First Time Grow

If you plan on using scissors, I would make sure they are cleaned with rubbing alcohol first. Also, I would do one plant and clean the scissors again before switching to the next.

FIMing, if done right, will give you a real bushy plant. You could get up to 8 shoots out of one FIM! Can't wait to see how you do. Good luck!

DSCF4444.jpg

DSCF4445.jpg

DSCF4446.jpg

DSCF4447.jpg

DSCF4448.jpg

DSCF4449.jpg

DSCF4450.jpg

DSCF4453.jpg

Looking great man! Next time you may want to get a little more soil in your pots, or cut the sides down to a better height. I try to fill up the pot to within 1" of the top. That way you don't have your girls getting all crowded in there. Other than that, they look really healthy. Good job man!

:bravo:

Yea.. im wondering what to do about that right now.. im afraid to cut and annoy the plant...

OK.. I cut down the bucket.. accidentally tore a leaf tip gah..

She will be fine. Cutting those buckets down will increase your light penetration and efficiency as well, which is very important when using CFL's.

Nice grow you got started. I just caught up on your journal and like what you have going. One word of advise I will give, don't try to take too much info in on your first grow. It can be very overwhelming.

The plant is a weed that is very hardy and hard to kill. I have been ongoing growing for the last year and have damaged a few plants by moving them, burned seedlings when only about 10 days old with lights and have super cropped some plants to a very thin plant and I have never killed a plant. You will try things and different things that work for other people won't necessarily work for you. I am still learning things myself and just now dialed in my style of grow that works for me. Now it is just tuning things in to improve it.

FIMing is a good thing to do and I do prefer it, if done right. Good luck and I will be watching this one.

....and if you do decide to top your plant, be sure to give it a extra about 3-4 weeks in veg from when you have topped a plant. I have tried to top a plant 1 week before flowering and the colas where smaller then the other plants. It didn't turn out as good as it could have and do not recommend it.

sorry to be so late to this but GREAT JOB!!! everything looks great so far

I am concerned about your pot size, your plants are getting to the point where they are going to take off anytime...you may want to think about transplanting to much bigger pots before the plants growth is stunted from lack of space for the roots to grow

Ok time for some updates..

Made some mistakes this week.. BOOOO

I gave my plants some mild nut burn. I caught it quick but still feel stupid for it.

Im very happy with one plants as she seems to be doing great however the second started growing off on an angle and never corrected it.. while it looks smaller it really isnt as it has the same amount of tiers as my taller plant. But due to the angle she appears to be hugging the ground.

I think i might correct this by putting some tension on the stem in the other direction today. otherwise they both look healthy other then some mild burn I made on the tips.

Im still going to veg for another 1-2 weeks and get some size ( maybe longer ). I have alot of room to work with in my closest and im not in a particular hurry to flower. I want to get as much experience on my first attempt before I move on to my larger scale project.

open question... The bigger and longer I let them veg does that increase my end yield of pot? or is there a sweet spot? (noob question)

Here are the pics

Happy birthdays girls 30 days today!

Back
Top Bottom