Flashmp3's Green Crack x Blue Dream Rockwool Revenge

Trim some more branches. Remove the smaller plants. Your plants may not develop kolas on its best day. That seems to be more of an Indica thing. Not always as most are hybrids these days. If your plants CAN develop kolas they will need more access to light all the way down

When you talk about the smaller ones you mean removing the small pot? I will definitely follow your advice and trim more in the morning

I got you. I agree. I should have vegged less. 3 weeks instead of 2. This would have allowed more space. Now I don't have choice anymore. Except defoliation I don't see anything I can do to hope to develop nice Colas! I m so opened to any advice!

I think next time I'd just run half the plants. You have 5 plants in each box right? I think I'd just do two (maybe 3?) max and train them to fill the space. I just did this with my scrog a week or so ago but I cut off a ton of stuff that was just little or super thin branching. A lot of it was branches that stem off of a main one and are really long and thin. They've stretched so they can get light but really the budding on them is weak and the stacking is usually pretty elongated as well. The really thin stuff (no matter how long it is) just won't hold the weight of the colas up.

You can also look at the budding that is going on. Some branches will have stacked nicely and others are just thin with one or two little budsights on them. Personally I'd just start getting rid of the weak stuff. It's pretty evident in what I am talking about if you look at any of the pictures where you feature the boxes with 5 plants in them. You might not have this issue if you just didn't plant the middle plant in those boxes as well but the middle has one full plant plus 4 other sides of plants growing into it and it will have to be thinned.

Trim some more branches. Remove the smaller plants. Your plants may not develop kolas on its best day. That seems to be more of an Indica thing. Not always as most are hybrids these days. If your plants CAN develop kolas they will need more access to light all the way down

I m wondering if it s not the terpinator. I ve read different people reporting having small nugs with it. Last grow I thought using it by foliar spraying was the reason the buds had slow growth but maybe i m unlucky with it

I think next time I'd just run half the plants. You have 5 plants in each box right? I think I'd just do two (maybe 3?) max and train them to fill the space. I just did this with my scrog a week or so ago but I cut off a ton of stuff that was just little or super thin branching. A lot of it was branches that stem off of a main one and are really long and thin. They've stretched so they can get light but really the budding on them is weak and the stacking is usually pretty elongated as well. The really thin stuff (no matter how long it is) just won't hold the weight of the colas up.

You can also look at the budding that is going on. Some branches will have stacked nicely and others are just thin with one or two little budsights on them. Personally I'd just start getting rid of the weak stuff. It's pretty evident in what I am talking about if you look at any of the pictures where you feature the boxes with 5 plants in them.

Man I'm so thankful you passed by here! You answered my exact question. When I was trimming in the morning I saw branches that had grown tall but was thin and weak in aspect. I was wondering if I should trim them or not. Looks like I ll have to move everything again tomorrow! Thanks for the advices!

Man I'm so thankful you passed by here! You answered my exact question. When I was trimming in the morning I saw branches that had grown tall but was thin and weak in aspect. I was wondering if I should trim them or not. Looks like I ll have to move everything again tomorrow! Thanks for the advices!

Yeah I don't know if you've been keeping up with my scrog but I had 5 plants and quickly realized it was going to be too much and threw one outside. Bent the other 4 towards the middle and now it's all nice and even. If I let that 5th plant stay I'd be screwed right now.

You are at a point where it is still fixable but now you see how big they can grow and I don't think I'd ever put a plant in the middle again. If you would have vegged for a week or two less you'd still be running into this problem. Live, learn, adjust for next time and move on! Just keep in mind that planning the grow is a huge part of growing. Always keep in mind how the decisions you make will effect light penetration and airflow. They are the biggest factors in growing healthy plants and keeping away problems in my opinion.

When you talk about the smaller ones you mean removing the small pot? I will definitely follow your advice and trim more in the morning

It looked like you had multiple plants in one pot. It also looked like some of those plants were smaller. Smaller plants arent going to do well at all here.

If you trim branches look at whats going on with the tops, not just where they are coming out of the stalk. Leave the strongest budding branches alone. Snip some of the ones that arent tall, smaller diameter branches. Favor the stuff that is showing the largest buds now. They will be you performers later.

I m wondering if it s not the terpinator. I ve read different people reporting having small nugs with it. Last grow I thought using it by foliar spraying was the reason the buds had slow growth but maybe i m unlucky with it
I wouldnt blame anything on a nutrient. You just have too many plants for the space.

Yeah I don't know if you've been keeping up with my scrog but I had 5 plants and quickly realized it was going to be too much and threw one outside. Bent the other 4 towards the middle and now it's all nice and even. If I let that 5th plant stay I'd be screwed right now.

You are at a point where it is still fixable but now you see how big they can grow and I don't think I'd ever put a plant in the middle again. If you would have vegged for a week or two less you'd still be running into this problem. Live, learn, adjust for next time and move on! Just keep in mind that planning the grow is a huge part of growing. Always keep in mind how the decisions you make will effect light penetration and airflow. They are the biggest factors in growing healthy plants and keeping away problems in my opinion.

You re so right. I do remember you removed one plant that was smaller than the rest. I thought it would be good with less veg but I could maybe have started 12/12 from seed in one bud. Anyway know I know the power of coco! I ll do trimming tomorrow to optimize things. Thanks guys!

It looked like you had multiple plants in one pot. It also looked like some of those plants were smaller. Smaller plants arent going to do well at all here.

If you trim branches look at whats going on with the tops, not just where they are coming out of the stalk. Leave the strongest budding branches alone. Snip some of the ones that arent tall, smaller diameter branches. Favor the stuff that is showing the largest buds now. They will be you performers later.

So you mean sacrifice them by cutting them?

I wouldnt blame anything on a nutrient. You just have too many plants for the space.

You re right

OK guys so sometimes we have to take actions and make sacrifices. I have an idea and I think I ll do it. I ve just ordered this :

Screenshot_20180806-234606_Amazon Shopping.jpg

It's in foot around 2x2x5. I will put mylar in it and hang a spare 300w led light I have (100w real outage). Then I will remove the little pot which is in the middle. This will give the girls in the 2 big pots more space. I'll also give them a good trimming of all weak and middle branches. I think it s the best thing to do right now. Then to be able to take out the best of the 100w led light and the 2x2x5 space (2 feet are roughly 50 cm), I'll cut the weaker plant in that pot (the one on the left) :

PicsArt_08-06-11.45.22.jpg

The box will be useful then to hang drying buds as they won't all be ready at the same time

So you mean sacrifice them by cutting them?

You re right

I personally would cut any little stuff out completely and grow for quality not quantity. Dont worry. Youre still gonna crush it! Your plants are going off (thats really good) if you continue as you are you are still gonna have a personal best grow. The difference is how much bud you have to smoke or how much you have to make oil with.

Well i'm going to say it. Less is more. You need not only light penetration but also air movement. Do what you need to do to keep those going and the rest will fall into place. My first grow I was a leaf tucker. Got almost 8 zips with 4 plants. Not bad but the next grow when it was time to start flower I only left 3 plants in that side and yielded over 20 zips. More air, more light, = more buds.

Well i'm going to say it. Less is more. You need not only light penetration but also air movement. Do what you need to do to keep those going and the rest will fall into place. My first grow I was a leaf tucker. Got almost 8 zips with 4 plants. Not bad but the next grow when it was time to start flower I only left 3 plants in that side and yielded over 20 zips. More air, more light, = more buds.

Yup. My last grow was two plants and i did very well

Thanks for the time you re all taking to give me useful advices! Just before taking action I just would like confirmation that I should remove for example the branches with bud sites marked with red circles :

PicsArt_08-07-09.45.32.jpg
PicsArt_08-07-09.46.33.jpg

Thanks for the time you re all taking to give me useful advices! Just before taking action I just would like confirmation that I should remove for example the branches with bud sites marked with red circles :

PicsArt_08-07-09.45.32.jpg
PicsArt_08-07-09.46.33.jpg
Yes. You may even find taller branches that dont have many leaves, that may be thin in diameter and just look weak.. id pull them also. So instead of catering to the whole plant you are cutting out the competition for buds you really want to grow. You have the idea.

Make sure the bottom third or so of your branches you want to grow are clean too. I think it was Derby that brought up airflow. Thinning out the stuff on the bottom improves this airflow. This is critical on plant that are prone to mildow, bud rot or other fungal disasters.

I tried to listen to all the precious advices I was given here! I want to thank each of you for your help!

I tried to listen to all the precious advices I was given here! I want to thank each of you for your help!

You are an artist!. How do you feel?

You are an artist!. How do you feel?

I feel relieved! I also deeply think you all gave me the best advices I could get!

Back
Top Bottom