First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

hey Rl like the LST

I like my lady flat on her back too. :high-five:

as for defo I havent done much myself because I dont know what kind of effect it
would have on it. I've been too chicken shit to take too much, ive been watching
them on other grows where they take a ton at once but have not seen enough
at the moment for me to pull the trigger myself

hey Rl like the LST

I like my lady flat on her back too. :high-five:

as for defo I havent done much myself because I dont know what kind of effect it
would have on it. I've been too chicken shit to take too much, ive been watching
them on other grows where they take a ton at once but have not seen enough
at the moment for me to pull the trigger myself

Thanks greensmurf. I have been totally turned on to LST, and especially defoliations. When they get bushy to the point the lower nodes are not receiving the light they need, are covered up, and resulting in poor air flow through the branching.. then I know its time for some pruning. When you defoliate, you're removing the fan leaves off the main stem/stalks that are taking energy from the new, up and coming shoots. It's good to take all those fan leaves, and leave the top, uppermost fans with their newest, smallest node growing.

Refer to post #38, and then examine post #54 to see the explosion of growth that took place between day 21 and day 28.
To me it is absolutely astonishing, and exciting to see just how much the plant will grow after each defoliation. Definitely aids to the adventurism of this grow.:hookah:

I dont really have that bushy problem with Lolita all her shoots are at a 90 degree angle so there is plenty of light for her
the only leaves I've taken has been the ones on the main stalk those were gone a while ago. I have taken a single large leaf
here and there on the shoots but not much than that. ive heard rumors about too much stress can make them hermi

Your Lolita is ready to pump flowers out, I wouldn't defoliate her now, maybe once later during flowering would be a possibility.
However, I was more referring to younger individuals who can be topped/trained from the beginning, which instills the bushy characteristic rather than being stretched vertically, and the need for defoliation may be high...

You can mess around with the techniques on some future plants... don't sweat it mate :laughtwo:

Nice grow! Glad to see others doing a CFL grow. I started mine about 2 weeks ago with T5's and CLFs and they seem to be liking it.

I wanted to mention that someone here said the CFL bulb puts out most of the light from the sides, not the top, so pointing it at the plant would be less effective than hitting from the sides.

I place the bulb pointing either up or down between the plants. In other words, I get plants on all sides grouped around the bulbs so the sides of the bulbs are towards the plants.

Also, I get about 1-2" from the plant and have only had 2 burns [didn't have enough fans].

I've seen where some have taken a coke can and made a reflector out of it by opening up the can body and using the inside of the can to reflect with the bulb in the center. This reflects light from the sides towards the plants.

Took your advice RL and mass defoliated . And it hurt my heart to do it , thought I was responsible for deforestation lol.... However they quite enjoyed it.. Ill showyou some pics in a few days when my touch screen gets back from computer guy. Wif ( not a misprint ) said dont put MJ pics on her laptop !!! And she said the exclamation points too..... They looked pretty naked at first but you were right they bounced back beautifully. Not much height though .. But the gurth OMG They kinda look like my wife ( wif ) , 55 gal drums with feet sticking out the bottom .. Its not the strain cause the plants at the bakery are the same seeds , germanated together .. And I kept the best looking kids here. Ive insulated the floor and put them back in single containers , but left one topsy turvy with the four side plants in 4 you topsy turvy fans out there.. Im kinda curious how they will do too..Had to get rid of the bags cause the poor dude at the bottom was suffering on all bags , probably all the waste flowing to the bottom of the bags . And I wanted to get the lights all back on top in case the different light sources from different directions was making them dizzy. Dude im rambling again , slap me and tell me to stfu when I do that !!!! Ill let you go , keep it green..........

I wanted to mention that someone here said the CFL bulb puts out most of the light from the sides, not the top, so pointing it at the plant would be less effective than hitting from the sides.

Glad to have you aboard KarlJay, thanks for the comment. In my opinion, the surface area to lumen output ratio with the bulb on its side versus the bulb pointing vertically results in a negligible loss of lumens, especially at as close of a distance we're putting our CFL's to the plants. Plus the fact we are using reflectors to guide the specific # of lumens that are being emitted from any one bulb. But I agree there may be a small loss of lumens directing the bulbs in this fashion, however I don't believe it's enough to hinder growth seriously, and its not something I would lose sleep over.

Took your advice RL and mass defoliated . .

Glad you had the experimental spirit to do some defoliating, might want to consider LST as well? Is it true those topsy-turvy bags use a TON of soil? It seems like it does. You should make a grow journal and post the link in your signature so we can all show up!:surf: Cheers mate!:high-five:

Love your enthusiasm!! :high-five:

Tremendous looking Girls!:hookah:

Thanks a bunch ajagunle!, we have turned this thread into a yacht from a dinghy!:slide:

And hopefully they are girls!! The seeds are regular non-feminized, and I've experienced a 50/50 male/female ratio with them. So it's really gonna be a game of chance. I reallly hope I get females :Namaste:

DAY 30
Small update to show the growth that has occurred in 48 hours since defoliation #2.
Looking bushy once again...
photo_13_33.JPG
photo_12_41.JPG
photo_14_24.JPG

Glad to have you aboard KarlJay, thanks for the comment. In my opinion, the surface area to lumen output ratio with the bulb on its side versus the bulb pointing vertically results in a negligible loss of lumens, especially at as close of a distance we're putting our CFL's to the plants. Plus the fact we are using reflectors to guide the specific # of lumens that are being emitted from any one bulb. But I agree there may be a small loss of lumens directing the bulbs in this fashion, however I don't believe it's enough to hinder growth seriously, and its not something I would lose sleep over.
Your right, I think one of the biggest advantages of the CFL is how close you can get to the plant! Not to mention the cost and you can start out with a few, add a few more as needed.

I just past my 2 week point and today I added 16 new 100W CFLs to the mix, now between the T5s and the CFL, I've got 32 bulbs going and I've got the next rack of overdriven T5s almost ready [one T5 bulb was a dud].

The ability to move these around also means that as you repot, you can adjust your lighting quite a bit.

013447.JPG
09518.JPG
06720.JPG
06426.JPG
09017.JPG
leester brother thank you man !!!! I made this grow happen through a collection of advice from what I truly think are the best MJ cultavators in the WORLD .... Guys like you , tactical grow , wiz , jon ..... There are so many im leaving out of this list , and not out of disrespect ty bros.... Im just so freaking excited I want to break dance lol ( hate rap music ) ....... The first couple pics are the defoliation project you and I have going and the mucley midgets at my crib ... Then the others are the bakery omg the bakery !!!thx again and remember the credit goes to my 420 brothren!
12269.JPG
12338.JPG
10821.JPG
101105.JPG
10027.JPG
the red pail and red and white striped popcorn bowl are GDP omg
05737.JPG
05255.JPG
sorry about cluttering up your thread with my pics but i had 2 show you .... thx again boss

:popcorn:

That is quite the garden there mate. Your gonna have some mad weight on your hands after its all said and done.
Your defol looks great, they're gonna bounce back real soon.

Cheeers!:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom