GrowSwami's First Grow Northern Lights Auto 2016

Day 36 - Dinamex and Day 28 - Northern Lights - These things are starting to take off now. I just started the fox farm big bloom yesterday.
IMG_077336.JPG

IMG_077641.JPG

IMG_077444.JPG

Well, I made a mistake and nute burned my plant. I only used half strength of big bloom and it still burned my plant. Anyhow, I flushed it with ph water tonight. My question is, do you guys think it will bounce back? Picture of a few leaves posted. None are more severe than this but a majority of the leaves are like these.
image11435.jpeg

Day 45 Dinamex and Day 37 Northern Lights auto. My NL plant has completely surpassed my Dinamex now. In fact, I think the Dinamex is not getting any taller. I'm going to need to raise my light soon so I might need to put the plant on a shoebox or something so the canopies are level.

The nute burn also stopped after the soil flush so that was awesome.
image11836.jpeg

It's a game for me... I have to find things to keep my plants level to the light. I've got 9 autos all at different ages. Just find the best solution, a short box would be good for insulation under the pot anyways... Good work man,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

Day 50 from seed for my Dinamex. This plant has endured a lot of torture from me and it shows with its small height. It’s stopped growing vertically at this point but the buds are looking good. It’s going to be a small yield from this plant but that’s all on me and the first plant. Question for you vets out there, based on the picture of this plant, how long do you think I’m from harvest? The seed estimates 70 days but I’m sure it’s different for each plant. Let it grow another 20 days?
IMG_085233.JPG

IMG_085436.JPG
IMG_085436.JPG
IMG_085835.JPG

Day 42 for my Northern Lights Auto from Vision Seeds. A lot of buds popping up on this plant and it’s still getting taller. I almost have my light raised all the way up now. Vision says 8 weeks from seed (56) days but I can guess right now based on the bud growth I have longer to go than that. So far, I haven’t used any nutes on this plant…just straight fox farm soil and seaweed extract every other week.
IMG_085636.JPG

IMG_085945.JPG

Also doing my first grow and best thing i did was try to forget i am even growing which i think has been best for my plant, I would also never try compare my grow to anyone elses no matter same stage or not. They are all there own self and will go at there own rate. But good job man your NL is looking good and that little Dina will fatten up some more even though it is small.

Day 50 Question for you vets out there, based on the picture of this plant, how long do you think I'm from harvest? The seed estimates 70 days but I'm sure it's different for each plant. Let it grow another 20 days?
IMG_085835.JPG
By the looks of it, it's going to be at least an there couple weeks. All those big white pistils will turn brown/orange, and they will shrivel. You still got some weight to put on yet... That cola looks spectacular Swami, just imagine what it will look like in s couple weeks.:drool:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Day 54 for Dinamex and Day 46 for my Northern Lights. So impressed with how big this NL plant has grown. Getting more Amber pistols on the dinamex too. Lots of sugar. Bought a jewelers loupe to start watching the trichomes.
image12390.jpeg

image12388.jpeg

image12389.jpeg

Currently at Day 58 for my Dinamex and Day 50 for my northern lights. Having some issues with leaves turning yellow-ish colors and curling a bit on my Northern Light Plant. Can anyone tell what's going on here? PHd the water to 6.8 every time I watered. I've used half strength Fox Farm Big Buds nutes for the last couple of waterings but it doesn't really look like nute burn. I could be wrong though.
image110051.JPG

image37005.JPG

image210037.JPG

I also bought a jewelers loupe to start watching the trichomes on my dinamex plant. I still see a few clear trichomes on the plant but I would guess 30% are cloud and 10% are amber in color. Getting really close to harvest day for that plant.

Anybody have any ideas on what is going on with the yellow leaves? I'm still seeing this in the plant and it's getting worse? Nitrogen deficiency?

Those leaves are going to begin to yellow and fall off naturally. Nitrogen deficiency during the last stages of flower are the norm. Some growers will stop nitrogen all together once they hit a certain point into flowering. No worries mate, if you're without potassium and phosphorous deficiency your plant is fine.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

UPDATE
**Day 58 for NL Auto and Harvest Day for Dinamex**
The trichs on the Dinamex were about 20% amber and the clarity went to milky on most of the plant. I went ahead and harvested her. I clipped a bud off the plant about 5 days ago to try it out. I'll post up a strain review on this plant.

The NL auto is going good. Lots of leaves yellowing but I think I'm about 14 days or longer away from harvest on this plant. Lots of red hairs growing from the buds and I've noticed the center cola is getting fatter. Hope it gets much fatter!
IMG_091339.JPG
IMG_091645.JPG
IMG_092331.JPG

**UPDATE Day 63 for the NL Auto**
Here's the progress so far. Leaves are turning really yellow as we get close to the finish line. I checked the trichomes yesterday and saw no ambers yet.
IMG_092933.JPG
IMG_093030.JPG
IMG_093133.JPG

One other thing I will add, I love the aroma of this plant. The Dinamex plant was a very strong smelling plant (hints of diesel) compared to this one. This plant smells alot like what I smoked in high school. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom