First Time Grow

Those are definitely pistils, however, it looks like you have a hermaphrodite. Keep an eye out and watch the underside of the branches, especially around the flowers and look for ball sacks. Some more pics in a few days will help too.

Are Hermies salvageable?? ...........

I think so? But you have to be vigilant about cutting off the nanners to avoid seeds.

The grow looks good, good job. :welldone: ...so far. :peace:

Those are definitely pistils, however, it looks like you have a hermaphrodite. Keep an eye out and watch the underside of the branches, especially around the flowers and look for ball sacks. Some more pics in a few days will help too.

Ya I agree,now the new pics are clear so there are defently some female flowers,but I think there are also some male in there as well,idk...

Are Hermies salvageable??

Yes. You've had bags with seeds in them, right? Most of those are fertilized female plants that were grown outdoors, however, sometimes they are cross-gender plants.

Contrary to common belief, you can use male plants for all types of things, including smoking, they just aren't as strong as unfertilized females (sensimilla).

Are Hermies salvageable??

Yeah, just watch them very closely and cut off any pollen sacs before they open. You'll end up with some seeds in your harvest, but they will be feminized. And seeds are expensive, so you'll at least be able to start a new grow for cheap.

Unfortunately, if you want to see what the pollen sacs look like, check out Growheart's grow... :(

ok... confirmation they are defiantly hermies.. I have spent that last hour ripping of about 50 male sacks... good grief.

They looked EXACTLY like this
180px-Cannabis_male_flowers.JPG

other then that the female parts are looking GREAT..

am i being moronic and desperate.

Should I just scrap it..

Personal choice MM,

Some would prefer to grow em out and get some seeds and bud, others scrap it. Only you can decide! A tough choice for sure.

Goodluck!

Edit: I believe female seeds have a greater chance to hermie. I know I've seen a lot of people's fem seeds end up being males or hermies lately. Scary since your paying significantly more for the fems.

:peacetwo:

Marley

Yeah i was sure they were hermie that looked really familiar. I had about 20 outdoor go hermie a couple summers ago... Some local jackasses snatched em thinkin they made out like bandits hahaha but if i was you Mardo i'd keep them for the seeds and go for another try. I had one plant that survived the snatch n run and it provided me with female seeds that produced my best indoor yield yet.

Sorry about the hermies buddy. I'd keep plucking the sacs, a poster who's no longer here did that and it worked out pretty well. I don't think I'd want the seeds myself, they should be fem'd but they'd also be hermie prone imo. Good luck buddy.

Hey man sorry to hear about he herimies guy.

I rate i'd also keep it and use the seeds hey

But ur choice bud, good luck

Peace

What are the chances of germing 2 feminzied seeds and coming up with 2 hermies..

I heard that feminized can be more prone to hermie..or I just have the WORST luck?

Definitely keep it. It's only like another month until you'll have weed and more seeds, and you'll have the experience of the flowering process too.

If I were you I'd turn off any fans or air circulation. If you miss a pod and it opens, you don't want the pollen getting blown around the room. That may be a good tradeoff for increased temp.

I already plucked all the male balls. I did some research feminized that go hermie also has a great chance for their seeds to go hermie.. I don't want to be constantly dealing with this as Id really need some product top battle my fibromyalgia.

Im 2 weeks into flower and for CFL they appear to be right on track.

I wouldn't want to fool with that either Mardo, grows give you enough to do. And when they get seeded I've heard that prolongs flowering, maybe that's why my last batch took forever.

Post some pics when you get a chance!

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom