First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

What up my dude great job @ what you do my g. @ greensmurf thats what I was asking myself the whole time while reading all 7 pages. 1^ for you! Good luck will be watching this so I can do a replica for my experiment. I honestly dont get all aroused for growing its only a plant you mess up start over isnt that what you do when you fail a class in college. I bet with the knowledge you gained up last semester you come back and ace that course second time around ijs.

have yoh been saving your leaves for hash?

I've been saving them, yes. I might try to make hash with them, but I don't know how good it will turn out lol.
They do have a very fruity aroma now, so yummy.

What up my dude great job @ what you do my g. @ greensmurf thats what I was asking myself the whole time while reading all 7 pages. 1^ for you! Good luck will be watching this so I can do a replica for my experiment. I honestly dont get all aroused for growing its only a plant you mess up start over isnt that what you do when you fail a class in college. I bet with the knowledge you gained up last semester you come back and ace that course second time around ijs.

Thanks brother! I'm very happy you like my journal. And you couldn't have said it any better about the knowledge, and coming back the second time around to kick some ass!!

Glad to have you aboard matey!:peace:

What do you guys think about my vigorous defoliations? These plants have a lot more lower branching than a lot of other plants I've seen. They are not very tall at all, probably 6-7 inches tall, and roughly 12 inches wide. I've seen a lot of other plants that are tall and slender, with fewer apical tips. I'm interested to hit the flower button in a week, and see how much they stretch considering they're supposed to be sativa.

I think these two plants may have different genetics, but they definitely have different phenotypes. Comparing the structure of the two plants, and how the branching has occured they are quite different.

What I've learned so far is that with cannabis, as long as it is a healthy plant, you can manipulate it anyway you want. You can strip them down to the bones, bend their branches anyway you want, and subject them to harsh conditions such as heat and drought, they'll sure enough bounce back and become stronger than before! Quite a remarkable species..

I hope I get two females, or atleast one female. But If I don't, it was certainly worth the learning experience to experiment with 2 seeds. BTW I am using Miracle Grow (Moisture Control) Potting mix, and have been using it since last years season. It works great for me because I know not to feed very much, if any during veg. It can be tough to get a good flush, which may make the final product taste less like it should(when smoked). However, when its put into my vaporizer, it literally makes no difference. I know this because last season I invested ~ 250$ on soil/pots for the whole garden (including fruits/veggies,etc) and came out with a QP of fine medication. The glory of the great outdoors.

So I've only invested ~45$ on this current grow, so I want to see what I can make of these plants, at the very least I can collect/store pollen. We'll see! :peace:

RL

Looking awesome! Heavy bondage but I think they just might like it...

Did you throw those fan leaves already? If not, cook them in milk and get a free high! Check my sig for recipe.

Haha thanx man!:) I saved the fan leaves, and I saw your recipe and it sounds yummy!:yummy:

Looking great brother. I love how they look. With any luck mine will come home looking good. :)

What do you guys think about my vigorous defoliations? These plants have a lot more lower branching than a lot of other plants I've seen. They are not very tall at all, probably 6-7 inches tall, and roughly 12 inches wide. I've seen a lot of other plants that are tall and slender, with fewer apical tips. I'm interested to hit the flower button in a week, and see how much they stretch considering they're supposed to be sativa.

I think these two plants may have different genetics, but they definitely have different phenotypes. Comparing the structure of the two plants, and how the branching has occured they are quite different.

What I've learned so far is that with cannabis, as long as it is a healthy plant, you can manipulate it anyway you want. You can strip them down to the bones, bend their branches anyway you want, and subject them to harsh conditions such as heat and drought, they'll sure enough bounce back and become stronger than before! Quite a remarkable species..

I hope I get two females, or atleast one female. But If I don't, it was certainly worth the learning experience to experiment with 2 seeds. BTW I am using Miracle Grow (Moisture Control) Potting mix, and have been using it since last years season. It works great for me because I know not to feed very much, if any during veg. It can be tough to get a good flush, which may make the final product taste less like it should(when smoked). However, when its put into my vaporizer, it literally makes no difference. I know this because last season I invested ~ 250$ on soil/pots for the whole garden (including fruits/veggies,etc) and came out with a QP of fine medication. The glory of the great outdoors.

So I've only invested ~45$ on this current grow, so I want to see what I can make of these plants, at the very least I can collect/store pollen. We'll see! :peace:

RL

id say that its working for you so far, (defoliation) they are growing well. I vegged my lady and she was/is 1ft high x 1ft wide. and having an even canopy helps.
my were slow growing at start and vegged for about 60 days.

bending the plant to grow the way you want is what I like the best. definitely right about how durable they are.

Pretty little plants you got growing there my friend. As close as the spacing of the nodes, I'd guess females. But that doesn't hold true all the time. CFL's are great little vegger lights. Are you planing on upping your total wattage in flower? Myself I'm not a big fan of massive defoliation. I was taught the fan leaves are the power plants of your plants. The main work horses. Not that I don't trim alot of the sunleaves after she starts flowering. I do lollypop to help with mold and bug issiues. Ones that shade buds and block airflow go as needed during the grow. I can see for the size you are wanting to work with that defoliation will keep her smaller. I'll say this they going to be a pretty plants. I just harvested one that got atad over 12" tall. She was 18" atleast in widith. Looking like maybe 2 oz's. GL in the ghetto. Sending ya rep's++
Keepem Green

hello everyone..
looking forward to starting my grow when my last few supplies make it here..
i want to do a grow something similar to your's Relaxed Leester..i'v read this whole thread and multiple other's but i find it very interesting to see some utd grow's as im going to be doing my very 1st grow and even thought im wanting to add more cfl lighting to mine i want to leard more about the lsd method your useing and have a few question's..but at the same time i want more yield..that's what im going after but i want to learn as much as possible..basically if i dont have a natural green thumb i will earn it..feel free to chime in and give some advice..i will be keeping up on this grow to see how it turn's out..look's great guy's will share mine soon..

hello everyone..
looking forward to starting my grow when my last few supplies make it here..
i want to do a grow something similar to your's Relaxed Leester..i'v read this whole thread and multiple other's but i find it very interesting to see some utd grow's as im going to be doing my very 1st grow and even thought im wanting to add more cfl lighting to mine i want to leard more about the lsd method your useing and have a few question's..but at the same time i want more yield..that's what im going after but i want to learn as much as possible..basically if i dont have a natural green thumb i will earn it..feel free to chime in and give some advice..i will be keeping up on this grow to see how it turn's out..look's great guy's will share mine soon..

Hello, welcome to the site, thanks for reading my thread, you can learn a lot here.
Here are a few links that may help you out: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

How to Make a Grow Journal

Just do a lot of reading, make a journal, and I'm sure the friendly community here will be willing to help you out.

Best of Luck and thanks for following along!

PS: Heres a link on LST Low Stress Training Marijuana | Michigan Medical Marijuana FAQ

Pretty little plants you got growing there my friend. As close as the spacing of the nodes, I'd guess females. But that doesn't hold true all the time. CFL's are great little vegger lights. Are you planing on upping your total wattage in flower? Myself I'm not a big fan of massive defoliation. I was taught the fan leaves are the power plants of your plants. The main work horses. Not that I don't trim alot of the sunleaves after she starts flowering. I do lollypop to help with mold and bug issiues. Ones that shade buds and block airflow go as needed during the grow. I can see for the size you are wanting to work with that defoliation will keep her smaller. I'll say this they going to be a pretty plants. I just harvested one that got atad over 12" tall. She was 18" atleast in widith. Looking like maybe 2 oz's. GL in the ghetto. Sending ya rep's++
Keepem Green

Thanks NCW! Always glad to have your opinion. I sure do hope they're both females! We'll see..
To be honest, since this just a little experiment, and I don't have high expectations, just want to see what I can produce with the circumstances, what I invested, which was about ~45$. To sum up, I don't plan on adding any lights for flower, I want to see what 156 watts of CFL can do ( 101 of which being high input). Since, I'm more focused/worried about my outdoor crops, and the European-High flyers which create the dreaded "CORN-BORER" that you once informed me that I had... I need to make sure they don't whip me out next season.

Yeah I've been trying to keep these plants smaller as you can tell, I've started LST/defoliations/topping of nodes as early as possible, this may be a reason the nodes came in so tight. I do hope their females, it would be nice to have some nice little colas...It would be IDEAL if they turned out the way your little lady did.

thank you..
i have a quick question..your growing W.R too and i have searched everywhere on this site how bad do W.R smell during veg and flower stage's..i have read that alot of strains have a fruity odor yet some are just obvious..are they overly potent or just a subtle good smell i can cover with some basic home remedy's.. candle's,scent stix etc or do they require a filter.......i read as much as possible..hr's at a time..not a such thing as to much knowledge..

thank you..
i have a quick question..your growing W.R too and i have searched everywhere on this site how bad do W.R smell during veg and flower stage's..i have read that alot of strains have a fruity odor yet some are just obvious..are they overly potent or just a subtle good smell i can cover with some basic home remedy's.. candle's,scent stix etc or do they require a filter.......i read as much as possible..hr's at a time..not a such thing as to much knowledge..

What do you mean by "growing W.R too"? Cannabis will develop a slight aroma during veg, and will increase as it goes though flower. At the late stages in flower it will really start to stink. Some strains stink more than others, some are skunky and are more noticable, and some are fruity and don't even smell like weed!

It depends on how many plants you have, if you have too many, there is no amount of covering up you could do (incense,candles, odor absorbers), but for 1-2 small plants I believe you can get away with covering it up, however at the end of flower might be hard to do. I personally WILL have to deal with an odor issue when I end up flowering my plants. It's not a sealed closet, I have wires connecting to the lines running out to the power strip. But as I notice the smell increasing I will strategically place the solid odor absorbers I purchased at home depot in the closet. I have thought about (chemically) how/ if solid odor absorbers can/will absorb CO2, and I do not believe they will.

RL

i thought i read somewhere that you was growing w.r. but as i read back again it's "genetic's unknown"..iv read so much over the past month that my mind tripped up on me..but yes im going with W.R and cant seem to find what kind of smell they give off during growth..if it's fruity im good but if it's skunky etc i need to get a scrubber or some odor absorber's before flowering..i hope to grow around 5..

i thought i read somewhere that you was growing w.r. but as i read back again it's "genetic's unknown"..iv read so much over the past month that my mind tripped up on me..but yes im going with W.R and cant seem to find what kind of smell they give off during growth..if it's fruity im good but if it's skunky etc i need to get a scrubber or some odor absorber's before flowering..i hope to grow around 5..

5 fully budding plants, depending on their size, will be difficult to cover up the smell completely. If your referring to White Russian, lucky for you it doesn't have any skunk lineage, may want to consider a scrubber, just play it by ear and handle the issues at hand.

You should create a grow journal so people can follow along to your grow!
How to Make a Grow Journal
Best of Luck!

RL

Just taking a peek. They sure are going to be mean little girls. I will say this for CFL's, they can keep a plant real short. I seem Black Widow asked what I do, I just top alot and one good flood of a product called Bush Masters to keep the shorter. Stuff seems to work, just don't over-dose your babies with it. Like they say more isn't always better.
But anyways RL you going to have some pretty mini plants going. + Reps at ya. Keepem Green

Just taking a peek. They sure are going to be mean little girls. I will say this for CFL's, they can keep a plant real short. I seem Black Widow asked what I do, I just top alot and one good flood of a product called Bush Masters to keep the shorter. Stuff seems to work, just don't over-dose your babies with it. Like they say more isn't always better.
But anyways RL you going to have some pretty mini plants going. + Reps at ya. Keepem Green

THanks for the driveby mate, mondo appreciated~!! I have good vibes about these plants, but since I haven't seen them in 5 days after the defoliation, I'm getting very excited to see some results. I will see them in 2 days on Sunday, when I will post what will hopefully be a great update. I'm expecting bushes, lush with green foliage - since they've bounced back hella strong on two of the prior massive defoliations. One thing I want to mention is that the plants will have not been watered for more than two weeks! I believe sativas prefer hot/dry environments, and a little drought may be a good thing because once they start drinking, they'll should respond. Another reason I'm waiting long to water is because I saw mold spores on some of the soil that came from my backyard (earlier on in the grow) and I don't know if its a species that will be feed on my buds later, I actually removed most of the spores with a spoon, and if its dry will hopefully be enough to kill them, and turn into particulate organic matter.
Plus, the "Moisture Control" part of my MG soil can keep it moist for quite awhile. So, who knows, maybe we'll see a bunch of dead and dying leaves, and they will all be drooping! We'll have to wait and find out folks!!:)

RL

Back
Top Bottom