First timer.organic indoor grow.low budget

ya2.jpg

gettin ready for the re-pot. i need to know sex lol.

8888.JPG

9_8_091.JPG

8881.JPG

update pics. re-poted them with new soil hope it helps them. looks like they love it already!

any more info from here would help thanks.

Hello razorsracing Ive just had a read through your journal and i think you've done a real got job at listening to peoples advice! you've really sorted those seedlings out they look much better now. Well done and good luck.

thanks man. ya my friend showed me the site...ever since ive been hooked lol. and if theres anymore pointers out there lmk. i just found the hydro shop up here thats where i picked up the soil...good price too. like 17bucks.

Good job on the transplant, they're going to love that new soil. Keep it up

thanks man. i was very carful to not rip to many roots or put too much stress on the plants. i think there loving it too. anymore info?

the question i wanted to ask was on one of the previous pages. is there a way i could see sex early? what do i need to buy? i really wanna get the guys out now if any..i have no use for them and if they are there just takin up space..lol.:roorrip::thanks:

there is really no sure way to tell the sex until the plant has matured. However, I can tell you that males will typically be more vigorous than females. This also causes them to show sex sooner than girls will.

Fantastic!! +reps on all the new goodies. The girls look very happy and green. Very nice choice on the fox farm ocean its a very good medium for growing marijuana.
Keep up the good work!

there is really no sure way to tell the sex until the plant has matured. However, I can tell you that males will typically be more vigorous than females. This also causes them to show sex sooner than girls will.

alright thanks alot again man. that helps.

Fantastic!! +reps on all the new goodies. The girls look very happy and green. Very nice choice on the fox farm ocean its a very good medium for growing marijuana.
Keep up the good work!

thank you. there loving it. keep the info comming guys.:cheer:

Well a 70watt HPS like you have is good for 2 large flowering plants at most. It puts out around 6000 lumen. That's the equivalent to a little less than four 23watt (100w equiv) CFL's. If you can not have more lights, then I would choose the best 2 plants (after sexing of course) and trash the others (i know it's a sad thing). I read across some of your earlier posts and you may have mentioned you have more than 1 HPS light running, is this true? If so you can have more plants ;)
For now though you need to find out the sex of your plants so you can get rid of the males. The time you go into flowering (and in turn decipher sex)depicts how large your plants will be. The plants will become roughly 3 times the size they are when you first switch to a 12/12 lighting schedule. This is assuming that you go to 12/12 when the plants are showing preflowers already, not when they are still seedlings.
My hypothesis for the reason you are able use the 70 watt light for all 8 plants right now is because in veg stage the only negative circumstance of insufficient lighting is a slowed growth. The negative circumstance of poor lighting during flowering is that the plant would mature before coming close to reaching it's maximum yield potential. Keep in mind this is a hypothesis, I'm not a marijuana god... yet ;) Maybe in a decade or so.

Any other questions? I love brain storming about pot lol
Edit: BTW your 70w HPS is perfect for one plant just so ya know. Sorry if this is bummer news.

Well a 70watt HPS like you have is good for 2 large flowering plants at most. It puts out around 6000 lumen. That's the equivalent to a little less than four 23watt (100w equiv) CFL's. If you can not have more lights, then I would choose the best 2 plants (after sexing of course) and trash the others (i know it's a sad thing). I read across some of your earlier posts and you may have mentioned you have more than 1 HPS light running, is this true? If so you can have more plants ;)
For now though you need to find out the sex of your plants so you can get rid of the males. The time you go into flowering (and in turn decipher sex)depicts how large your plants will be. The plants will become roughly 3 times the size they are when you first switch to a 12/12 lighting schedule. This is assuming that you go to 12/12 when the plants are showing preflowers already, not when they are still seedlings.
My hypothesis for the reason you are able use the 70 watt light for all 8 plants right now is because in veg stage the only negative circumstance of insufficient lighting is a slowed growth. The negative circumstance of poor lighting during flowering is that the plant would mature before coming close to reaching it's maximum yield potential. Keep in mind this is a hypothesis, I'm not a marijuana god... yet ;) Maybe in a decade or so.

Any other questions? I love brain storming about pot lol
Edit: BTW your 70w HPS is perfect for one plant just so ya know. Sorry if this is bummer news.

thanks for the info. there is two in there and they are 70watts each lmk wha those could do. if not i might be able to get my hands on a 400watt set up.

Hello razorsracing Great job:cheer:

If nothing else throw some CFLs in there. Any more light will well help to fill in for what the HPS can't cover well. Anything to get more Lumens in there.

Nice grow :peace:

thanks alot man. im gonna try to do what i can to keep all the females. i just topped all the plants just now 09/12/09. ill post pics.:thanks:

09/12/09 topped

121212.JPG

9_12_9.JPG

this is me just testin out the water to see if it could make the plant root since i dont really know the sex an i could just be cloning a male.lol

12121212.JPG

i have another question..

i wanted to know if it was safe/smart to change the light times? i have it at 18/6 still right now if i were to put it to 12/12 would that help me make them show sex? lmk asap thanks alot.

Yes unless you wait about 6 weeks, the plants are not going to show sex until you switch the lights to 12/12. Since you have 2 70watt lights you can safely have 4 plants :) I can already see them

so u mean i have to wait 6 weeks to show sex? or i could do the 12/12 now and show sex? lmk. or can u see the sex?

Back
Top Bottom