First Journal - Ghetto Closet Grow

And yeah I got the topsy turvy for christmas. Nice someone noticed that !!! HAHA, I don' think i'll be using it as it seems it uses a TON of soil lol. I'm not so sure... We'll see how yours turns out!

Looking great. You must really have Hybrid Vigor going in your favor. Your plants amaze me considering their age.

Thanks for the awesome comment! I too am excited about the growth rate. I began topping and LST as soon as it was possible.
The seed genetics are unknown, all I know is they are sativa dominant, so I've been trying to keep them as short as possible, with as many tops branched out as possible before they stretch in flower. We will see on the 28th how they've responded to their first massive defoliation at such a young age.

Here are some entertaining and sexy pictures of the flowers from these seeds. I have about 20-30 viable/mature seeds found in a "Sativa" shake ounce from the local dispensary. So it could be a mixed or limited bag of genetics. I will have to grow them all to find out once and for all!

photo_10_19.JPG
photo_9_25.JPG

These flowers were harvested as part of my first outdoor medical grow last year (after they were fully ripened of course)

I'm excited to see the growth since they had their first large defoliation. I also started a new batch of brew for fresh CO2 while I'm gone. I'm actually hoping that they grow vertically a little bit - it would't hurt at this point.:woohoo:

Next update will be Mo/28 , one week from the defol.

Just a fast drive by. Dude you going to need a winch to lst them little ladies. Them are stout ass trunks on them trees. Keepem Green

Just a fast drive by. Dude you going to need a winch to lst them little ladies. Them are stout ass trunks on them trees. Keepem Green

LOL, hilarious comment.

Yes I've tried to keep them "like a tea cup, short and stout" :nomo:
They had stubs on day 21!

Recently got an ounce of the sativa shake from the local dispensary, to my surprise, I found a giant, tiger striped bean, can't wait to grow and see what this sucker is! That nug sitting next to it was a little popcorn found along with the seed... hopefully its naturally feminized!:woohoo:
photo_13_29.JPG
photo_12_37.JPG
photo_14_21.JPG

Good Day!:peace:

im subbed for this as I will be doing the same method (defol & top/lst) next grow. Best of luck to you on a adventure you will never ever forget!!:thumb:

Thanks mate!!:welcome:
Great to have you!

DAY 28

Hi all, time for my much anticipated day 28 from sprout update. I am absolutely astonished with the structure of the plants. They not only recovered from their defoliation, but they came back stronger,bigger, and better than before. 6 days of pure seclusion with a steady flow of CO2, and no one to open the closet door to check on them every hour. They grew very much in accordance with their surroundings, I was somewhat expecting to see some leaves actually touching the light by now, but nope.

The amount of bushing going on tells me to give her another defoliation tonight... but today I will be watering the plants, drilling holes for LST, and doing a small amount of defoliation on the sites and branching that matter.

I am also very pleased to not see any nutrient burn, or any signs of nute lockout or buildup. Considering I have transplanted them into PURE Miracle Grow. I can't wait to start flowering and see what sexes I've got. Hope you all enjoy the amount of growth that is occured in 6 days as much as I do.

Onward...
photo_18_14.JPG
photo_14_22.JPG
photo_12_38.JPG
photo_13_30.JPG

I will probably provide an update later as I get some things done.
All the Best mates:Namaste::peace:

DAY 28 FOLLOW UP

Defoliated,LSTed, and watered.
CO2 is also still forming, but another batch will be brewed in a few days.
A small observation I noticed while defoliating, there seems to be an abundance of stipules forming in the genitalia regions of the plant.
photo_19_12.JPG
photo_14_23.JPG
photo_12_39.JPG
photo_13_31.JPG
photo_18_15.JPG

Overall, I'm happy with these branches. :allgood:
:peace:

Here's a shot of my seed collection, they're regular seeds (not feminized), but it contains an assortment of different genetics that have proven to me to be worthy. I've found them all from the shake ounces I get from my dispensary, I pay 100$ per oz, so this kick back on the seeds really saves money when I look at the prices on any site!
photo_12_40.JPG

And these are the beans I found just today, Woot!
photo_13_32.JPG

40 seeds total..
:Namaste:

Any opinions/feedback/criticisms are welcome on the defoliation/LST work, this was my first time applying these methods in all their glory. All in all, I'm still surprised as hell at their recovery, what an adventure it has been so far...:surf:

BTW, if anyone is overly-sedated, that little button that brings you to the most recent post, don't forget day 28 update is posts #54-56 :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cheers all!

Excellent looking little plants!!:bravo: I hope I can do half as well when my seeds actually come up. I'll be hanging around this grow also:Namaste:

Thanks mate! Glad to have you aboard.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom