First hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lights

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

week 3 flower fry ---- i got sites everywhere and i only add my nutes once every two weeks for the same reason i think i wasted more the first month of veg , i just keep checkin my water everyday my ppms are at 1200 and by the end of the two weeks im at 1800 ..plants are huge and doin very well i dnt have any burn or prob, the only problem i had was the height i supercropped them and OMG wow makes a big difference

Re: FryingPanFlyer's first hydro, Deep Water Culture, 400w MH/HPS Sour Diesel, Northern Lig

I'm telling you, you have to take that marquis de sade attitude out for a walk every once in a while. If you hold it in, it will kill ya! LOL! Watta ya going to take care of them like your children all grow and then wake up one day and chop them down? Less psychologically stressful my way! LOL!

You can start torturing any time within the last two weeks. They don't have time to hermi on you at that point! Bwahahahaha!

Damn crazy dope smokin hippys !! Maybe try tieing electrodes to those buds and see if you can charge them up a bit:idea: .. A real good way to get rid of those pesky male plants :ciao:

Damn, you guys are beginning to worry me! I mean really, I've seen MC like this before, he's got his pet dark side. But ol hippy, what's happening! lol You guys crack me up!

I am planning to start with the torture next week. A little poking, a little pinching, you know, the regular stuff. But I don't know how much more I can ask for trich-wise, they are already pretty triched up!

I can't believe the weather here. Two days ago it was 60* out and I was looking at raking and fertilizing the lawn. Today I'm looking at snow on the ground and maybe a couple more inches. Tomorrow will be nicer, I sure hope so, my brother, sister-in-law, and niece from So. Cal. will be here Sunday, they are used to 80's, not 60's.

I can't believe the weather here. Two days ago it was 60* out and I was looking at raking and fertilizing the lawn. Today I'm looking at snow on the ground and maybe a couple more inches. Tomorrow will be nicer, I sure hope so, my brother, sister-in-law, and niece from So. Cal. will be here Sunday, they are used to 80's, not 60's.

Us Cal's don't know cold weather Bro. but I do through! I worked in -70 below weather in Montana not fun at all! I actually got frozen to the ground in a cold weather suit once and had to use a hammer to bust myself loose, great story.

press_005.jpg
This nasty lady has been flowering in my closet for over 11 wks !! And yes Fry, she has 5 big sisters (colas not plants) Any trichs there are clear as hell ? Getting tired of waiting , plus my electric bill is starting to add to the cost of my meds..:reading420magazine: :yikes:

This nasty lady has been flowering in my closet for over 11 wks !! And yes Fry, she has 5 big sisters (colas not plants) Any trichs there are clear as hell ? Getting tired of waiting , plus my electric bill is starting to add to the cost of my meds..:reading420magazine: :yikes:

11 weeks, WTF! Something's going on. I've heard some strains don't turn amber. I don't know about chopping them now, but I'd bethinking real seriously about it.

Okay, previously the plants were eating about 50 ppm/day. Then yesterday I changed the res and guess what, they ate 150 ppm over night! I didn't add any more nutes today, I want to see how they do tomorrow, but if they eat like they did last night I'm adding more tomorrow.

press_005.jpg

Wow are you saying 11 weeks in flower, old hippy it looks good though and should turn soon.

Us Cal's don't know cold weather Bro. but I do through! I worked in -70 below weather in Montana not fun at all! I actually got frozen to the ground in a cold weather suit once and had to use a hammer to bust myself loose, great story.

Man, that is a big reason why I love 420, It's the stories from lives that I had never dreamed of. And I get to tell my stories too.:grinjoint:

Okay, today's update.

The nutes consumption pattern seems to be holding, both res' were down 50 ppm again today. There may have been some anomaly yesterday to have seen over 100ppm drops, possibly in my measurements. But today they are back on their 50 ppm schedule. I was considering adding nutes if they started eating big again but that does not appear to be the case.

So, when I refilled the res' I added just 1 tbs of the Liquid Carbo Load and one cap full (of the 2 oz. bottle) in each. The buds are building up nicely, I didn't see this last time around, this is looking very good.

Okay, so when I refilled yesterday the 5 gallon bucket w/ 3 gallons water was at 775 ppm (400 ppm water) or a real ppm of the nutes of 375. This morning, after consuming approx 2/3 gallon of water it measured 820 ppm (total 420), an increase of 45 ppm.

So, if the dissolved solids are equally distributed throughout my solution I would expect a single gallon to account for 1/3 of the total dissolved solids or 125 ppm. But since it used 2/3 gallon of water it would have consumed 2/3 of 125 or 83 ppm. Which means that after adding back the water used the ppm would read 692 (775 - 83). But it didn't, it read 725 meaning that the plants are not consuming at a rate equal to the concentration level in my res.

At the current rate of consumption I have plenty of nutes in the res to carry me until the next res change on Thursday.

What the heck, a few pics for your viewing pleasure!

First, the Northern Lights, these babes are really fattening up!:
IMG_19342.jpg

IMG_19332.jpg

IMG_19321.jpg

Now for the Sour Diesel:
They are forming some nice big colas too!
IMG_19303.jpg

IMG_19273.jpg

IMG_19182.jpg

IMG_19164.jpg

These buds are building up so much better than last time. I think I'll have something to show at harvest time!

Last pics until next weekend, by brother and family show up tomorrow so I'll be playing it a bit coy with the grow. He and his wife know, but my niece doesn't. We'll see how long they can keep it from here! lol

Man, that is a big reason why I love 420, It's the stories from lives that I had never dreamed of. And I get to tell my stories too.:grinjoint:

Here is the whole story OldMedMan

We all have some experince's that would be totally alien to other's live's, what happened was I use to thaw out frozen PVC and metel pipes during the winter, 1992 winter I was called out to a trailer park at 2am to work on a mobile home, real nice place and good people, will they had returned from a short weekend vacation upon their return they found the main drian line to the septic tank was frozen solid, I get there around 2:45am with wife! considering it was snowing and about -70 below with the wind chill factor -30 below with out but it was always windy when it got that cooled, the people took my wife in while I setup and began the process using my special truck with a 150 gallon tank a 5 hsp bigg's, a pump that could hit 4000 psi and a heating system that could superheat the water to 190 degress if needed instantly, it was a real nice truck setup an business that I bought for $15,000 but wasn't told about the 3 year bad run the guy had with it and just couldn't get it going well enough to support us!

Any way there I was 3am in the mornig thawing the drians from the septic then the main inlet on the mobile home, this system was a high presseure system using jets at the business end to pump superheated water out at around 2500 psi in 5 pin streams 2 forward 3 that shot back to push the hose forward and push what ever out of the pipe back at the opening, worked like a charm, thing I didn't consider was the blow back.

I remember looking down at the ground and seeing 160 degree water freeze almost instantly before my eye's! and thought to my self that's a real trip, but when I went to stand I could not, what happened! was as I knelt there in front open pipe! the blow back was hitting me the whole time and freezing me into a big ice cube! I was in a all weather suit with ski clothing and reg clothing under that almost like a space suit with a special face mask for protection! only my arm's we're free, hell all I could do was beet on the side of the home to get them to come out to help me, took a hammer and 10 minutes bost myself loose, and that's the story, hay life and living in places like Montana is a total adventager I loved the life we just needed to make money to eat and pay the bills, we we're just unable to do it up there.

Hope you don't mind FPF

I'm still shivering from that one Doc, I think I'll stay here in sunny ol Calif. My brother-in-law told me about times in Alaska where he could toss up a cup of hot coffee in the air and it would turn to ice before it hit the ground !! Again I love CA.:peace:

yo fry plants r looking great!!:grinjoint:

harvested 1 of my wws mmmm;)

Alright Soc! I can't wait to hear how you've done. 2 more weeks for me and the NL, and 3 or 4 more for the SD. I'm thinking this one will be special.

yeah that nl looks sweet!!! ;) the sd looks good 2 lol...;)

the ww taste great and its not even cured ... had ta try some lol...anyway theres some pics n my thread not trying to hijack:grinjoint:

yeah that nl looks sweet!!! ;) the sd looks good 2 lol...;)

the ww taste great and its not even cured ... had ta try some lol...anyway theres some pics n my thread not trying to hijack:grinjoint:

Not a prob man, what's a pic here and there between friends? lol

You'll be amazed at the difference after the cure, It's not the same smoke, it's into another realm! I couldn't believe how the SD came out after the cure, at first I thought they were a bust, now I love them.

Last night I tried my buddies White Widow Max, he chopped this bud at least two weeks early, a bowl kicks my butt! I can't wait to see what it's like after it's finished properly, dried and cured. If the preview is indicative of anything, this will be amazing!

And we've got a mother plant of the WWM going! I'm a happy man.

Reps when I can bro, looking good! :cheer:

The wind here on the front range has been nuts lately! How about your neck of the woods? Makes babysitting visiting family a pain in the ass! I always take them up to some mountain tourist trap and let them roam around and buy crap... Not this time LOL... :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom