First Time Grower! 2x4x5 Tent With 400W MH/HPS Growing Critical+ 2.0 Photo

Oh Dutch you truly are my best BUD, get it since tomorrow marks the start of a new week for the girls I believe they’ll go on to 12/12 tomorrow. Right now the light runs from 7pm-1pm so I’m thinking once the lights turn on again tonight I’ll switch the timer so it shuts off at 7 am instead of 1pm. I’m thinking I’ll grab a 4” and a 6” for venting purposes. Thanks Dutch

hello folks, been a while since I've been on but alas, here I am! today marks day 8 of flowering for the critical girls and they're looking dandy! Got the odd light leaf but I just upped the nutes so I'm hoping that corrects any deficiency they may have. The girls are stretching a little bit but not as much as I had originally hoped. We've still hopefully got 2 weeks of stretching left so I'm hoping the girls finish at about 2 feet. I'm going to be more open with giving nutes on my next run as I feel like it may have had something to do with the very limited vertical growth I was having, or maybe I was just defoliating too much? or maybe I was tying them down too much?who knows. I'll just defoliate less next run, be a little more giving with the nutrients, and start tying down earlier and more efficiently. My 4 auto's are doing well, they're on day 15 today and pushing out their 4'th nodes. I'm not gonna do many photo updates on them because I don't want the journal to get too cluttered bouncing back in forth, but I will provide updates here and there! anyways, check out the girls :D
flowering day 8.jpg
flowering day 8 (2).jpg
flowering day 8 (3).jpg

Noice noice! You should start a second journal for the autos then! Haha!

Oh Dutch you truly are my best BUD, get it since tomorrow marks the start of a new week for the girls I believe they’ll go on to 12/12 tomorrow. Right now the light runs from 7pm-1pm so I’m thinking once the lights turn on again tonight I’ll switch the timer so it shuts off at 7 am instead of 1pm. I’m thinking I’ll grab a 4” and a 6” for venting purposes. Thanks Dutch

You know I’m here for you haha! Hope you got all the heat issues figured out!

hey everybody and merry christmas! today marks day 13 of flower for the critical girls! budlets are developing nicely but I'm still having trouble with yellowing leaves :/ I upped the nutes by 1 ml/gallon today so we'll see what happens.. also added some calmag into the nutrients to see if it helps at all. Today I gave 5ml floraMicro, 2ml floragro, and 6ml florabloom with an added 3ml of calmag. 1 gallon each plant and they're drinking it up quickly these days! I may start giving 1.5 gallons per feeding if the leaves are still yellowing. I hope yall have a very merry christmas :Namaste::Namaste:
48408350_761838380849170_4782190374628098048_n.jpg
48417956_307258263245043_203244900488052736_n.jpg
48984788_338748933376485_2848139289542262784_n.jpg
49044852_328212251239596_5290289317892063232_n.jpg
49145535_749526245413593_3904754050981167104_n.jpg

Alright everybody, the new year is getting off to a kick ass start, @Dutchman1990 gave me a hand with my nutrients and we were able to get my nutrient deficiency sorted out and the girls have showed no more signs of yellowing. Last night i went through and stripped off all the damaged leaves so that I'm able to closely monitor any additional yellowing. yesterday was day 21 for the girls and they're starting to stack and fatten up very nicely! This critical+2.0 strain is listed as 45-50 days flowering and a fellow user on the website has confirmed that timeline so we're almost half way :) they're drinking a gallon every 2 days or so as of right now so they're drinking up a storm! I apologize for the lack effort i've been putting forth in the journal lately, things have just been bit crazy around the house. anyways, here's some pics for you guys! I've also started a separate journal for my 4 auto flowers which you can find right here: Playerunknown's Auto Grow In Coco!
day 21 flower.jpg
day 21 flower1.jpg
day 21 flower2.jpg
day 21 flower3.jpg
day 21 flower4.jpg

hey folks, today marks day 26 of flower of roughly 45-50. Things are kind of just on auto pilot in the tent. Buds are looking nice, getting really excited to see how they continue to stack and can't wait to see them swell and get fat fat fat!!!
flower day 26 1.jpg
flower day 26 2.jpg
flower day 26 3.jpg

Attachments

• flower day 26.jpg
    flower day 26.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 129
cool. I am doing my first grow with a tent (4th grow overall). same setup but with 250HPS, non vented, and a 45w spectrum. Using 4in inline inlet (temp controlled) and 4in exhaust to the attic. Foxfarm soil and nutes...lemon for ph. and a 8in fan. It's packed in there (2x4x5) but with bending will try to keep them lower, especially since I am vegging a landrace strain (Jamaican bluemountain)...now I have to sex them and see what I have left of 9 plants. Hopefully the 4-5 that are fem won't be too full for this. I do have a 150hps I may add during flowering if the temps will hold.
DSCN1338.JPG
DSCN1336.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1337.JPG
    DSCN1337.JPG
    481.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1338.JPG
    DSCN1338.JPG
    786.5 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN1335.JPG
    DSCN1335.JPG
    645.4 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1335.JPG
    DSCN1335.JPG
    645.4 KB · Views: 140
hey folks, today marks day 26 of flower of roughly 45-50. Things are kind of just on auto pilot in the tent. Buds are looking nice, getting really excited to see how they continue to stack and can't wait to see them swell and get fat fat fat!!!
flower day 26 1.jpg
flower day 26 2.jpg
flower day 26 3.jpg
Looking awesome bud!i know I’m late but I’m tagging along for the ride till harvest!!hope you don’t mind :)

I’ve got a similar setup going. Just started a few days ago. Check it out in a few weeks...Also my first indoor. Your grow has me excited and I will use the tips I’ve learned here!

Looking awesome bud!i know I’m late but I’m tagging along for the ride till harvest!!hope you don’t mind :)

I’ve got a similar setup going. Just started a few days ago. Check it out in a few weeks...Also my first indoor. Your grow has me excited and I will use the tips I’ve learned here!
Glad to have you around!! Today’s day 31 of 45-50 so we’re getting into the final stretch! I’ll be doing an update in about an hour as soon as the little one is In bed :Namaste:

hello everyone! I hope everyone's enjoying playoff football for any NFL fans! Today is day 31 of 45-50 for these critical+2.0 girls. I've been having some leaf problems in the way of brown spots on some upper leaves and lots of yellowing/falling off leaves but I feel as if that's just the plant cannibalizing its lower leaves. I've lost the name tags on 2 of the plants so I've renamed them good pheno and meh pheno and then there's mack who has been a strong plant from the beginning. I've got my seeds for the next grow that I'm going to do. I've got 3 White widow x Big Bud from femaleseeds and 1 gorilla zkittlez by barneys farm. I'm very very very excited to do the Zkittlez, I'm going to try to get another seed from my buddy so I can hopefully do 2 and 2. I noticed for the first time today some of the pistils starting to turn orange :p Good pheno I've noticesd has a nice bud structure, very well stacked and starting to fatten up nicely. Mack is the same but a bit shorter yet still quite fat. When it comes to meh pheno it's as it's name suggest... "meh".
good pheno day 31 flower 1.jpg
good pheno day 31 flower 2.jpg
good pheno day 31 flower 3.jpg
brown spots in flower.jpg
mack flower day 31 1.jpg
mack flower day 31 2.jpg
mack flower day 31 3.jpg
meh pheno day 31 flower 1.jpg
meh pheno day 31 flower 2.jpg
Well here's some photos and let the countdown to harvest begin!!

Hey Player! Those girls are looking great and are stacking up nicely! Looks like some frosty goodness is piling on as well!

The spotting and yellowing looks to be pH or calmag related still. I would look into getting a PH pen and narrowing in your ph ranges. Once they are in line the calmag should be uptaken when fed in the right range. Low pH will cause calcium deficiencies but once you sort out the pH it can take a few days for the plant to show the correction, so don't swing one way or too far the other way.

Keep track and see if you are seeing new spots before bumping the calmag. If it settles and sorts out you will know where to make notes!

Buds are forming very nicely, well done @playerunknown !
I also seemed to start getting those lime-green/yellowing on the bottom leaves leaves of my outdoors girls. Seems it was also a cal-mag deficiency.fed them cal-mag this week and seems they’re doing much better.

You might want do the same as the problem can spiral out of control if kept unchecked according to some of the folks on the forum. And it’s very cheap!

*note, I agree with @Dutchman1990 that the cause might be low ph water. Because my problems started after a few waterings with natural fresh spring water (that i collect in the mountains closeby, with a very low ph of 4,5). But after bringing the waters ph up and using cal-mag it seems to be getting better. Only been 2/3 days tho.....

I wouldn’t want your pretty girls to turn all yellow after all this great work so far

Buds are forming very nicely, well done @playerunknown !
I also seemed to start getting those lime-green/yellowing on the bottom leaves leaves of my outdoors girls. Seems it was also a cal-mag deficiency.fed them cal-mag this week and seems they’re doing much better.

You might want do the same as the problem can spiral out of control if kept unchecked according to some of the folks on the forum. And it’s very cheap!

*note, I agree with @Dutchman1990 that the cause might be low ph water. Because my problems started after a few waterings with natural fresh spring water (that i collect in the mountains closeby, with a very low ph of 4,5). But after bringing the waters ph up and using cal-mag it seems to be getting better. Only been 2/3 days tho.....

I wouldn’t want your pretty girls to turn all yellow after all this great work so far
Thanks a lot smoke! I’m gonna invest in a ph pen as dutch said to help get a more accurate reading and see if the ph is indeed the problem.

Hey,

Hope you don't mind me following along. Saw your in Colorado. I'm in Pueblo West Colorado. First time grower just trying to get new information and see what others are growing. Your grow looks great. Nice setup. Bet there are things you would do differently. That drives me nuts. Anyway, nice grow. Bet their smelling good about now. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20190110_025711.jpg
    20190110_025711.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 135
Hey,

Hope you don't mind me following along. Saw your in Colorado. I'm in Pueblo West Colorado. First time grower just trying to get new information and see what others are growing. Your grow looks great. Nice setup. Bet there are things you would do differently. That drives me nuts. Anyway, nice grow. Bet their smelling good about now. Cheers.

Hey man nice to have you along! I'm actually not in Colorado, I'm located in canada :) however I am a broncos fan. If you have any questions don't be shy to ask!

So I ordered a PH pen off of amazon today and it'll be here by tuesday! hopefully the girls can last until then without another feeding so I can try to dial in this problem. I'm noticing the plants getting stinkier and stinkier every day so that's a bonus :)

Pictures ! Lol how’s Mack momma doing

Back
Top Bottom