First week of seedling - Help please

toastman93

so this is the fifth day of growth and i notice the tips of the first leaves appear to have white little strips coming off and i noticed two white spots under the sprout. at first i figured it would be a spider mite infestation but i didn't notice anything moving and the white spots appear to be attached to the plant when poking at it. I also put diatomaceous earth surrounding the plant before i even planted the seed. please help any advise would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

Should i be worried or is this normal?

Welcome toast!
You need to upload your photos to a gallery of your own here on 420. Then you can add them to your posts for assistance.
Good luck.

unnameda.jpg
unnamed50.jpg
unnameda.jpg
unnameda.jpg
unnameda.jpg
unnameda.jpg
unnameda.jpg
unnamed50.jpg
unnamed50.jpg
unnameda.jpg
unnamed50.jpg

That's a lot of photos!
I'd let it ride and see what the next set of leaves look like. If you have an issue, I can't tell what it is.
I see something on the stem but can't tell what it is. If you have mites, a seedling that small won't take a lot of action to eliminate them. Can you get a magnified (30x, or more) look at the stem and underside of the leaves?

I don't want to assume anything.Do you have drain holes in the bottom of those cups?

yes i do... i also start the seedling at the floor but moved it up with a stack of games because it started to stretch really long, i eventually covered some of the stem with dirt.. maybe the change of light shocked it a bit?

yes i do... i also start the seedling at the floor but moved it up with a stack of games because it started to stretch really long, i eventually covered some of the stem with dirt.. maybe the change of light shocked it a bit?

Possible, but it looks like you are using a flourescent light (T5?). They should be fine with that unless the plant is virtually touching the bulb.

yes i am using flourescent light, I'm not checking ph level on water tho, maybe that could be a factor

What is your soil? Most potting mixes designed for our crop of choice is already the correct PH and is buffered.

i am using fox farm ocean forest

Then your soil is already around 6.5 PH. You should be good to go with w/o adjusting.
If you do decide to monitor PH, consider measuring the runoff. I's see what you get there before lowering it more.

High Toastman

If you are using that FF at full strength you might be burning her. I see a lot of folks having troubles with FF. Short of flushing out some of the nutes there's not a lot you can do to lower the nute levels. Best to mix that stuff half and half with something that has no nutes like ProMix. Could make some up and scoop her out and repot it if you feel up to it.

If she wants to fall over just put a small stick in beside it and while tying a twist teie firmly to the stick make a loose loop around the stem just under the head. Once it gets bigger it'll toughen up and be OK if you keep the fluoros nice and close like 2" above it.

L8r

image1937.jpeg

Thanks for the input! i didn't have a fan going before but i just added one on low for air circulation. btw when u say repot it r u talking about transferring it? i have to go over to a medium pot anyway cause idk the gender yet.

Back
Top Bottom