sounds easier to fix. green vibes to you mate!

no bother mate. eager to find out what the actual culprit is. see i've got a question, i noticed earlier in this thread you flushed/soaked your pots into water before transplanting them to a bigger pot. whats the thinking behind this really?

I planned on changing pots when switching to 12/12 to eliminate any rootbound issues as i didn't want to have to repot during flowering stage it would stress them out big time,i flushed them because after i repotted them i was going to start them on their bloom nutes,so i guess the answer your looking for is to flush all the grow nutes out of the soil before i started to add bloom nutes (sorry to beat about the bush)

I planned on changing pots when switching to 12/12 to eliminate any rootbound issues as i didn't want to have to repot during flowering stage it would stress them out big time,i flushed them because after i repotted them i was going to start them on their bloom nutes,so i guess the answer your looking for is to flush all the grow nutes out of the soil before i started to add bloom nutes (sorry to beat about the bush)

Yes, if you are going to re-pot, it needs to be down in Veg. Also, Veg nutes should be flushed, prior to adding the bloom nutes.

+ Reps!

right like a detox. gotcha!:thumb:

Not a Detox, the ratio of N-P-K Nutes in Veg is higher. The plants require more Nitrogen, In flower, the plants require more P & K, but less N. Nitrogen is what gives the bud a harsh taste when smoking. The plants still need nitrogen, but not as much as in flower. So to get rid of excess amounts of N in Veg, the plants need a good flushing out.

No one wants harsh smoke! :goodjob:

Update : Day 20 since flip

Day 13 flower

After discovering the yellowing leaves y/day done a bit of asking about (on 420)and a little help from the wonderful internet,i have come to the conclusion that it is a mag def.

So i got the ladies out this morning for their feed placed the tall PP (big girl) and stevie the mazar in the bathroom and left the other PP in the tent,i decided to add some epsom salts for the suspected mag def at 1 level tea spoon per gallon,i gave the ladies some ph'd water (with epsom) before i added their bloom nutes the 2 PP had 2.5L litres of nuted water and stevie the mazar had 2L,i let them sit for 20 mins before i started adding the nutes. The 2 PP had 5L of nuted water and stevie had 4L (smaller pot and plant),i caught the run off,tested it and this is what i found,all nutes went in at 6.2,the run off of from 'big girl' tested 6.1 'lil girl' and stevie came out 6.0,i'm happy with that,just hoping the epsom will resolve my issue ! If the epsom salts don't sort my issue i guess SABO would be correct with his theory that my ladies need more P and K,if that's the case i will just have to try and up their water dosage before switching to feed,feed,feed,water,Man they are hungry !! Here are some shots from this morning :cheesygrinsmiley:

First a group shot as you can see i've got rice everywhere !
DSC_0810.JPG

Talking about rice,i bought some moisture traps which contain some calcium chloride crystals and i have to say they sur are catching moisture i emptied them yesterday :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSC_08513.JPG

DSC_08543.JPG

Big girl
DSC_08313.JPG

Lil girl
DSC_08395.JPG

Stevie
DSC_08223.JPG

DSC_08293.JPG

And some bud sites shots frosties anyone ?
DSC_08237.JPG

DSC_08412.JPG

DSC_08332.JPG

DSC_08343.JPG

DSC_08303.JPG

Back
Top Bottom