First Hydro CFL Grow

A couple pics taken today
pic15_002.jpg

Plant #2 growin good
pic15_001.jpg

How long should i flower my plant???***

Bud gave you the answer in this thread previously;

If you have a grow shop or a radio shack, the best thing to do is run over and pick up a 30-100x pocket mico scope. I grabed one with a light on it thats 100x for around $12.00 USD.

Flowering marijuana needs plenty of time to grow and mature. Because you dont know what types of strains you have the best thing to do will be to wait until the trichomes are at your peak type of high. By this i mean the color of the trichomes at time of harvest.

Clear trichomes-
This will happen first when the bud is just starting to build up it sugars and start to make thc develop in the cells. Def dont want to harvest at this time because the marijuana isnt producing decent levels of THC.

Milky trichomes-
Sugars have started to break down in the plant and the real flowering begins. This is where she will start to put on weight and the calyxes will start to swell with sweet trichomes of necter. This will be you heavy head high when they are atleast 90% milky.

Milky/amber trichomes-
This is when the swelling is coming to its peak, the plant is swelling more then ever and she is just about to give the last bit of life that she has to make sweet juicy buds. Leaves will begin to look a bit more aged and this is where she will start to make her last reproductive push. After all she is a mother who thinks she has seeds to tend to....(God im glad we can trick them so we can have the sweet mary jane they make lol) Alot of people like to harvest at this time because this will give you a bit of a head high along with a body high. All around its the way that most marijuana is sold.

Amber trichomes-
This is the crap that you baught from the guy before the concert because you lost your stash. The plant has finished her work and is starting to lose TCH at a very fast rate. Like all living things she muct die as well (but we can clone her hahaha). when they are 100% amber it will be a couch lock high, not great for going out and doing things and over all a realy expensive sleep aid at this point.

Hope this helps a bit!

To help clarify, if that's not clear - once you have your juicy buds all over the plant, use the magnifying glass to look at the trichs (the crystally hairs). You'll know when to harvest based on the colour of them. There are some documents in the grow room forums on how to do this if you need more info.

You're probably looking at around 8 weeks though. But the 'time' doesn't mean much if you're not experienced with the strain (and even then, it's not that much of a science). Use the method above.

Looking good though, man :) I'm sticking around for the ride. :rollit:

Oh, I thought I saw some leaves that showed the same symptoms as what I had. As my plants got larger the older leaves started getting discolouration spots on them. Everything I've read indicates a CalMag deficiency (or ph problem). Easy to fix. Well, the existing spots won't go away, but adding CalMag should prevent new spots from appearing, assuming your ph is correct.

Yes i changed my ph. Its good now thx for coming by. Well no pics today but my plants are in flower mode as of Thursday so 6 weeks and 2 days Total 3Days Flower. Everythings looking up on the plants they are stretching to the light. Also I think i might have hairs tommorrow after they come out of the dark period. Light schedule 10/10 their about to go to sleep in about a hour. well ill post in the morning.

Wow... 6 weeks vegging is a long time. How tall are they now? I'm sure you are aware but plan on them doubling to tripling their height during the first 4 to 5 weeks of flowering. They look great! :)

Back
Top Bottom