Moderngroroom Soil Critical Purple Northern Lights Grow Journal

I believe that at this moment in time, we do not know how to properly use UV light. I am going to experiment with adding UV only around the noon hour, matching the peak we see in nature around the same time. I further believe that adding UV to a light system that runs it full time, is detrimental to the grow.
Ok im going to buy 2 of them. Is california works a good brand? Which one did you buy?

Ok im going to buy 2 of them. Is california works a good brand? Which one did you buy?
We tend to get in trouble when we recommend one over another on here, or even DIY rigs, so I am not going to be able to give you the recommendation you seek. We have so many light manufacturers as supporters of the forum, that it really is hard for me to choose one to recommend, they are all good! And to recommend one that is not a sponsor of our forum, well that just wouldn't be right or fair to those who sponsor us. Personally I can only speak for the lights that I own and use, and I regularly mention them on my journals because, they gave them to me either to test and review or as a prize in a 420 Magazine contest. Do your research and make a wise choice and remember that our sponsors oftentimes give discounts to 420 Magazine members.

We tend to get in trouble when we recommend one over another on here, or even DIY rigs, so I am not going to be able to give you the recommendation you seek. We have so many light manufacturers as supporters of the forum, that it really is hard for me to choose one to recommend, they are all good! And to recommend one that is not a sponsor of our forum, well that just wouldn't be right or fair to those who sponsor us. Personally I can only speak for the lights that I own and use, and I regularly mention them on my journals because, they gave them to me either to test and review or as a prize in a 420 Magazine contest. Do your research and make a wise choice and remember that our sponsors oftentimes give discounts to 420 Magazine members.
I'm not looking for a new light i have 3 new lights i just bought! i am speaking for one that can be added to the side of my grow like for supplemental lighting.. i didnt know that! i thought the site was for helping grower's out i had clue you couldn't recommend a supplemental light for uvb.. well this will be hard now lol but i understand i guess ill buy em in try them out.

I'm not looking for a new light i have 3 new lights i just bought! i am speaking for one that can be added to the side of my grow like for supplemental lighting.. i didnt know that! i thought the site was for helping grower's out i had clue you couldn't recommend a supplemental light for uvb.. well this will be hard now lol but i understand i guess ill buy em in try them out.
I am going to look into a supplemental UV light strip. It doesnt have to be anything huge, but i want to control my UV by running it only a few hours of each day. I don't know if any of our sponsors offer anything like that, so I can talk about this kind of specialty light, just like the deep red and far red strip that I bought to supplement my big light, again for just a couple of hours a day. As long as we are not talking about regularly featured grow lights, I think we are ok.

Sorry MGR, all my UV comes from the sun!
O ok lol damn man i gotta swing over to your thread in see what you got going on.. i barely have time to get on here.. im sorry buddy

How is you and your family by the way? I dont know you personally but i do think about you and your dad! i know you cared deeply about him and did everything you could to make him comfortable and entertained. Now he is looking down on you and guiding you in the right way. I hope you are doing well buddy..

O ok lol damn man i gotta swing over to your thread in see what you got going on.. i barely have time to get on here.. im sorry buddy
No worries, some folks have a lot more spare time than others!
How is you and your family by the way? I dont know you personally but i do think about you and your dad! i know you cared deeply about him and did everything you could to make him comfortable and entertained. Now he is looking down on you and guiding you in the right way. I hope you are doing well buddy..
Thank you for those thoughts. He was such a sweet man and we all miss him. I feel like I see him every time I look in the mirror!

No worries, some folks have a lot more spare time than others!

Thank you for those thoughts. He was such a sweet man and we all miss him. I feel like I see him every time I look in the mirror!
Yeah, judging by your character and helpfulness i see where you get it from now! God bless you my friend!

The droopy plants i had problem with bounced back and were fine after i raised the lights way up.. so i did what Emilya said and i waited till pots were completely dry so lastnight i picked up the pots and it took one finger for a 10 gallon pot it was completely dry.. so i mixed up nutes full strength and watered them well the one plant went right back to drooping.. and she is growing very slowly, and i mean slow.. the other one is fine idk whats going on..

The droopy plants i had problem with bounced back and were fine after i raised the lights way up.. so i did what Emilya said and i waited till pots were completely dry so lastnight i picked up the pots and it took one finger for a 10 gallon pot it was completely dry.. so i mixed up nutes full strength and watered them well the one plant went right back to drooping.. and she is growing very slowly, and i mean slow.. the other one is fine idk whats going on..
Good job... you are seeing the effect of damaged roots. Get her through a couple of good wet/dry cycles and she will recover and start using water faster every time, including this one. Nothing happens all at once in the plant world, just be patient and she will come back.

Well guys and gals my girls jumped right back into action! i was patient and now they are gifting me with great growth.. these were the droopy ones but not no more.. leafs are all praying and happy as can be pots are starting to fill light again so do i water now @Emilya or do i wait another day? like the top of the soil is dry and there drinking it pretty fast!
33F8367F-4F9C-4564-A655-7BE9FDF25177.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
7F6A8A4E-67E4-49B9-88F2-A1C6FAE80C25.jpeg
723DB923-32E2-4E76-8020-80880BD7908A.jpeg
D49CEC1D-449C-4831-A739-FDC36AF4617B.jpeg

Well guys and gals my girls jumped right back into action! i was patient and now they are gifting me with great growth.. these were the droopy ones but not no more.. leafs are all praying and happy as can be pots are starting to fill light again so do i water now @Emilya or do i wait another day? like the top of the soil is dry and there drinking it pretty fast!
I am glad that they are recovering but absolutely do NOT fall back into your old habits of watering too frequently. Just because the top is dry is NOT a reason to even think about watering... wait until it is dry all the way to the bottom. Just look at those plants... do they look like they are suffering and needing a drink to you? Starting to feel light is not being light. Repeat that to yourself three times.

I am glad that they are recovering but absolutely do NOT fall back into your old habits of watering too frequently. Just because the top is dry is NOT a reason to even think about watering... wait until it is dry all the way to the bottom. Just look at those plants... do they look like they are suffering and needing a drink to you? Starting to feel light is not being light. Repeat that to yourself three times.
Yeah im going to but you said to start using water faster including this next time so i didnt quite understand what u meant by that. Thats why i asking! But ill wait till leafs start to fall then water

Yeah im going to but you said to start using water faster including this next time so i didnt quite understand what u meant by that. Thats why i asking! But ill wait till leafs start to fall then water
So how long were you able to stand it before you had to water? :cool:

Leaves drop for several reasons, the main one being that nightfall is approaching. To tell if a plant needs water, the droop will start in the very lowest leaves and over 6 hours or so you will be able to see this droop moving up the trunk to node after node. Usually that lower leaf drop means that you have about 12 hours left before the water has been used up... don't give in and think the droop means to get out the watering pitcher. It is best to go by weight as long as you are able to... its still a subjective measurement, but it tends to be more accurate, as long as you are going for light as a feather rather than just lighter. A good rule to follow is every time you think that there is something that you need to do to the plant, wait a day. You move a lot faster than a plant.

I think you figured it out, but by using water faster I meant that the time interval between waterings gets shorter and shorter as the roots get stronger and stronger. By watching that interval, you can get a good idea what the water usage looks like.

So how long were you able to stand it before you had to water? :cool:

Leaves drop for several reasons, the main one being that nightfall is approaching. To tell if a plant needs water, the droop will start in the very lowest leaves and over 6 hours or so you will be able to see this droop moving up the trunk to node after node. Usually that lower leaf drop means that you have about 12 hours left before the water has been used up... don't give in and think the droop means to get out the watering pitcher. It is best to go by weight as long as you are able to... its still a subjective measurement, but it tends to be more accurate, as long as you are going for light as a feather rather than just lighter. A good rule to follow is every time you think that there is something that you need to do to the plant, wait a day. You move a lot faster than a plant.

I think you figured it out, but by using water faster I meant that the time interval between waterings gets shorter and shorter as the roots get stronger and stronger. By watching that interval, you can get a good idea what the water usage looks like.
I dont actually remember now lol. Ill have to look when i get home tonight! But they are doing fine now and exploding in growth and doubling almost each day that passes. I get what you are saying now. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom