First time grower second try first might be dying

This is I could get now... what other one do I need ... and I can't find a ph water tester

PH testers are all over the usual web shopping spots for $10 - $20. Do NOT buy one of those probe testers designed for soil. They do not work.

AND I DEF gonna have to buy a ph tester b4 I give them the water with the nutes right... if not I'll Def burn them

IDK what your soil is, but soil is usually an excellent buffer against ph swings. I don't adjust the ph of my water or nutrients when in soil.

Great chart Major. I share your same concern about mold. It was my first and constant enemy. I had a look last night at my temp/rh and looks like I'm sweet or slightly dry at times.
:wood:

Tony, those nutes have micro in them so yeah, just those two for the nutrient nutrients. I'd still say that you should at least find out where you can get silica and some anti fungal. You may not need them. And if you find you do, your plants won't die before you get some.

I agree that in soil you have a much more forgiving medium for your Ph, and if things go well, you probably won't need to fret over your ph. But that's a big IF, and my nightmare is still fresh, so I will say get a ph testing pen. They're 8-20$ on amanzn. Call it 10$ peace of mind ^^.

And the ph tester is to basically make sure the porridge is the right temp for goldielocks. She doesn't like to eat nutrients when they're in a soup that's too high or too low ph.

Burning the plant comes from overloading the amount of nutrients, and that's why you start at 1/4 or 1/2 the recommended amount.

20151018_104832.jpg
20151018_104746.jpg
20151017_214705.jpg
20151017_214656.jpg
20151018_104541.jpg

Organic with the bigger sis and the potting with the lil sis. ..and is it to cold should I put heating blanket. .. cuz that the temp with lights on and it's getting cold now outside so temp might drop more

66 is fairly low as most of what I've read has been mid upper 70's and some people like low 80's. I can't say what may happen, but I'd think it might be slower growth, but the plant won't die unless it freezes or close to frost temps. The humidity is low though. The chart the Major posted indicates you should be in the mid 50s or better there. Just place some open water in there and see how the rh moves. From the chart 66 is a ok temp as well.

Without anyone else chiming in if that temp is really low or not, what I'd do is be ready to put the blanket on, but wait and see what the temps are once you get the light arranged and the area closed up. You'll be going up to six lights, and while it's not a big heat source, it will alter the temps.

So I put a 1/4 of each nute I had posted earlier ... or the equivalent to the 1/4 tsp they said ..for the big sis.. hopefully it will make her feel better..again trial and error and the bit of info you guys gave me.. I won't learn unless I try... I will always come across another seed or eventually go thru some site

Yeah, if the call for a tsp, then 1/4 of that.

It may seem daunting, and it is difficult if you run into problems. But it's fun, and it's not really easy to kill these things. When you're finished your first grow, it won't seem so difficult anymore.

please all opinions... advice. .help .. is appreciated. . So I put the tiger bloom and grow big ...1/4 tsp like it says o the bottle which didn't look like much... but I looked up 1/4tsp in ML measurement and its 1 ML fluid .. I'm using a 10 ML syringe. . So I put 1ML of each in a gallon of water and gave it to the big sis plant to see of it saves it or kills it more.. so I'm taking a chance...leaves are all yellow and droopy so I'm learning at the same time... see what happens
20151019_103032.jpg
20151017_214705.jpg

Ok so this is a pic of lil sis.. my baby.. I've been writing down everything I have done so far and been doing a 2 day watering schedule or lift method to see if it's heavy still... so my question is do I need to feed it any thing know or wait a week or 2 and just give it straight water..
20151019_151735.jpg
20151019_151740.jpg
it's about almost a week old 4 day maybe

Ok just off hand, a 2 day watering schedule sounds like you're overwatering from the begining. Seedlings don't drink much. Don't keep the soil moist, or you will invite root rot and can drown the plant. Let the soil dry to the touch down half a inch for now. That will take more than a few days unless it's really dry where you are. In a week or so when they are in larger pots, you can begin to check how much the dry pot weighs vs right after watering, and use that method to see when to water.

The seedlings deep in cups, I would cut the edges of the cups down, so air can move better around the plant. Down in a hole, that air is basically stagnant. And your first plant is stretching badly. You want to keep the lights low over the plants now, or they will stretch to reach it, and become lanky and unable to support thier buds, or just unmanageable.

Also, when you're using tools to mix your nutes, make sure to rinse them off every time you stick them into a bottle to draw out nutes. The nutes are in two or more bottles because they must be mixed in water. If you mix them together without water, you can get reactions between them and basically ruin the nutrients.

Fiac.. thank you for your advise.. I know I ask alot of questions don't want to annoy everyone..so my question about the cuts in the cup should I slice lil slit's at the bottom of the cup or half way down... and my grow box is very small so I put 3 100w and it's about inch -inch 1/2 over the plants...and the soil feels dry after 2-3 days later and I stick a finger down about a inch 1/2 feel lil moist. .so I will water then..or ju st wait about 5 days to water..

I've also noticed that the bottom of the cup is super dry where the drain holes are .. so I think I'm going to water it today... and also when i water should I water till I see water draining out of the bottom..

Fiac.. thank you for your advise.. I know I ask alot of questions don't want to annoy everyone..so my question about the cuts in the cup should I slice lil slit's at the bottom of the cup or half way down... and my grow box is very small so I put 3 100w and it's about inch -inch 1/2 over the plants...and the soil feels dry after 2-3 days later and I stick a finger down about a inch 1/2 feel lil moist. .so I will water then..or ju st wait about 5 days to water..

sticking your finger in the soil to figure out if the bottom, where the roots are, is dry, is a exercise in futility. Learn the lift method instead, and stop overwatering. Forget the calendar and counting days... let the plant tell you when she is dry with her weight... if you feel any water weight at all... wait another 12 hours. Weeds thrive by having a clear wet/dry cycle. Watering too often can easily kill your plant.

Back
Top Bottom