First LED Grow Tent

420-magazine-mobile594460734.jpg

420-magazine-mobile555623968.jpg

Here my two girls so far. The first one popped through the soil a few days ago and the second was just yesterday morning. I have them both under a fluorescent light right now and they are all in solo cups. I still have 5 more to hopefully sprout soon. Ill update with pics every 5 days or so but we will see how it goes.
420-magazine-mobile1833589875.jpg

Sent from my LGUS375 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Subbed!

Hey mate, you can pickup a cheap grow tent for around 50-100 on ebay, well worth it in my opinion, they block all the light and the reflective interior increases lumens getting to your plant my 20-30%, also the built in vents are nifty..

Like you said, this will be a really good comparison to my grow as we are both running the same setup essentially, with the exception of nutrients of course.
although you got a few days head start so I better get cracking.
what strain is this btw?

Best of luck!:thumb:

Haha unfortunately they are bag seeds but if they are the seeds I think they are then they could be a strain my friend has grown for years. He referred to it as "tits up" so im not sure Haha. I think I will end up buying a tent though. I would like to eventually have 3 grows. One for seedlings another for veg and flower. So I might as well Haha.

Sent from my LGUS375 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Heah man if you've got the budget get either the fox farms trio, advanced nutrients trio or the General hydroponics trio, I'n addition to some cal/mag and some black strap molasses.
:thumb:

I'll be testing and reviewing the CYCO nutrients platinum series on my AK x BD grow.

Heah man if you've got the budget get either the fox farms trio, advanced nutrients trio or the General hydroponics trio, I'n addition to some cal/mag and some black strap molasses.
:thumb:

I'll be testing and reviewing the CYCO nutrients platinum series on my AK x BD grow.

You advise molasses for hydro?

I have to admit molasses with cannabis is something new to me. I knew that cannabis can't directly absorb the carbohydrates from molasses and couldn't figure out why people would use it so I looked into it. And everywhere I read confirmed this, but said that the molasses aided bacterial growth in the soil, thus freeing up the nutrients in the soil for uptake. It would seem to me that it really is of little to no value for hydro.

You advise molasses for hydro?

I have to admit molasses with cannabis is something new to me. I knew that cannabis can't directly absorb the carbohydrates from molasses and couldn't figure out why people would use it so I looked into it. And everywhere I read confirmed this, but said that the molasses aided bacterial growth in the soil, thus freeing up the nutrients in the soil for uptake. It would seem to me that it really is of little to no value for hydro.

Hey greengostarr,
Yeah the molasses is really much more beneficial for soil grows, but It's also very common for people to use supplements such as:

General Hydroponics - FloraNectar
Advanced Nutrients - Carbo load
Advanced Nutrients - Bud Candy

All of which are carbohydrate additives used in Hydroponic grows (DWC/NFT/KRATKY/F&D).

I'm assuming BigBrown is using soil as per the pics he has added to the journal so far,
But the trio's of hydroponic nutrients I'v recommended are AMAZING for soil growers also.

The addition of molasses is to essentially save $50-100 on carbohydrate additives, which is in essence the same as good ol' black strap molasses.

I'v noticed a 20-40% percent increase in resin production/trichomes just from one teaspoon of molasses into a 10 litre nutrient res fed all throughout the flowering cycle.

Hey greengostarr,
Yeah the molasses is really much more beneficial for soil grows, but It's also very common for people to use supplements such as:

General Hydroponics - FloraNectar
Advanced Nutrients - Carbo load
Advanced Nutrients - Bud Candy

All of which are carbohydrate additives used in Hydroponic grows (DWC/NFT/KRATKY/F&D).

I'm assuming BigBrown is using soil as per the pics he has added to the journal so far,
But the trio's of hydroponic nutrients I'v recommended are AMAZING for soil growers also.

The addition of molasses is to essentially save $50-100 on carbohydrate additives, which is in essence the same as good ol' black strap molasses.

I'v noticed a 20-40% percent increase in resin production/trichomes just from one teaspoon of molasses into a 10 litre nutrient res fed all throughout the flowering cycle.

Cheers GM,
I'm using the GH trio and I'll certainly look into this.

And yeah, my bad about the hydro/soil thing. I confused this grow with another one. :thumb:

Cheers GM,
I'm using the GH trio and I'll certainly look into this.

And yeah, my bad about the hydro/soil thing. I confused this grow with another one. :thumb:

No worries mate,
I can definitely vouch for molasses, when I first read about it I was like wtf? molasses?, but then it proved itself worthy 5 times over,
All the best with it mate, you wont look back.

So ive decided that im going to buy a tent but in the mean time I put together a small grow box that will work until I get my tent. I also ended up taking out the other five cups because they were duds. But I have another 12 seeds germinating ;) so hopefully they sprout soon. Will have more pics of the new years plants in a few days.

My First Indoor Grow(LED)

420-magazine-mobile112352439.jpg

Week 1
The smaller one on the right is about a day or two younger then the left. They both are growing great though :) my led should be set up soon so ill be able to see how they respond to that. But so far so good :)

My First Indoor Grow(LED)

Back
Top Bottom