First hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lights

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

See a problem, fix a problem. Such is the growing life! LOL! Gonna be real hard for them to lock up on lower nutes. Think you'll know for sure if they start eating lower leaves.

The weird thing is they are growing new lower leaves, just like last time! But just the Northern Lights. They are pretty light green since they aren't getting much light, but they are pretty thick! I almost wonder if the N in my nutes are letting them put energy into the lower branches.

I wonder if it's a good idea to let the lower leaves die off, the plants may be putting too much energy into new leaf production. I know that's not the current thinking, but I have to look at it from all sides.

I am one to challenge the conventional wisdom until I've seen it myself!

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

Watching and learning still bro'....

Looking very nice brother FPF!

FYI, Gen Hydro nutes also has what they call a "ripen" stage of growth, where it's exactly as you described, lowering of the nutes the last week. I've never tried it myself, but I'm w-a-t-c-h-i-n-g you.

Thumbs up man!
SF

Looking great man! :yummy: It's all that clean Colorado mountain air up in your neck of the woods! :yahoo: We may have the 4 seasons in one day here, but hell no better place to live or die! IMHO... As you have said before any more nutes then they need, is just lining the pockets of the nuteman... :peace:

Looking great man! :yummy: It's all that clean Colorado mountain air up in your neck of the woods! :yahoo: We may have the 4 seasons in one day here, but hell no better place to live or die! IMHO... As you have said before any more nutes then they need, is just lining the pockets of the nuteman... :peace:

That's why I've been monitoring them real closely lately and am adding only what they are using. I've found that for the last week or so they've been using about 50 ppm/day so I gave them about 550 today that should last the week.

I'll be adding the carbo load every day and keeping up with the Super Thrive, but that's it. Flush next week and then on to harvest!

Fry Why the hell am I using so many nutes !!??? Your plants always look great and mine ...well they alwats look like someone came in with a bat and really took a beating to them... I think I will follow your way of nuting I've been using Sensi A & B with a bit of big bud , but where we differ is if I see that I'm down a gallon I add a gallon of nutes water (1200-1300 ppm) after a couple ofdays of this my res is sitting at 1800 ppm !? So I end up taking out a gallon and adding a gallon of plain phd water.. I think I'm doing this shit wrong and I believe you my friend are doing it safer and better for the plant in the end ....As soon as my next res change I will go the FryingPanFlyer way !!! and up till than I will lower my nute level to hopefully fix my poor plants ...:peace:

Fry Why the hell am I using so many nutes !!??? Your plants always look great and mine ...well they alwats look like someone came in with a bat and really took a beating to them... I think I will follow your way of nuting I've been using Sensi A & B with a bit of big bud , but where we differ is if I see that I'm down a gallon I add a gallon of nutes water (1200-1300 ppm) after a couple ofdays of this my res is sitting at 1800 ppm !? So I end up taking out a gallon and adding a gallon of plain phd water.. I think I'm doing this shit wrong and I believe you my friend are doing it safer and better for the plant in the end ....As soon as my next res change I will go the FryingPanFlyer way !!! and up till than I will lower my nute level to hopefully fix my poor plants ...:peace:

I made that decision based on what my tds meter was telling me. I've been noticing that when I check the ppm the next day it was going up telling me they weren't eating all I was giving them, of course when I topped off the res the number went down, but only about 50 ppm so I decided not to add any more than they are using.

I'm trying to read what my plants are telling me. You see the very tips of the leaves are burned so they are not without nutrition. And the very top leaves of the NL buds are getting pretty crispy and the edges have damage too. But I attribute that to the age or the time in their life cycle.

I figure whatever they aren't eating you're either flushing it down the drain with the next res change or burning your plants. I'm too cheap to do either.

Well, I'd add something here but Fry said it all!

On the new leaf question. They are just in survival mode and thing go weird in survival mode. They are not spending that much on the new growth because there is no light for it to process with. Ain't no gas in the gas tank! No need to cut them off either. They just try to grow it back.

Well, I'd add something here but Fry said it all!

On the new leaf question. They are just in survival mode and thing go weird in survival mode. They are not spending that much on the new growth because there is no light for it to process with. Ain't no gas in the gas tank! No need to cut them off either. They just try to grow it back.

I'm just going to leave the new growth be. I figure if the plants need more nutes when I'm flushing they can get them from those leaves.

Well I think the first part of what was said sounded good, made sense but I'm not to sure about picking on the poor old and about to be chopped up plant, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves ! Maybe thats why my plants are looking bad ,they're getting close too. Their thick and heavy but very few trichs especialy on the trim leaves. I was trying to get a few pics , my daughter borrowed my camera, I got it back but, battery was dead and she has the charger grrrr. :peace:

I'm telling you, you have to take that marquis de sade attitude out for a walk every once in a while. If you hold it in, it will kill ya! LOL! Watta ya going to take care of them like your children all grow and then wake up one day and chop them down? Less psychologically stressful my way! LOL!

You can start torturing any time within the last two weeks. They don't have time to hermi on you at that point! Bwahahahaha!

Damn crazy dope smokin hippys !! Maybe try tieing electrodes to those buds and see if you can charge them up a bit:idea: .. A real good way to get rid of those pesky male plants :ciao:

MC is sure making me feel better about letting my closet get to 115degrees 2 days ago!! :smokin:

Its getting so warm I have to wake up right as the lights turn on every morn to open up the closet then go back to sleep....And that morning I slept thru the alarm so the babies were COOOOOOKIN :bong:

High FPF!!

I too am guilty of backing off my Nutes but for the last week before the flush. i think of it as a "Pre-Flush" week. It seems to work well as long as you know the Optimum harvest date of your plant. If you do it too early it seems to stretch the tops of the buds. if you do it too late you end up an extra week late on top of your flush. I guess it also depends on the garden, and how much one backs off.

Hey, not a bad idea! I got a spare battery and some jumper cables! Let's see. I got some scrap wire around I'm sure. Wire up the grow, clamp the battery and I send them to Sparkyville! Thanks, maybe I'll try that next time. Maybe right before I cut! I hear the super colider is up and running!

What kind of reaction did they have to that 115*? Cooked as in burnt?

....Did you know that some breeders use 100 degree tempuratures to induce male flowers on a female plant inorder to breed with its sister plant???? this creates a 'feminized' seed. That means HERMAPHRODITE.. NO BUENO.

High FPF!!

I too am guilty of backing off my Nutes but for the last week before the flush. i think of it as a "Pre-Flush" week. It seems to work well as long as you know the Optimum harvest date of your plant. If you do it too early it seems to stretch the tops of the buds. if you do it too late you end up an extra week late on top of your flush. I guess it also depends on the garden, and how much one backs off.

Hey Jas! You know, I really don't think of it as backing off, rather just giving them what they are using rather than putting nutes in that at best I'll end up flushing down the drain or at worst lock up or burn my plants.

But I do plan a full fledged flush the last week. Already I'm beginning to see much better build up of the buds. The last grow by this time I was starting to get frustrated because I wasn't seeing the mass I was expecting. This time is definitely different. I'm optimistic these buds will be denser than last.

We'll see soon enough!

Back
Top Bottom