First Time Indoor Grow - Need Your Help

I think this is a good idea however can I attend to the tent during dark hours? It’s about the only time I will have available to water etc.
For veg if you run 18/6 it gives you plenty of time during the day to do plant things, and when you go to 12/12 you can just make sure there is an hour of lights on when you're also awake. I don't know anyone who is only up for 12 hours a day!
But also light in the green spectrum should let you see for extended periods of time without bugging their rest period.
As I recall it's got to be a very specific spectrum of green to not interrupt the night cycle, so I'd research that if that's part of the plan.

Gonna use this as a quick guide to start off with.
I’ll let that seeding get a few more leaves first I think.
will monitor heat in tent and shed. (cutting a window in the shed for air flow)
will also monitor lux values and post them.

thanks for all the help so far….makes me realise it’s not as easy as I thought for the first time.
IMG_1572.jpeg

It would be easier inside the house where the temperature would be more stable. Environmental control will probably be your biggest challenge.

The window should help if you have another opening to pull air from in the shed. If you put a 2 foot box fan blowing out of the window it will pull outside air in from the other opening. Then the shed temp will more closely match the outside air temp.

It would be easier inside the house where the temperature would be more stable. Environmental control will probably be your biggest challenge.

The window should help if you have another opening to pull air from in the shed. If you put a 2 foot box fan blowing out of the window it will pull outside air in from the other opening. Then the shed temp will more closely match the outside air temp.
Unfortunately due to kids etc…..in the house is not an option
I’ll do my best

if adding a window is an option later on then maybe just give it a go as is and see what happens.
If it's too bad you can make a few changes or even grow during the colder months and break during the summer.
You'd probably be able to squeeze in two cycles still a year and avoid the worst of the heat.

if adding a window is an option later on then maybe just give it a go as is and see what happens.
If it's too bad you can make a few changes or even grow during the colder months and break during the summer.
You'd probably be able to squeeze in two cycles still a year and avoid the worst of the heat.
Would love to wait till winter but I’m fresh out of product in about 4 months…..so time is ticking away.
Just need these seeds to finally germinate

What heights and % dimmage did you use with the SP 3000?
got any pics?
Currently the light is about 20 inches from the top of the canopy. Giving the girls a PPFD of about 450. Hope this helps.

Cheers and happy growing

20230924_072152.jpg

20230924_071928.jpg

Screenshot_20230924-072051_Photone.jpg

Ok…..so after 3 weeks finally I’ve had two seeds germinate. Fingers crossed they survive.
thought it would be a good time to complete the tent set up and get the seedlings in.
IMG_4407.jpeg

I’ve made a 90mm induction pipe with an insect screen and positioned it to suck air from the coolest cor of the tent.
IMG_4400.jpeg

Have adjusted light settings and height to give me the following LUX value.
IMG_4405.jpeg

have set timer to have dark hours between 9am and 3pm to try and keep the heat down.

Lights have run their first cycle and switching on and off properly.

Temp and humidity at 4pm this afternoon were 28°C and 36% humidity.
IMG_4418.jpeg

LUX recommendations for seedlings are 5000-7000
SP3000 recommended settings for seedlings are 450mm height and 25% dimmer
I had to raise the light and reduce the dimmer to get 7000 LUX
Today without any changes, the LUX is 8900 Is this going to affect growth? Not sure how much more dimming the light has and height is at maximum.
IMG_4417.jpeg

Lights have run their first cycle and switching on and off properly.

Temp and humidity at 4pm this afternoon were 28°C and 36% humidity.
IMG_4418.jpeg

LUX recommendations for seedlings are 5000-7000
SP3000 recommended settings for seedlings are 450mm height and 25% dimmer
I had to raise the light and reduce the dimmer to get 7000 LUX
Today without any changes, the LUX is 8900 Is this going to affect growth? Not sure how much more dimming the light has and height is at maximum.
IMG_4417.jpeg
Is that reading from the actual height and rough position of the seedling?

Back
Top Bottom