First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

Drive by. I see you got a grow up and runiing. If ya don't mind I'll be peeking in every now and then. That dirt sure doesn't seen to bother the plant whatsoever. Don't fix unless broke. It's pretty easy to veg under them CFL's, hell I even seen full crops under them, but what do you plan on flowering with? Keepem Green

Drive by. I see you got a grow up and runiing. If ya don't mind I'll be peeking in every now and then. That dirt sure doesn't seen to bother the plant whatsoever. Don't fix unless broke. It's pretty easy to veg under them CFL's, hell I even seen full crops under them, but what do you plan on flowering with? Keepem Green

Thanks for stoppin by woods, Indeed about the dirt, they seem to be doing pretty good in it, we'll see with the new vegetation.
If I can add I'll add another 55 watt CFL (2700 K), along with a 30 watt CFL (3500 K ) for broad spectrum, which will total my wattage at 181 watts, which should be enough to finish a plant considering TG's 150 Watt grow... If I don't think I can flower them inside, then I'll can consider putting them outside to finish in the Spring, I don't care if they're ready in May.

After all, this is just a little indoor test run. I'm mainly an outdoor grower =D

Thanks again for peeping in Norcaliwoods, you share a lot of knowledge, and your one of many EXCELLENT growers on this website, and a firm representative of planet Earth.

Cheers Mate!

DAY 16 UPDATE

Decided to make some adjustments to the set up, it looks a bit less ghetto now, and I'm happy with the progress of the plants for only being on day 16 of their lives! I've seen various grows whose growth rate has not been this high (comparable small little DIY grows). So we'll see what happens, they had their first topping as early as possible, and they've got lower inner bushing, they're very short and bushy, the way I'll need to keep them. I plan on tying down branches soon, I could actually use a little stretch to be honest. Also I set up a makeshift CO2 generator to see if I can give them a boost :hookah:

Before changes:
photo_12_29.JPG
photo_13_23.JPG
photo_23_5.JPG
photo_24_3.JPG

After changes:
photo_19_8.JPG
photo_18_11.JPG
photo_22_4.JPG

I installed another 55 watt high input CFL, which increases the light amount to a total of 156 watts being used.
Small observation: I rubbed my finger on one of the leaves, and they are actually starting to give off a pungent odor, this may signify a male trying to arouse its female counterparts early on (a form of competition. If I have one male and one female, which is most likely considering the stength of these seeds ( I planted 6 of them last July and, 3/6 were female, with 100% germination success), then I will just eliminate the male, and hopefully have a well trained lady. This will be my first attempt at LST, so it indeed will be a fun little experiment.

Nice up grades. :)

hey leester your plants looks great ..... that co2 set up is awesome. i never thought to use yeast ..... i may have to try that one day.

Thanks buddy I appreciate it, stay tuned and we'll see what happens ;]

Decided to transplant them today, since I noticed a slight Mg deficiency coming along. I've put them into their final containers of Miracle Grow Moisture Control. I will not be putting any added nutrients for awhile. Also I started manually training the stalks, when they get a tad bit bigger I'll start LST. They are looking good for day 17, excited and proud of them so far! It's nice to have a little something going to get me me through until summer's outdoor harvest.

Here are some more pics, I couldn't resist taking them.
photo_12_31.JPG
photo_13_24.JPG
photo_14_17.JPG

Also I seem to be getting some fermentation action going on, and the plants are starting to smell, its unbelievable for how young they are. I defoliated three leaves from the bottom, and rubbed them through my hands, and I could tell there was a resinous terpine forming. It's certainly possible I may be looking at soon-to-be males, but time will tell.

It's time to see how they react to the MGMC.:morenutes:

PS: That gunky brown looking stuff coming out of the glass peice of the ferm. vessel is actually hash oil from my vaporizer mouthpeice. Hehe, Also, the rootballs were nicely massive with white roots, and had been extended to the bottom of their previous pots. Note the lower bushing, I believe these sativas will be kept short, but they should stretch a decent amount in flower.

Hi all, hope everyone is getting their groove on. Decided to do a DAY 19 since sprouted update. I'm just excited for these plants, they're looking healthy, short, and bushy. I can already see the soon-to-be bud sites. Decided to defoliate two big fan leaves off one of the plants since they were covering the lower branches that will contain the bud-sites. The stem was long enough on it that I could tie the main stem down a bit, However its not even close to a 90 degree angle. This is an exciting first little closet grow so far!
Anyway on to the photos, love taking pictures of the plants.

The fan leaves I defoliated, they look nice. They also had a nice marijuana smell, I can feel the resin is already building up in the plant.
photo_12_33.JPG

A pic of both plants from the side
photo_13_25.JPG

Plant #1 (LSTed)
photo_23_6.JPG
photo_22_5.JPG

Plant #2
photo_19_9.JPG
photo_18_12.JPG
photo_14_18.JPG

All The Best :Namaste:

-RL

Looking very healthy bro!

Since the plants are small and bushy, I decided to defoliate all of the large fan leaves to allow better light penetration and air flow to the branching that matters. The leaves smell so good I want to gobble them up!!

DAY 21

Just wanted to take some shots to emphasize how bushy and small they are, one plant is 4 inches tall, while the other is 5 inches. They're branching is also coming along nicely. So far I've defoliated 7 lush,large fan leaves. I'm starting to think I'll have to be giving them bigger haircuts soon, I mean its so bushy for being 4 inches off the ground!

All in all im happy with the new apical tips being recognized, I've seen much growth in the new tips since I've defoliated/LSTed, and its only been 1-2 days! It now has multiple regions that the plant "thinks" is the top of the plant. On to the photos...

photo_12_35.JPG
photo_13_27.JPG
photo_14_19.JPG
photo_18_13.JPG
photo_19_10.JPG
photo_22_6.JPG

I'm subbed for this one interesting lil project good luck :bravo:

I think I'm going to give them a more thorough defoliation tonight, and there will be no update for 6 days. They're bushy where to the point its getting crowded, just a little scary considering their 4-5 inches tall, they got nice thick little stems though.

:peace:

Decided to hit them hard before I leave for 6 days, can't wait to see what happens.
Here are some pics from after the defoliation. Much thanks for Bassman for his advice.:Namaste:
photo_12_36.JPG
photo_13_28.JPG
photo_14_20.JPG

Brother im going threw the same short bulky problem.. I think I have to many watts in a 4x4 closet I have killer vent system so heat is not the prob , but they are 6 1/2 weeks old and most are 7 or 8 inches if you have any ideas please share them . Oh I saw the topsy turvy box in one of your first pics and was wondering if you were going to try it out ?? this is what it would look like
030127.JPG
027150.JPG
029134.JPG
023186.JPG
018279.JPG

Haha wow, I hope I am subscribed to your topsy-turvy journal. If not I would like to be. I want to see how those things flower

IN response to the short, bushy problem. I think it would be a prime time to hit your ladies hard with a defoliation. They will bounce back in no time. They seem a little small for 6.5 weeks but that may be because of the Topsy Turvy.

All in all, I'd rather have a short, bushy plant that is 5 inches but has branching and already 6 tops, than a very tall/slender plant with 1 top!!!

Back
Top Bottom