First Time Grower - Dinafem Blue Widow

Just saw you said the RH was 65-70%, you should try to get that below 60% to prevent mold and bugs from showing up

I'm trying my best to get the RH to drop. It's going to be hard for me to do that, as I have ONA gel in the room that my tent is in so to cut down on the smells traveling up through the house. So I have to keep my tent as closed off as possible to keep the ONA gel from ruining the smell and taste of the flowers.

Day 75/ Day 27 Flower, this morning I gave her a little more water about a half gallon worth. I think come Friday or Saturday I'll feed her. Inspected her today and found no new pollen sacs on her, hopefully by not really doing anything to her the last few days has helped as well. I raised the light a little higher in hope of mimicking the natural rotation of the sun in late fall and I decreased the light time by 30 minutes so the cycle is 11.5/12.5. The flowers are starting to really smell like blueberry muffins! I've noticed that some of the pistils are starting to turn Amber, I'm hoping as I've just learned that Widow plants go through many pistil stages before final harvest, and that is all she is doing. So I've promised a photo of the trichomes with the microscope so you can see just how frosty she really is. So without further delay,
image26789.jpg
image26790.jpg
image26791.jpg
image26792.jpg

Day 76/ Day 28, not much really to note about her today. I fed her today, just a half gallon, judging by the half dryness of the soil she's really starting to drink. Today I bit the bullet and bought an inline fan with a carbon filter. I can't get the RH down to 50-55 with the ONA gel in the area without messing up the plant. Shipment comes in on the 17th so the 18th it'll be up and running and I'll put the ONA gel away and she should really enjoy the extra fresh air, plus come winter time it'll help out all my other plants as well.

I have the same problem, I cant get a picture passed 30x.
Good to hear you are adding the inline/carbonfilter. They are not only great for the RH but also smell/fresh air. They are looking good tho�� should swell noticeably the next week-10 days. Are you feeding today??

I actually fed yesterday morning, I haven't looked at her yet today to see how well she took to the feeding. I varied a bit from Fox Farms recommendations. Instead of 2tsp of tiger bloom I went with 3tsp. Tiger Bloom is formulated for the production and development of the flowers. I hope your right about the flowers about to swell up in the next 10 days. At the moment I don't think I'm anywhere near the ounce I'm hoping for on my first grow.

Gratz on the inline fan! I'd hate to see you lose your plants to mold or something dumb like that

Thank you. Yea, I figured with the difficulty I'm having trying to keep the RH below 65%, I'd better just spend the money and correct that, instead of losing my plant at the tail end of the grow.

Day 78/ Day 30 Flower, so I think I've managed to bring the RH down in my tent. The last two days the day time high was 65%. As it sits right now it's sitting at 57%. I know once I get my fan and filter installed the fluctuations in RH will be less and I won't have to worry about mold. I've deviated from Fox Farms recommendations for feeding. I've up the Tiger Bloom to 3tsp instead of two and added another 1/4tsp of Cha Ching bring that up to 1/2tsp. Really trying to make the flowers develop to the best of their ability. I've also come to the decision that for my next grow I'm going to go with two different plants. I'm going to go with autos and see how I do with them before moving onto a sativa. The two plants in going to grow are an Auto Blueberry and Auto Moby Dick. I'll keep them in 2gal containers to keep them to a moderate size.

Day 79/ Day 31 Flower, nothing to note about today. Nothing has happen that I can tell at least. The RH has drastically dropped from the 70's to the low 60's - high 50's. Temp still remained up in the high 70's degree F. Not all I can do is keep feeding her and watering her till the end. According to Dinafem that is in the next 24 days, so we shall see if she's ready at the time.

Day 79/ Day 31 Flower, nothing to note about today. Nothing has happen that I can tell at least. The RH has drastically dropped from the 70's to the low 60's - high 50's. Temp still remained up in the high 70's degree F. Not all I can do is keep feeding her and watering her till the end. According to Dinafem that is in the next 24 days, so we shall see if she's ready at the time.
I have come to notice with most seed companies take the plant 7-14 days longer than what the packaging says, but mostly check your trichomes and mess around with the percentage of cloudy vs amber to change the high slightly. You will find your preference of when to pull based on trichome production!

Day 80, 81/ Day 32, 33 Flower, sorry for missing a day, life has gotten pretty busy. As for our lady, nothing new and exciting has happen. I watered her this morning, flowers still look as they have for the last two weeks. On other news my fan and filter arrived today, still awaiting the hose and brackets to hold the fan and filter up on the top of the tent. Rah still hovering around the high 50's low 60's.

Back
Top Bottom